Advanced Melee Steps 3,4,5 + Video

Best answers
got some quorstions. what happens if you melee someone from the back? do you just knock them away like 1.1, does it become almost impossible to block a combo, or does the guy whos being attacked turn around and the regular prepunch stuff happen?

and when somebody is knocked into a wall and they just stay there can they be meleed or are they invulnerable?

and another thing will the head on melee be determined by who has more ki. cuz that just annoys me. what if it was like whoever swooped longer? i dont know just a suggestion

ps the video makes me all tingly inside. GOOD JOB!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great woprk team. I am VERY eager to play this.

Also--I've begun production on my ESF Soundtrack Suite for you guys. I plan on having between 5 and 7 songs done before long. I will post examples; hopefully there will be enough ready to give ESF's soundtrack a facelift to showcase this great new system

NOTE: for all the people saying it looks slow, don't forget that while one guy is charging has attacks, the other guy is madly hammering the keys at the same pace trying to block them. So...all in all it may look boring but it actually won't be in gameplay.

ALSO: I've got to say, the fact that you guys made the melee struggles appear to have mouselook is VERY cool! I always wanted that for Power Struggles!!

Best answers
The video is impressive, but I feel the ESF team is jumping ahead to beta 4.0 when it should be worried about beta 1.2. The game still has some imbalances to fix to make beta 1.1 completely balanced, and without fixing those, your team plans to plow forward with more features that can potentially be abused and may not work out as originally intended. It is depressing to see the team ignore the best players' advice and plow forward with their own plan, listening only to people like ESF forum moderators and small-time HOWers. If you think these people's input will improve your game, you are sadly mistaken. You sat down with us in a half-hour chat window and then tossed every one of our ideas out the window. So, I have no pity for you when your game comes crashing down and all of us elites quit.

Best answers
The new melee system looks great, just wish you guys where using a better engine :/

HL1 = jerkiness/ stuttering (animation wise) for 3rd person melee combat mods. (Well seems like it anyway)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
foreverzero has a point, making the game too 'noob-friendly' is not a very good idea, but as stated in the other thread. this system has the potential to confuse more noobs that the current one. and we all know how many noobs join servers and ask "OMG HOW DO YOU PLAY". well we can look forward to a LOT of that in the upcoming release. so anyone that bothers to check the forums or read/watch the tutorial will be one hell of a huge step up from the average joe.

Best answers
Does the pause while charging attacks leave you vulnerable to being disc attacked or beam attacked by anothe rplayer?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i just thought about something....
when the guy is trying to counter, and he has to press the direction, couldn't you just press all the direction keys down rapidly? or does it lock it so only 1 direction key can be pressed at one time?

Best answers
after watchin this movie again , and again and again i realised that yes the stun time is totally relevant to the combos and its not as long as i said because i made the window really small so it went fast....,..GOOD JOB

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tmisgod said:
Does the pause while charging attacks leave you vulnerable to being disc attacked or beam attacked by anothe rplayer?
I'm sure it will be like charging a generic beam, but it may charge faster, I dont' know though. I just hope that they make some animation while people are chargin attacks to look coo :)

Best answers
well if u know u dont have time to do a combo just throw the person. throw him into the incoming kamehameha, lol :D. i think they should implament some form of exiting the struggle.

Best answers
I think the melee system btw is amasing, I think the number one reason why your MOD is doing so well is because you dont shy way from doing something new, something different, becuase people arent use it it they will complain and say its stupid but once its released they couldnt see ESF without it. Keep it up, your heading the right direction just keep doing what you do, its awesome. LOTS of work but, I believe you can do it.

Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
I think the exit of a struggle is a throw...
i mean like if you have allready chosen that u are going to do a combo and not a throw to ur stunned victim and ur in the section where it asks u to type in the combo i think there should be a way to teleport out or swoop out backwards or something, like a combo that u have to type to leave.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but u cant leave if u want to

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not perfectly clear for anybody right now and it isn't going to be until they've hammered out the system a little better. As far as it having a low level of skill consider that the team may implament specific power combos that the attacker would have time precisely to pull off some impressive damage or possibly much more difficult to block attacks. It isn't finished yet, so don't just assume that it will be all random key presses and mouse clicks.

Best answers
thats what im saying , im saying it would be preaty crap to be able to type in ur combo then u c some1 come up to u and start charging a huge beam and u cant do anything to get out of the way because ur engaged in the melee fight.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beams wont effect whats going on in a melee fight joes said this before like a ps damage wont be done to people in a melee fight unless its damage done by the other meleer

Best answers
Well I have to say keep being intuitive and in no time skill for melee will be important for once. I mean comon now that its becoming more user-side based its going to get ALOT harder to be good so in the end just keep it up. Oh and those animations I give much props to. Peace

Best answers
:) That was the best video of ESF that I have ever seen! The music fits so perfectly with the video. No matter what way you team members always surprise me. I will always like ESF no matter what you all change in it. All this hard work pays off for my fun time and many others. Keep up the awesome work guys. :yes:

PS: And thanks for all you mods that have to listen to all this stuff every day in and out.

Best answers
The New Melee system will be great, for the simple fact that you have to pay attention to the combo's to stay alive. For the "elites" It won't matter if you leave because the noobs will still play esf every chance they get. The word "ADVANCED" really seems to mean "INDEPTH". Its more faithful to the show than the old one, and it will get rid of the HOW's that really piss me off. Good job esf team, keep up the good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom