Advanced Melee Steps 3,4,5 + Video

Best answers
Advanced Melee = r0x0rZ my b0x0rZ xD

Great job ESF Team

Best answers
i dont like it ....
......sorry i just dont like it......10/10 for the effort 10/10 for ideas
everything is good but wat i think wrecked it is the stunn part ....they just stand there doing nothing for like 6 seconds..... :\
but its still WIP so it should turn out better.....

EDIT***********
its actually about 8 to 9 seconds timed it ;(

Best answers
if there was no stun time there would be no time to put in the combos , the whole combo system is reliant on the stun time. unlessssssss..... u can select melee mode, type in ur combo, hold down mouse 1 , fly up to some1 , release mouse 1 and it will hit them , and for some1 to counter they have to lock on that person and type in the combo for the block sequences before the person flies over, if they are close there will be a wait time of how long it took the guy to type in the combo. hmmm , i like it how it is now though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i got a very good idea, and pretty balanced, and it is.... block struggle.

in short, when you start to prepare your combo, you can the enemy will start a little block struglle, you cannot do anything with it, but it just a little animation to kill the silence before yo uattack, it sounds good to me, like, you enter the block struggle, yo udo the combo selection stuff then execute it, all it does it stop them staring at eachother for ages.

another idea would be to do simtanious attack, you yo upress left, the opponent has to press it, but instead of waiting for a full list, the first one executes, then you do another and another, to a max amount, that kills the staring moment too,

i dunno, i just dislike that silence, the rest is sweet :O

Best answers
i really like the block struggle idea stop stop the starring.

Scruffie

S
The DDR style works for me. It'll require a lot of skill on our part from now on.

I gotta admit, ESF is a lot better nowadays... I'll definetley download this new version.

Rock on you crazy ESF people...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AMAZING, simply amazing...

Best answers
The combos just own ... the model anims look soo damn good I just love it :D

ESF Team you're awsome ... just awsome :laff:

Best answers
mmm i also noticed that yous arnt using that melee attack sprite on for the melee attacks , its the one thats like a greyish circle thingi that pops out when some1 gets hit by melee. i think it should be used on every 2nd 3rd hit or mayb just if the melee combo is fully charged in the melee struggles.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woo, lot's of responces, let's start from the top...

eaz135 said:
question for joe:
see how when you enter the range of some1 else u automatically start autopunching, what decides wheather player 1 or player 2 get attacked. do u have to swoop to do an autopunch ? say like 2 players are floating and they fly (not swoop) towards eachother who will begin auto punching and is there a blocking method to prevent being "autopunched"
Well, ATM secondary fire does nothing.. maybe we can make it activate prepunch or something w/o swooping. If you both swoop into eachother, it works like beta 1.0, since we havn't implemented anything for it... We'll put melee struggles or something along those lines in it's place.
ATM blocking does nothing, it will though before we release. Feel free to suggest things for what block should do.

esfn00b said:
i dont really understand how the blocking works though, do you have to press that direction to block or something? (thats what i understood from what it said) also, will you have to do something different to block kicks

another thing: can you be hit while charging a combo?
Blocking is simple. When the attacker presses the button on the charge bar, the direction gets sent over to the defender. You have up until the move is executed (animation plays) to block it, giving the defender a little more time after the combo is finished being charged to block the move (helps 56kers out too).
You can be hit while charging a combo, we're still debating if we should put the players in god mode / reduce damage / whatever.

USSJ2vegeta said:
i dont like it ....
......sorry i just dont like it......10/10 for the effort 10/10 for ideas
everything is good but wat i think wrecked it is the stunn part ....they just stand there doing nothing for like 6 seconds..... :\
but its still WIP so it should turn out better.....

EDIT***********
its actually about 8 to 9 seconds timed it ;(
They don't just stand there for 6 seconds, when the attacker is charging his combos, the defender has to block the moves. It keeps both players pretty busy.
And like i said above, almost everything has a CVAR. Too slow? Just change the cvars, make it as fast as you want.

shijing said:
well, i got a very good idea, and pretty balanced, and it is.... block struggle.

in short, when you start to prepare your combo, you can the enemy will start a little block struglle, you cannot do anything with it, but it just a little animation to kill the silence before yo uattack, it sounds good to me, like, you enter the block struggle, yo udo the combo selection stuff then execute it, all it does it stop them staring at eachother for ages.

another idea would be to do simtanious attack, you yo upress left, the opponent has to press it, but instead of waiting for a full list, the first one executes, then you do another and another, to a max amount, that kills the staring moment too,

i dunno, i just dislike that silence, the rest is sweet :O
We can always like just make a idle melee struggle to make it look pretty, hehe. That's true though, we'll look into it.

With the second idea, we concidered this multiple times, but when you think about it, it would just make melee slower and harder then it currently is. It would be like
*Punch* - wait a second or two - *strong punch* - wait a 1/2 a second - * weak punch * - etc....
It would also be really hard to block the moves too, expecially for 56kers.

eaz135 said:
mmm i also noticed that yous arnt using that melee attack sprite on for the melee attacks , its the one thats like a greyish circle thingi that pops out when some1 gets hit by melee. i think it should be used on every 2nd 3rd hit or mayb just if the melee combo is fully charged in the melee struggles.
Melee has no FX/sounds so far, it's very WIPish. After we get the server side base down, we'll add a **** load of pretty FX :) Gamplay before graphics, right? ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you press your keys to dodge/block when you see thr arrows coming up? or do you have to wait untill that person has actualy started the combo?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have to agree with your opinion my my second method, but the first idea would seem to be an effective way to stop teh silence, i wiggling in my seat to see what else you got in stall for us man ^_^

Best answers
wow,just...wow, that looks absolutely amazing for a WIP, cant wait to see the finished version :shocked:

question though, at about 55 seconds into the vid when gohan and goku are fighting,once gohan finished his combo,goku went into a combo of his own,but i didnt see anything like at the begining of the melee sequence where you select what you want to do. did i see that right? or was that just two really well edited together clips?
Edit: re-read the main page and noticed the retaliation bit i must have missed the first time,my questions been answered

Best answers
just simply amazing!
two thumbs up !

i also want to thank the esf team for making such a great mod and for putting all this effort into it just to satisfy our lazy bums.
Thanks a lot
can't wait to see the real thing. amazing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah that video gave me an orgasm.

GJ ESF TEAM.

Of course the real question is: Does trunks use his sword in advanced melee?!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Excellent demo of some of the new system. Great work Masta, harS, and Stryker :yes:

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Absolutely astounding guys. I watched with my mouth dragging on the ground. Melee already looks a million times better than 1.1.

And I also want to know what become of trunks' sword?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah this really looked awesome!
but there´s one thing i missed...
I badly wanted to see Trunks in action not that he got beaten up but attack
aynway really nice!

1 question. Are you gonna add sprites or something like this whe you got hit so there are some effects in it?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. Looks amazing. We can call it "Fight Fight Revolution" ^_^ Just kidding. It looks good, except the input for when the enemy is stunned seems to leave people awfully open for energy attacks from a third person, unless they're immune.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
also, if mouse2 does nothing while not in a fight at the moment, scrap the charge swoop and strap it on mouse2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom