2012 US election thread - keep it civil

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i just watched the presidential debate,

romney comes off as a complete moron. just saying.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Obama seemed apathetic, never went on the attack or anything. Romney just repeated the same thing over and over without giving any specifics. It just kinda sucks this year because both candidates are a shitshow so it'll be a lesser of the two evils thing when it comes time for me to vote.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Obama seemed apathetic, never went on the attack or anything. Romney just repeated the same thing over and over without giving any specifics. It just kinda sucks this year because both candidates are a shitshow so it'll be a lesser of the two evils thing when it comes time for me to vote.
Welcome to every election since Bush Sr., and likely a few before that.

Gir, Romney came off as a moron? Which debate did you watch?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Romney actually came off pretty sharp, he just gave zero specifics or details on anything.

The VP debate was a different story, Biden actually impressed me. Which is weird because Biden is a chode.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Romney actually came off pretty sharp, he just gave zero specifics or details on anything.

The VP debate was a different story, Biden actually impressed me. Which is weird because Biden is a chode.
Yeah, he was the superior debater, but the moderator was running interference for him and his creepy smile and laughing at some seriously painful issues didn't go over well with the public, the media's ripping him apart.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to every election since Bush Sr., and likely a few before that.

Gir, Romney came off as a moron? Which debate did you watch?
i mean that from the point of view that he seems to have backtracked against things he's stated previously.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Should we have an official presidential campaign thread? Watching the 2nd presidential debate atm in Sweden (4 am atm)... Obama has made quite the comeback and is owning the floor.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched the last ~30 minutes of the debate earlier tonight and was cracking the **** up. Romney is such a joke.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, this thread can serve as such. Emotions will be flying high, especially when Obama loses the election.

http://www.campusreform.org/blog/?ID=4435

Ought to be interesting.

First Debate went to Romney, VP one was a draw, but Biden came across as creepy and actually lost it while technically winning it, and this debate seems to be a draw as well (each side convinced their side won, etc).

And yet another year happens where I wish both presidential candidates could lose, I just hope we get the one who might fix the economy to serve his own interest.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Being an Obama supporter, I felt that he was the clear winner. But from an objective point of view I see Obama winning by a hair's length. I thought Obama answered the questions a lot better where as Romney was still unclear but also repeat himself several times, ultimately losing credibility. He was also contradicting past statements and Obama clearly pointed that out.

Nevertheless, the election is going to be a close one until the end.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being an Obama supporter, I felt that he was the clear winner. But from an objective point of view I see Obama winning by a hair's length. I thought Obama answered the questions a lot better where as Romney was still unclear but also repeat himself several times, ultimately losing credibility. He was also contradicting past statements and Obama clearly pointed that out.

Nevertheless, the election is going to be a close one until the end.
I have an inkling that it will not be. Democrats will stay home, independents and republicans will come out in droves to vote him out. Whenever a Dem is down 5 points or more in polling, it usually means that they are in incredibly bad shape. To wit, Dems in congress were only behind by five points in 2010, but they received the hardest beatdown in the history of US elections since they forced US taxpayers to pay reparations to the South for the civil war.

Obama inherited a shit sandwich, no one really disagrees with that, but ideally one would use a pooper scooper and clean it up in the first four years if he were serious about fixing it. He had TOTAL government control minus the courts for some time, in which he chose to not do anything to fix the situation "without republican interference".

He has utterly failed the country, and that will reflect during the election.

Then again, I'm one of the few people here old enough to remember Regan taking over from Carter for much the same reasons.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree with everything you said, Cuc.

problem is... i believe romney will actually do worse than obama.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LMFAO, Lincoln wins, and that sad, sad statement is exactly how I've felt every . . . single . . . election.

Best answers
Can you name a presidential candidate who wasn't born rich and privileged? Those at the top never see the world through the eyes of those beneath them. They are sheltered, and their perception of the world is inaccurate. That's why you have... creative... individuals, like Romney with his sky-vacuum idea, who are obviously fixated on the... fine details in the world. If you ask me, any politician should be required to experience lower and middle class lifestyles as prerequisites for candidacy. If you want to lead a country, you ought to consider every demographic and take in the big picture, otherwise that makes a shitty leader in my books. I just don't see that quality in these dudes!

@Deathshot, I agree with you about Ron Paul, that would have been interesting. I think he was the one who the Zeitgeist guys were supporting.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hahaha Lincoln was awesome! "EAGLE! KWAAAH" :p I laughed my ass off to the Obama impression, that was really good! :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I generally tend to just vote for the least assholish candidate (this being only the second I'll be voting for) because, in the end, the president isn't the one with power anymore. I seriously doubt Obama got into office and said "You know, I'm not even gonna attempt to do anything I said I would". I'm positive he got stone-walled pretty hard for most of whatever policies he's tried to set in place, in some cases managing to pass laws and policies because congress disagreed enough to not be able to out-vote and even being pushed into doing shit he didn't want too. I don't imagine it being any easier for Romney.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I generally tend to just vote for the least assholish candidate (this being only the second I'll be voting for) because, in the end, the president isn't the one with power anymore. I seriously doubt Obama got into office and said "You know, I'm not even gonna attempt to do anything I said I would". I'm positive he got stone-walled pretty hard for most of whatever policies he's tried to set in place, in some cases managing to pass laws and policies because congress disagreed enough to not be able to out-vote and even being pushed into doing shit he didn't want too. I don't imagine it being any easier for Romney.
Stonewalled by his party for the first what, eight months, where he had the entire government on his side? Their supermajority was wasted on setting up health care law rather than fixing the economy, no attempt was made when he had 2/3s of the House and 60% of the Senate (an unfilabusterable majority) where he could have passed any law or plan he wanted to.

It won't be easy for Romney either, Romney will need the Republicans to win the Senate as well as keep control of the house to have a carte blanche set up to fix the economy . . . you know, the same very setup Obama had and failed to do anything with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom