2012 US election thread - keep it civil

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's dumb because the right person probably doesn't have millions

Fun Fact: The Prime Minister of Australia is on a higher salary than the President of the USA (Keep in mind LA has the approx population of the total of Australia)

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
None of the right people have millions, because if they did, they wouldn't live the day to day life and know what is truly wrong with the country. The lines they use are normally about their grandparents or whatever, how the grandparents were the working class people. People born with the silver spoon in their mouth are just smart and charming enough to talk their way into a position where they can make the majority of the working class people think that they (the silver spoon babies) know the hardships that the families, without the millions, are going through.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Learn to read in general. Clearly says "Some, but simply not enough.".
Whoa dude, I wasn't saying anything on the contrary, I was literally just saying to read up on Eisenhower because he was awesome. No need to be a prick for the sake of being a prick.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember in one speech, Romney said " I know what it's like to be unemployed, I know what it's like to be middle class, I haven't had a job in 4 years" or so.

But fails to mention in the last 3 years, he's made over 40 million in public speeches and assorted dealings.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you know when you pick up a set of grapes which most of it has gone off already. You decide to choose one that reminds you the most of its normally eaten state. While this looks like the ramblings of someone you can't take seriously, you are in fact really doing that, picking and choosing presidents that the 'stem' (network) is presenting you with. All the stem is doing is the providing you with corrupted fruit, the stem itself is the bigger picture, not the grape.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know when you pick up a set of grapes which most of it has gone off already. You decide to choose one that reminds you the most of its normally eaten state. While this looks like the ramblings of someone you can't take seriously, you are in fact really doing that, picking and choosing presidents that the 'stem' (network) is presenting you with. All the stem is doing is the providing you with corrupted fruit, the stem itself is the bigger picture, not the grape.
This is one of those rare times I agree with you, there is a systemic problem in Washington, and its name ends in (D)(R).

And it looks more like a pair of boobs than I thought when you write it that way.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Seriously guys Ike owned.

Interstate highway.
Taxed the **** out of the 1%
An actual fiscal conservative (seriously, these existed at some point)

Discord Member
Best answers
this guy wont b elected .... i can guarantee that, republicans picked a candidate to lose this year ... u dont actually think republicans and democrats are separate parties? LOL dont make me laugh. the media and REAL ppl in power pick who is in office. if this wasn't true, RON PAUL would have been nominated instead, he was beating Romney in a lot of the states ... and lets face it ... he knows wtf he is talkin about. but the REAL ppl in power wouldnt like him being in power. he would actually work for the PPL so the media n stuff dont like that kind of thing.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this guy wont b elected .... i can guarantee that, republicans picked a candidate to lose this year ... u dont actually think republicans and democrats are separate parties? LOL dont make me laugh. the media and REAL ppl in power pick who is in office. if this wasn't true, RON PAUL would have been nominated instead, he was beating Romney in a lot of the states ... and lets face it ... he knows wtf he is talkin about. but the REAL ppl in power wouldnt like him being in power. he would actually work for the PPL so the media n stuff dont like that kind of thing.
If I shared exactly how I felt about this, everyone would wonder if Video_Jinx somehow got a hold of my account. Let's just say the main point is "political theater for a figurehead position." Granted that figurehead position's branch has a few more powers since 2001, they've never really used them in a way beneficial to the people here.

Hell, I think it's absurd we are still spending so much money cherry picking the revolutions we want to take part in across the globe while we've got neighbors down south being slaughtered in the same numbers. Do you really want to curb immigration? Then help them make their home countries a better place. Take out the drug cartels and corruption going on in Mexico instead of trying to set up arms at our border. Then again, I also don't really want to inflict our help upon them given our recent MO in international affairs. And even if we did somehow manage to gut corruption out of their political system who is to say someone else nasty wouldn't just fill in one of the holes.

The leaders of nation are so utterly human it makes me sick. We are now at a point where humanity working as a whole could eliminate the need to shed blood for resources but we still fight like animals. Even if we use an eye for an eye, we've more than accounted for any American life lost 11 years ago. It's time to for the world powers to realize that international affairs need to consist of respect and understanding(on both sides) instead of control. These are the fantastical dreams of an idealist :cry:

EDIT: And all of the above even hinges on whether or not we even have a right to intervene in their affairs.

FP Wannabe
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
A bit of a late reply on the subject of the physics of flight:

Sub mentioned WWII planes flying with no pressurized cockpits, it's true, however, whenever flying at a certain altitude, all crew members were required to wear oxygen masks, above 15,000 feet, without oxygen, you would start feeling drowsy, sleepy, your brain would lose cognitive power, you would not be able to make proper decisions or think properly, you could aslo get a headache, and eventually, you would fall asleep.

On an airliner, the emergency oxygen system does not last long, it's impossible to fly across the atlantic with oxygen for everyone, in fact, I think oxygen doesn't even last 30 minutes if the plane is fully crowded, therefore, if a window opened in mid flight, the aircraft would have to immediately descend to an altitude safe enough to breathe without oxygen system, usually around 8,000 feet, the sudden loss of pressure itself is not dangerous to the airframe or anything, the main concern would be the aircrew staying awake.

If you wanna be opening your windows at will in flight, the airplane should never fly higher than 8,000 feet to begin with, why don't we fly at 8,000 feet?

1 - Weather and turbulence: You would be subject to a lot of turbulence and loss of visibility from clouds, there is very little turbulence and only a few types of clouds at cruising altitudes (36,000 feet for example), flying would be a lot more dangerous.

2 - Engine efficiency and fuel consumption: At higher altitudes our engines have a higher efficiency and consume less fuel.

3 - Speed and air resistance: With a much thinner air, when you're going at 800km/h, the air resistance will be equivalent to flying at much slower speeds, like 400 km/h for instance, so it's much easier to fly faster when up high.

4 - Obstacles: At 8,000 feet there are plenty of mountains that could ruin your trip.

Giving the passengers the power to open the windows whenever they want is stupid, because people are stupid, one should never trust that kind of power into the hands of the population.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;cPgfzknYd20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPgfzknYd20&feature=player_embedded[/video]

How about we just watch this man debate himself.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that was Clint Eastwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom