Advanced Melee Steps 3,4,5 + Video

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@SA_Gohan: That was beautiful. I'm all for this suggestion, and I hope Pcjoe or mastasurf will definately keep this idea in mind.

Awsome thinking, SA_Gohan, you're a genious.

*EDIT*

I just think that melee should be controled with the directional keys. (W, A, S, D) Melee is already a selectable move. (1) So, I say by pressing 1 and staying in 1, that's melee for you, and while you're in melee "mode," you swoop using directional keys, and guiding yourself with the mouse. Swoop strafing would also be a possibility by holding A or D. Backwards swoop can also be a possibility by holsing S.

I think this way of melee would make things a lot easier, and a lot more fun. Since it would allow people to dodge better and put in some better combo's. Of course, this would be an easier way to control swoop, instead of clicking mouse1 and having to deal with delays.

Best answers
-Long Stun time Solution.

I think the way the ESF team have it is fine, especially since it has to cater for all types of connections (without totally revamping the combo system).

-Melee Charge Time Alternative.

Stances might be a good idea...if everyone had the time to learn how to play Lei Wulong (ok maybe I went a bit overboard with this idea, but it still sounds a bit TOO complicated for newbies to learn, maybe a single character with stances?)

-Melee Specific Stat and Finishing moves.

I would like to see what the ESF team have in mind for this? Maybe allowing the throw/esf melee punch (as it is now)/quick blue beam to be tacked onto the end of a combo? When a combo finishes what happens to your opponent? Is he knocked away automatically or is there a chance for him to fight back (if you land a combo successfully on him).

-Combo Streams

Hmmm might work, in real time, on a lan. Dont see this working too well on the net. What happens if a guy lags out completely?

-Melee Movement.

Sounds nice on paper, but how would you control this?
(Cant find where you mention being able to swoop not only foward but also back and to you left and right, that sounds good, and quite do-able).
-Auto Punch Blocking.

I dont think the defender can really have a chance to attack after auto punching, simply because there is no control over it, or the type of auto punches. If there were a variety of auto punches yes...(that might be a nice idea, many weak, fewer medium, few strong auto punches? Accessed like you do Cell's beams?)

I think this should just be handled like the kiblob blocking, automatically knocked away, but gives both people a chance to react.

-Throws.

I hope we see something a bit more like most fighting game throws, because as cool as spinning and throwing em is, if they dont hit a wall, its a pretty useless move. (After a melee throw, can you swoop after them to combo em if they havent recovered?) Perhaps a bit of a groundward piledriver or simple punch to the gut?

-Camera View.

I think the camera view rotates when you are the attacker, but from the defenders pov you gotta do the whole ddr style blocking? Might be wrong :D
Well it looked cool in the video. :p

-Damage Calculation.

Nice question. As cool as it would be, imagine how unbalanced things would get. A good player/kame spammer reaches ssj, and then he is difficult to defend against. Sounds cool, might screw up balancing tho, you would then have to give non-ssj'd/trans'd characters something to fight back with.

Best answers
Well what about the defender? i mean i think there should be some ways to make counter attacks instead of just dodges or blocks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zolmaster said:
-Throws.

I hope we see something a bit more like most fighting game throws, because as cool as spinning and throwing em is, if they dont hit a wall, its a pretty useless move. (After a melee throw, can you swoop after them to combo em if they havent recovered?) Perhaps a bit of a groundward piledriver or simple punch to the gut?.
throwing would still be usefull if they didnt hit a wall because if they dont recover their still flying in 1 direction with out control leaving them open to a beam or u could melee them again and nail them with a combo

zolmaster said:
-Camera View.

I think the camera view rotates when you are the attacker, but from the defenders pov you gotta do the whole ddr style blocking? Might be wrong :D
Well it looked cool in the video. :p
camera is 100% controled by the player so if u wanna look at it from the side u can above or below it dont matter doesnt effect the melee just how ur looking at it
and there are counters just hasnt been talked about yet

Best answers
Um just a thought...how is buu (big fat ol buu) gonna be doing advanced melee?
I dont see him being able to dodge the attacks? o_O

Best answers
About counter-attack,here is the solution,2 players swoop at each other,then,they catch each others hands,and,if they are strong enough for doing some specials,they do kicking with legs at each other(DBZ episode 215:The Long Awaited Fight[Majin Vegeta and Goku :smile: ]).Is that OK???

Best answers
I think my ideas for melee are a little better than holding hands. :rolleyes:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All right, thanks for selling your idea even more than you already have. Everyone is entitled to his own ideas and opinions. He didn't step on yours, don't step on his. Besides, yours has its own thread already.

Best answers
Jayster said:
just teh same as everyone else.,.,.,. he dodged attacks in the series didnt he?

No, i mean the fat majin buu model would be too big for the model to move out of the way? i dont see him dodging some of the melee attacks... like when goku dodges some punches, they will just hit the buu model...
Well i guess i have esf to prove me wrong :tired:

Best answers
Fat buu can just absorb the attacks with his belly :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sephiroth_Renzo, oh right, but still they might do abit in the code special for fat buu because i doubt they will have the same animations when blocking etc otherwise it will be looking at teh same thing over and over again

btw, Oval, we arent aloud to have those tests as sigs, if you dont remove, someone will remove it shortly

Best answers
Yeah but just because Buu was fat doesn't mean he wasn't fast. I highly doubt someone on the team's going to take the time to make Buu get hit more just because of his girth. But I do think he's a little.. out of balance with the other characters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
every "hit" connects with him, but not every "hit" damages him. takes care of your problem right there.

think of majin vegeta vs fat buu. vegeta was pummeling the snot out of him and he kept coming back reletivly unharmed.

for attacks that do hurt him... he can yelp in pain or something. and for those that dont he can laugh and say "buu!". *shrug*

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
And like i said above, almost everything has a CVAR. Too slow? Just change the cvars, make it as fast as you want.

well joe thats pretty cool :D
you guys did a good job ^_^
talk to ya later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom