Thoughts on ESF 1.2 (Opinions)

Best answers
Well i have to say a job well done for the team, no kiddin the best mod i ever played since esf 1.1

Actualy there are several good points, one is that there is less whining goin arround... i see people havin fun while they are bein killed... not to say when in a battle even losin u have a chance. Secondly the ssj part, it's good to ascend but it takes a buit longer... never the less the effect of an battle non ssj > ssj is good... players who don't have ssj make a chance...

That said.. Job weldone, enjoy the game it's worth dlín.

~Lost

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
fantastic game, love it, been teaching others how to use the new melee system :D
everything ive ever wanted in a game, its got the AWESOME combo system, but u need the skills and timingto use is
id say more but this is time spent when i could be ingame!
(runs)

Best answers
Well it is really good. Learning the combo system was easy. Cant wait morning that i can play again. Very good point is now those who just start playing esf will learn faster(because there is no reason anymore to charge your power in short times)

Best answers
Heyzz

I've been playing ESF 1.2 , and i think its a wonderfull mod and what they have done with the crappy HL engine is amazing , the new melee seemed very complicated at first but after a few hours of training it became pretty natural and very cool wich it already was from the beginning off course :laff: :laff: so people what are you thoughts on ESF 1.2 mine its what they have done with such an old engine is amazing and they can be proud of what they have done :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: thumbs up for the entire ESF Crew

Greetings
Maistro

Best answers
Beta 1.2...

Installing it was very easy no problems what so ever. I started the game like most of us, I was completley lost, even though I read the manual before hand. Soon after playing the bot, I learned somethings and quickly cought on. I also relised that if you were good with swooping in 1.1 it comes in handy in 1.2, I got destroyed by the bot. It left so many after images that I fell for. I loved the way the bot would teleport and "prepunch" me from above. The game was not what I expected, I was expecting something that would push the game towards a "duel-mode" but I was totaly wrong, the game expanded the original idea.

So many more doors are open to you, for example I was "swinging" one bot(buu) from his head tentacle, vegeta launched a beam at me, so i threw buu at the beam, and I used him as a human shield. I mean it felt so "dbz" like. The running pose is perfect! so is the walking. I wasn't disappointed in any way...except ping...if your ping is over 300, say good bye to equal chance, you get things about 0.8 seconds after it really accurs.

all in all this game really beats any commercial game when it comes to fun factor, its not as limited as the commercial games, but what really suprised me is that this staff is doing this out of there own good will, and released such a good product...it makes me happy that these people could possibly be working on a real commerical game , giving us a solid fun game in the future.

I see myself playing this all summer =D if I wasn't going to france...>>;

Post your likes and dislikes =)

Best answers
I like the new attacks, but I don't like the combo system that much. To many buttons, and I aint a fast button pusher.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a lot I like about the new version but if I had to just lay a few things out I guess I could.

Player into player collisions in general. No more ki based head ons, almost equal opportunity melee struggles (quicker players still have an advantage here), tactical simple vs. advanced melee collisions (I wont try to explain how it's tactical here but if you catch me on Aim or PM me I can try to explain it). Another thing I enjoy is the ability to melee someone into someone else or throw someone into someone else, which makes for the occasional "woah" experience when you get in a nice hit that takes out someone elses melee opponent with your own.

I like the speed of play. Swooping isn't as fast and mass teleports don't work anymore but that makes it more tactical, so there is more thinking involved. If you get thrown into a wall or the ground fighting doesn't just stop, you bounce off or jump up and you're back into it again.

I also like how beams play a slightly bigger role in melee with the new slightly slower speeds and breaks in melee.

----------

Post from the other thread-> Well do remember that if you would rather stay out of advanced melee you can use simple melee to knock someone a little ways away and use a quick beam on them while they are recovering. You can also get out of advanced melee battles more quickly by just blocking without retaliating.

Note-> Just merged this and the other opinions threads.

Best answers
love the game
just 1 thing i dont understand......
those white arrows on the left are to block right?
it shows 4 arrows sumtimes ...... which arrow do u press
do u have to press all 4 at the same time?
thats the only problem i got..

installing = easy
bots = easy (to get working, not to fight :) )
learning ad. melee = 10 mins = easy

top mod

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check the manual. Four arrows at the same time is called a multidirectional arrow and it means you have to guess.

Best answers
what happened to esf_guru
i loved that map, plz put it up for download somewhere
and what's up with the mp3 player, my settings keep changing except that
it's all good :cool:

Best answers
I love this mod, it is the best ever!, i wonder how they could make it even better than it is now, its everything i want in a game, action, adventure, comedy(buu's tentacle) and some tactics... MAN the esf team is good!

Best answers
hmm aw well its an ok game i guess, wasnt really impressed by the new melee system, but what the hell got nothing better to do anyway :p

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe..
did any of you guys figure out the new combos? :)
2 combos in 1.2...
MORE will be in the patch and after! MUCH more.. if you find out.. PLEASE dont tell anyone... its just fun to do it to people who dont know it :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wen it works, its the best mod/game i ever played, wen it dont its ****ing annoying. good job team, its just my stupid machine, i luv the new melee and i luv the jap soundpack (when that works as well) and the graphics... well the graphics are just spectacular. Swooping is much better now, more diverse, and the teleport now actually tricks people which is also groovy, the beams look great..... just yeah, i luv it all :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I love it, 1.2 has me addicted to ESF, which I haven't been addicted since I first started playing which was the release of b1.0.

Great job, guys.

Best answers
Heh.
I'v been playing it long enough to say its amazing. The new melee is just wow, its not explainable. Its just better in every way possible.
There are a few things I dislike however:
1. The new beamjumping. Before, even as you released your beam, you continued to fall until the beam hit the ground. I dislike now, how it stops you once your beam is released. It probobly did more good than bad (bug wise), but I still prefer the other way.
2. The "guessing" in the melee. The multi arrows. In my opinion, they remove from the game. For my personal taste, I get them far too often. I get them far too often in melee struggles. The majority of the time I have to guess what the direction is, and one time every arrow but one was a multi. Its just plain wrong. Someone who actually has skill at the game can get pounded by a "newb" at the game simply because the game decided to fire tons of multi's at one person. Sure I get breaks too, so does everyone else, but IMO they appear too often. I don't mind them in normal melee for the most part, they have annoyed me a few times, but not enough to complain about.

Other than those two features, from what I can tell, beta 1.2 is better in every way possible.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 is pretty good.

There are a -few- problems, such as the inconvenience of setting up temporary servers using the client pack, you should be able to enter a name, and tell it to be an Internet server without typing "sv_lan 0" in the console. You should be able to set maxplayers, without configuring a file, as well.

Also, to enable the mp3 player from installation, you have to either type cl_mp3player 1, in console every time you play, or edit the config file in the directory.

I just think those should've been taken care of.

The game itself is pretty fun, with just a few complaints--advanced melee doesn't do very much damage, because 90% of the hits that go on, don't make the opponent fly into walls, (which is how major damage was done in 1.1) and as such, even with doing combos, advanced melee takes awhile to kill the enemy, even if they don't block -at all,- and you get combos off mid-time. Also, since it takes several advanced melee battles to defeat an opponent, this leaves you very, very open to other players interfering.

Suggestion to fix? Double the damage from advanced melee.

1.2 is an incredible jump from 1.1, and I know things need to be tweaked--very much looking forward to the patch, and 1.3.

Overall congratulations are in order!

Best answers
:D I was dominating in a 1v2 as usual :D *brags more or something* when...

I got thrown into a wall.... I thought i was doomed! There was frieza charging his beam, and I could see the faint glow of vegeta swooping my way from the side!! The beam fired, i had a split second decision what to do! I swatted the beam away, which went directly into the swooping vegeta's face just in time, then I immediatly flew into frieza for the ownedge >_O

Best answers
Congrats on a job well done. I have played this game for at least 13 hours now and I don't want to stop but I have to work...There is just one thing that dissapoint me:

Throwing - There seems to be no way to prevent the opponent from throwing you unless you are stronger then them and have a higher power rating by at least 3 times. The only other way is to hope they run out of ki. There should be an actuall struggle here instead of the meter apperaing and you aren't able to do anything.

I hope this is fixed in the patch, or the next release.

anyways, I found a few bugs....

In one of the new maps (ESF_gero I think) Occassionally you'll go under the map and get stuck there.

If you go into melee next to a wall, no sounds are heard.

Otherwise, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom