Advanced Melee Steps 3,4,5 + Video

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that was cool! finally gohan gets some credit for his work in Hiperbolic time chamber (j/k). but the movie was great anyway, i hope u keep this system, cause i really like it.

Best answers
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
Well sweet guys, keep it coming, this is of course WIP, but if this is what we can expect, I can only see good things for ESF in the future.

I dont know how this would be incorporated, but how about an all or nothing kinda punch? For eg, dude blocking managed to successfully dodge X amount of punches/kicks, BIG ! (random perhaps?) sign comes giving the defender a chance to hit mid combo! :D

I dont know about coding this, it just seems like it would nice to have a non-abusable "reversal".

Best answers
After playing the rest of the versions. i will be very sad to see our old melee system go *even tho the new one is better* To bad can not mix the old with new one. Like have things the same but adv melee kicks in when someone blocks a melee swoop. or have it kick in with head on head charge. I still think behind hits or top hits should be knock back effect like it is now. And the lock on i hate i am sure everyone does. But it adds to the speed of esf when swoop is a major part of getting to point a to point b.

A few things that could help add to the speed i think would increase the speed of turbo. *shrugs* over all tho it looks great. The blocking of attacks looks very easy tho. The left right up down thing. I think only 75 percent of the attacks have a chance to be block or based it on the pl vs the other person how many options you get to block. Overall tho i think the new system will be great. The fun factor i am sure will go up 10x. I mean who does not want to do melee combos to cell as gohan just like in the show? Eye candy is a big part of fun factor and i feel bad for darth tooth and others who working on the animations lol

Best answers
yeah, this is EXCELLENT stuff; esf has come a long way from a small dbz fan mod to a very professional game

keep it up guys! :D

what is the music in the melee video???

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might look as though the new b1.2 is slow, but then again, people will eventually find ways to master the new system, and make it fast. ESF b1.2 melee, from what I see, doesn't even look all that slow. You just have to know what you're doing. Plus, I doubt the testers are elite with the b1.2 melee anyway, it's still new to them, since it is a WIP.

IMO, the new b1.2 melee system is going to change things, and people are going to get confused. It's almost like a whole new game. (Unless you put in sv_simplemelee1 :rolleyes: ) Then again, it's going to be A LOT more fun. Just like in the Alpha days, sooo much fun. It's going to be cool trying to figure out things with friends or clan members. I'm excited and I cannot wait until b1.2 is released.

Also, we all have to keep in mind there is MORE to the b1.2 melee. So i'm looking forward to seeing how that's going to be. Plus, like Darktooth said, there are going to be some suprises in store for us. That right there, is just mean and cruel. :laff:

I'm going to be happy with whatever the ESF Team does, because i'll always have fun with this game, no matter what. :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It's a bit sad to see this, a simple, plain, and cool game to play, converts into some hi tech melee complex. IMO, only the howing part should be fixed, next to that, it's fine. I'm sure you can pull fast moves, but that'll never make the animation look any faster. You'll always get bound to that charge swoop, melee auto punch things, and such, which take time.

With all due respect, I don't think this is making any -good- progress. I love how the ESF team kicks it this far, and all that in HL. But it's this fast faced, simple and plain mod getting converted into some new advanced stuff. I think that's what's irritating most of the ESF players. They are used to fast intense action and such, not entire 'pauses' through each move because you want some melee move.

I'll stick to ESF, that's for sure. But it's just this changes the entire game, going from face paced action to ....

That'll be all.

Best answers
itl b great we need dome more hi tech stuff not all plain and simple

Best answers
one thing that doesent look that good is the just standing there you are open to attacks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rikku-boy, don't double post. Use the edit button if you forgot to add anything.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Of course, every noob would like everything hi tech and complicated. The main problem is the veterans disliking it. And if ESF is willing to sacrifice those in exchange for lots of newbies, then so be it.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, people that want to know what the song is called.,.,.,.

dance dance revolution
DDR - Stomp to my beat

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Woha it`s the best :).(So far as I can see)

But really we can`t give any crits cause we haven`t played with the new melee system.

So any critz are wrong cause we haven`t played with the new melee system.:)

So let the esf-team finished what they began......

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
if got an idea for advanced melee i think the combo's look good and all but i whant to keep the combo's that were in 1.0 and 1.1 so why not make a finishing kick in the combo system where u knock im in whatever dirrection ur aiming at and when ur oppenent is flying back / rolling around u can just kick him again without anny combo's

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
They made an entire new video to show us what they created. That was because everyone was complaining about the introduction that was shown on the esforces.com site. That was to show what they meant, and now people can critisize, get the point?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i am not 100% sure, but i think they were complaining because they didnt explain enough information about the advanced melee

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
this is critisizing my friend .... i critisize cause this way advanced melee (probably) will be no skill needed and i suggested something that probably will be cool cause those combo's u need skill not that every can just use it

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
We can critisize what we have seen. It's not like they show it, and come up with some new tetris way of playing - right? I critisize as far as I have seen the progress of melee, the videos, that is.

Can't really judge about the 'skill needed' to play. It's not like they gave a complete handout about how it works, with buttons and such.

However, as far as I've seen, it's not really that 'skilled', no. But that's just as far as I've seen, and they aren't showing everything, so that's based on an opinion. In case anyone wants to beat me with a club now \o/

Best answers
Nive video and guys theres still more to the system masta said. I'm guessing finishing combos. *Finish HIM* down, left , down , left , Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom