Best answers
First, I want to thank every one of the people that have worked on this mod. It's incredible what they've done with the HL1 engine. Can't wait for the final game. Seriously, a big world of appreciation. I feel like I can't overstate that enough before I tell this story of a certain conclusion I've come to, because hopefully I'll sound like a slightly less jerk ; ).

It all started when I graduated highschool. It was good times. Just graduated, ESF 1.2 had juuuuuuust come out. Spend a lot of good play time working on it. When I went to college, my suitemate (a guy I never had met before, and now I'm a groomesman at his wedding this year) and I bonded over all sorts of stuff, one of the main things being our interest in DBZ, and countless hours playing ESF once I'd told him about it.

Anyways, that same friend whom I hadn't spoken to in a little while, called me today talking about how cool the melee videos look that you guys just put up.

My point to this story is this- In the time that 1.3 has been in development, I've gotten my BS degree, my masters degree, and I'm about to begin my real job. Holy. Crap. I finished my entire undergrad swearing every winter we got snowed in that the next one we'd have the new ESF to play ; )

Anyways. That just came as a crazy shocker to me. But I know the time spent'll be worth it, and I'm excited and can't wait to see what you guys have up your sleeves for 1.3. I just hope it'll be out some time before I retire ;)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahah :)
It will be out earlier than that, i can assure you ^_^

Best answers
...if I get forced retirement before I even start working, I'd be all about it.

That's like free money.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
basically we develop ESF and do what you did simultanously and one of us is going to get his PhD real soon xD

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This beats all the other "WHEN IS 1.3 RELEASING?" threads, based on it's hidden sarcasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom