Thoughts on ESF 1.2 (Opinions)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee + Frieza laser | Melee + eye lasers = pwn

SBC = Big, fast, does somewhere in the vicinity of death ball damage.

Struggles-> I do think struggles are also slightly effected by power level. Either way, getting 3 or 4 randoms in a struggle is just the luck of the draw, and your opponent has as much or almost as much chance of having that happen as you.

Throwing-> Hold left click. You'll resist and it'll take more of your opponent's ki to throw you. To avoid being thrown try to keep your opponent around/below half of his maximum ki. Regular players as well as transformed players use the same amount of their bar to throw you, though I think it's a little easier for a character with a higher power level to throw you (I'm not sure if that was implamented). Throwing is riskier than it's worth most of the time. Throw someone into a wall and they bounce back with more ki than you have, into the ground they take less damage than the wall. Also, if you hold jump while flying at the ground you can land on all fours and press jump again to bounce back up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 has far improved the Melee system. Although it is quite easy to do....it makes for more enjoyment. Beams seem completely unchanged to me, save for the generic beam secondary.

My only problem is my personal complete inability ti gain any sort of skill in any aspect of the game.

The Original Slapping Boy is BACK!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
when you get the arrow bar make it twice as fast or something its too slow

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know how to do it....I Just......suck....I don't actually care though. Just there to have fun. Make friends....and tell all the Noobs to STFU!

Best answers
I wouldn't want the SBC to be any stronger or faster, its plenty good as it is. I want the green man himself to have a faster speed and / or be physically stronger. Speed was / is a huge factor in melee, and the green man, after trans, is far to slow. I think hes one of the slowest transformed characters. It makes him usless for melee, and makes people want to beam spam with him, even though hes basically just a mix of gohan, cell and frieza for his attacks (SBC, Masenko and Lasers)

If they increase his melee capability even slightly, he would be better overall. He's great early on, but once people transform, they tower over him with overall melee abilities.

Best answers
im with everyone else i think the game has improved so much from 1.1 and i loved that version too i cant wait till more improvements r made great job team :yes:

Best answers
One problem ive found is now with the advanced melee almost being like duels....theres a whole crappy Jedi Knight Esque honor system evolving within the comunitee. Definetly not a cool development

Best answers
Soulstriker, I think you'll find that Melee struggles are just as affected by power levels as everything else. After all, if you struggle with a ssj, why shouldn't they have the advantage?

And ztimasta, if you do heaps of small attacks, then they go past much faster.

Best answers
Bihal said:
Soulstriker, I think you'll find that Melee struggles are just as affected by power levels as everything else. After all, if you struggle with a ssj, why shouldn't they have the advantage?

And ztimasta, if you do heaps of small attacks, then they go past much faster.
They shouldn't have the advantage because I worked HARDER for my trans. I was a trans'ed piccolo, he was a trans'ed trunks, and he has the advantage? Should be the other way around, considering all the weak characters in ESF take the longest to transform with. Why do Gohan and Trunks get fast transformations? It should be the weaker characters that get it, so they can have some sort of advantage before the mighty saiyans take over the servers. I mean come on. Using Krillin and Piccolo is even more pointless now than it was in 1.1.
Considering going "SSJ" is the strongest form of a transformation, it should take the longest for them to be able to reach their level. If I am not mistaken, Piccolo "Transformed" (Fused with Nail), before anyone ever went SSJ in the show.

IMO, The weaker characters should have more of an advantage early on, let them transform before gohan and trunks, give them a shot before the mighty saiyans transform and destroy the server with there 'awesome' power. If I work just as hard as someone with a saiyan class, I want the same benifits, or at least benifits that could be considered "equal"

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Picollo has a bigger variety of more useful attacks than any of the super saiyans. Big bang and final flash are great but they're hard to get and harder to use without becoming the target of the entire server. SBC is only overpowered by the death ball, but it's quicker to charge and the minimum charge is less obvious. Eye lasers make him dangerous after or during melee, particularly simple melee. Scattershot destroys stationary players like those charging FF or BB if you know how to use it. Masenko is probably more powerful than the SBC just a lot harder to hit with, but at least it can be detonated. The team decided a long time ago that not all of the characters would get a 2x modifier to their power level on their first transformation. Saiyans get more power, the other characters get different kinds of attacks that make them more versatile.

Best answers
All I can say is: holy crap!!!, this is good.

I can't believe it's free, I mean it's far better than so many commercial games.

Best answers
Some characters (such as trunks and gohan) can transform alot faster because that is their advantage, the early game. But once krillin for example transforms (which is powerlevel will be at 5-6million), he then has the upperhand, combined with his speed.

It's a matter of strategy, do you want to have the advantage early? Do you want to be the comeback swinger? Or do you want to play it safe with goku?.. Personally I like it like that....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ViRaX said:
- melee has to little damage
- bug in esf_gero and no sound when you battle against the "wall' of the map
- ki runs out too fast
- I miss powerstruggles, there's too much melee and too little PS.
- I want to have a chance to defend while someone is throwing mee. When they grab me i'm lost.
- few bugs about maxplayers, sv_lan, mp3 player
-I think it's fine, especially if you know the ingame combos :)
-Thats in all maps, it's a bug they can't fix unfortunately
-Manage it better :)
-The only powerstuggles I saw in 1.1 were planned, don't see much of a difference in 1.2, I still see people asking for struggles
-That's because of Steam, I think they'll try to fix this for the patch

I think the reason they prevented you from falling with a generic beam while waiting for the beam head to hit the ground is because if you shoot the beam regularily you aren't supposed to move. And to prevent the beam from looking like a big V.

Melee + Frieza laser | Melee + eye lasers = pwn
Damn right! It won't be long before more people start to use Frieza ;).

ti gain any sort of skill in any aspect of the game
Trust me, you can gain skill at the game. You play Joe or grOOvy, they are great at giving you that extra damage in between fights with generic balls, lasers or ki blasts.

Also, some of the maps look a lot alike. I forget the exact names.. but i think you all know what i mean =D
So if 1 map is good, they all are then? :D

Only one thing i was a little bit dissapointed on, was that beta 1.2, is now more of a melee game then a powerstruggle between two players.
That's what I like about the game :).

2 combos in 1.2...
I know 'em both, but what's with people thinking that each character has different combos. You have to realize, that they are all the same, it's just some of you don't know the bear minimum amount of keys to get the combo working. So you add an extra kick that isn't needed, then you think that because you added that kick, it's a combo only for Gohan. The two combos are the same for everyone :).

Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
-

I know 'em both, but what's with people thinking that each character has different combos. You have to realize, that they are all the same, it's just some of you don't know the bear minimum amount of keys to get the combo working. So you add an extra kick that isn't needed, then you think that because you added that kick, it's a combo only for Gohan. The two combos are the same for everyone :).
*ahem* What are the combos :p ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like ESF 1.2 but I was a little disiapointed.. Its a fun game, great leep from 1.1 but it needs something, by the time 1.4 and 1.5 come around (if it does) people will start to get bored. Maybe add more melee later on..

Best answers
Well actually, Piccolo is as fast as Trunks' transformed state. I say he should be made a little bit faster (maybe +10?).

Best answers
Piccolo's ki needs to regenerate slowly automatically (i'm sure a balanced amount could be fixed) & constantly to give him the edge i think he needs. Just enough to make him worthy of the green skin, but not enough to overpower him. (although certain green bean lovers swear to the heavens he is 1337 as is)

It would follow the show as well, as a passive meditation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom