Advanced Melee Steps 3,4,5 + Video

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing the large amount of multiple-threads that are created on every new piece of news item, I'll create one now and moderators have the go-ahead to close any other thread with the same content - this is to avoid forum cluttering.

Well here it is - Check out the new update on the advanced melee stages 3,4,5 alongwith an awesome new video clip:
www.esforces.com .

Masta stayed up for a long while typing this and creating the video just for the fans out there, so a thumbs up to his effort :yes: . And of-course, don't forget joe for his coding and DT for the awesome animation. ^_^

So... What do you think of these new advanced melee stages and the video? Remember that this is still WIP and is subject to change - so don't overreact and have mercy. :|

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup or as i call it the fun part of melee XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not to me, i'll eventually find a way to make it fast and crazy-like. :laff:

Good job ESF Team. You guys are really changing things up and making things a lot more exciting. Keep up the good work you guys. :smile:

Best answers
W00000t this is gonna r0ck!
I like it already!
It doesn't seem so slow to me and it really looks like the series.
Great job esf team :yes: :yes:

Greetz

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Looks ok to me, could be a little faster though.

Best answers
Argh stop feeding my eyes with little tidbits of the new melee system!!!!111oneoneone

In short....thumbs up to everyone on the ESF team that made it possible :D GW on the mod

EDIT : The combos need a little speeding up though,esp the charge on combos,looks a tad bit slow,but still worthy :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just read the main page, i am abit confused, it says you press the right mouse button, does that mean the secondary fight button?

:yes:

Best answers
Hi Commnity ~
i just saw the video of the new possibilities for melee , my question now is : is it possible to do the old attacks like in 1.1 ... like swooping and just kicking the enemy away ? And as i always said , ESF is ideal for 1on1 or 2on2 , cause i cant imagine that 2 ppl are in a combo fight and a 3rd standing there charging a kamehameha and ~~~~~O (Boom) ... is there a way to teleport out of this situation ? But i really think new system will rock ... and all ppl will waer they´r underwear on they´r heads ~

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think this is looking very god, I can't wait to try it out myself :D!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[SoB]-Bones- said:
Hi Commnity ~
i just saw the video of the new possibilities for melee , my question now is : is it possible to do the old attacks like in 1.1 ... like swooping and just kicking the enemy away ? And as i always said , ESF is ideal for 1on1 or 2on2 , cause i cant imagine that 2 ppl are in a combo fight and a 3rd standing there charging a kamehameha and ~~~~~O (Boom) ... is there a way to teleport out of this situation ? But i really think new system will rock ... and all ppl will waer they´r underwear on they´r heads ~
All your questions have been answered in the other advanced melee topic (you can turn 1.1 melee on with a command, and this is really for 1vs1 fights. I think the team might make the people in a melee fight invincible from beams and other attacks)

-----------------------

:shocked: wow, it looks absolutly amazing, apart the fact that i think it'l be easy to counter the attacks unless you do loads of weak attacks real fast. But heck, i havent played it so i could be wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
reight mouse button is secondry fire, so it grabs stunned opponents, while primary launches into the amazing combo system,

wow, looks sooooo sweet, all i can say is its very impressive, i love the idea of how you can vary your approach to attack, you can combo 3 huge powered ones or like 10 fast moves, you could have some serious fun.

My only concern is the grotescly large pause to fix the combo's, i'd personally reccomend a selection of buttons of the right side of the keybord, each one has a style and power, then you can quickly take a combo up, just gotta figure how to defend that >_<

i just cannot wait for whats next ^_^

Best answers
w00ot! now that is cool :)
Proper dbz melee! Thanks for the video esf!
*melikes the bit at the end where trunks dodges all the moves*

One thing though, im not too sure about those hands that appear while blocking, maybe i'll get used to them.

Best answers
are the combos fixed or do certain directions do certain attacks, like say u press the left arrow will that do a left punch or are u trying to type out a fixed combo to do a certain animation. like in that video did each of the directions create each contact made in that melee battle or did he type in a fixed combo to do that whole animation.

i really like the idea though, its allmost identical to the idea i was thinking of for GHP, except i though that instead of mimicing the combo that the attacker did the defender has to do the combo with opposite reactions to block / counter. eg: if they press up , right , down , left . the defender has to press down,left,up,right. and the way yous set it up on the HUD is way beter than my idea :yes:

edit:
say i was the attacker and that bar came up asking me to insert my directions if i just pressed left,right ,left ,right until the end will my player do a left punch then a right punch then a left punch etc or i have fixed combos to do.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eaz135 said:
are the combos fixed or do certain directions do certain attacks, like say u press the left arrow will that do a left punch or are u trying to type out a fixed combo to do a certain animation. like in that video did each of the directions create each contact made in that melee battle or did he type in a fixed combo to do that whole animation.

edit:
say i was the attacker and that bar came up asking me to insert my directions if i just pressed left,right ,left ,right until the end will my player do a left punch then a right punch then a left punch etc or i have fixed combos to do.
We don't even have fixed combos in (yet?). Everything has it's own animation.
Example -
Attacker charges : Weak Left Punch, Medium Right Kick, Strong Top Kick

Attacker will play - weak left punch anim, medium right kick anim, strong top kick anim
Defender will play - weak left punch hit/block anim, medium right kick hit/block anim, strong top kick hit/block anim

The hit/block anim is if you dont press the correct direction, you wont dodge it and you'll get hit by the attack. This is why we said before DT has a rediculous amount of animations (over 400+ for all custom skeletons), and we asked for a new animator to help him out :)

In my other post in the other melee thread I was talking about cvars. Most of the cvars come from this phase of melee. You can change the values from weak/med/strong charge times to how long you can hold a person in a throw. There are approx 17 cvars just for this stage of melee so far, more to come probably. So yeah, if melee is too slow, decrease the stun time per prepunch, and decrease the time for weak/med/strong hits.

Sephiroth_Renzo said:
w00ot! now that is cool :)
Proper dbz melee! Thanks for the video esf!
*melikes the bit at the end where trunks dodges all the moves*

One thing though, im not too sure about those hands that appear while blocking, maybe i'll get used to them.
They're working for us now, you do get use to them I guess. Maybe we'll find a better way to display blocks, or maybe you guys will give us a suggestion on how to display them ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no way i like the ddr style floating directions they look cool :p

Best answers
[SoB]-Bones- said:
Hi Commnity ~
i can only think of one form of sort of 2v2 or 2v1 with this system, and its for a 3rd player to step in while either the attacker is doing his combo or the melee stuggle is occuring and to do a power melee hit and knock out either defender or attacker into a cliff and end the melee struggle. but i dont know about this idea , because the people in the melee struggle might see the person coming to attack them but will they be able to do anything to stop him seing as they are in the middle of a melee struggle ( if thats what yous are going to call it).

question for joe:
see how when you enter the range of some1 else u automatically start autopunching, what decides wheather player 1 or player 2 get attacked. do u have to swoop to do an autopunch ? say like 2 players are floating and they fly (not swoop) towards eachother who will begin auto punching and is there a blocking method to prevent being "autopunched"

Best answers
that looks awesome, you guys are the best!!!

i dont really understand how the blocking works though, do you have to press that direction to block or something? (thats what i understood from what it said) also, will you have to do something different to block kicks

another thing: can you be hit while charging a combo?

anyway, great work team, especially the animators, they must have been working really hard

(i do understand that it is all subject to change, its just that i want to know the current situation)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YOU JUST TURNED MELEE INTO A GAME OF 'BOP-IT!!!!
lol
j/k
actualy thats not too far off, but still it looks pretty damn cool.
the combo system looks pretty good, and not easily scriptable (might still be possible who knows). great work on that guys!!! keep it up.

btw great animations on the melee stuff.

*edit*

do you press your keys to dodge/block when you see thr arrows coming up? or do you have to wait untill that person has actualy started the combo?

Best answers
I CANT WAIT IT ROXORZ, ESF 1.2 IS THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O_O O_O O_O :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom