Thoughts on ESF 1.2 (Opinions)

Best answers
I noticed only about a couple of bugs. Everything else is juusst peachy. Good to know ppl dont complain and the fact there cant be that label crap that was once in 1.1. I think ive already know how to do everything and i feel like i can kick anyone's butt. Its been a while since ive had a good challenge. The only player that i found challenging was Mystic. He was agood challenge. Otherthan that its been kinda simple. But great job after all. :yes:

Best answers
as far as bugs i just seem to be missing effects when i trans, no auras or that but aside from that its perfect

Best answers
I LOVE THIS GAME, i like the fighting and all the combos as well as the bots.

One thing though is vegeta doesnt have many good attacks there basicaly just shoot at a target attacks...Im saying goku gots thee torpedos and piccalo teh scatter shot and the others got some special stuff but vegeta just has beams. HE just gets boring after a bit he doesnt have any strategy to him so im hoping sometime in the furtre they give him something special

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My opinions. The overall gaming is sweet. Nice melee system, combo's and etc. I like the 5 second invinciblity so that there isnt too much spawn killing. In fact, i actually spent more than 2 hours playing when first dl *i usually stop playing after 20 mins when playing a half-life mod*

Things I wish teh mod had focused a bit more on: Ki, simply ki, it runs out too quick. Have to constantly recharge. Which is kind of, bad. Also, some of the maps look a lot alike. I forget the exact names.. but i think you all know what i mean =D

Things I hate when playing: Getting kamehameha'd while in the middle of a combo, Getting rushed in a middle of a fight (after you lay a combo on someone.. woobam! somebody comes out've no-where and blindsides yah).. if we're in the middle of a fight.. why blindside us? AND GETTING KI-BLOBBED IN THE MIDDLE OF A THROW IS ANNOYING!!!! *only noobs use this technique...*

other than that it's fairly fun. on esf 1.1 i was 4-20.. 1.2 i went 17-3

Gameplay: 8/10 *ki runs down too fast. melee is awesome*
Graphics/Detail: 10/10 the trees.. mountains.. everything is awesome.
Animations/Movement: 9/10 *a little buggy.. but it'll get fixed soon i hope*
Overall: 9/10

Best answers
SoulStriker...
As for the too many multidirectional arrows.... and being beat by a newb because u keep getting them...

Since multidirectional arrows are based on the strength of the attack and the PL difference between the players fighting, i think it actually has more skill to it than you might think. If you are ssj for example fighting a non ssj, you are gonna throw out a bit of multidirectional arrows... now does that mean he's more skilled than u? ..no.. of course it doesn't... but it means he earned it because he got enough power to transform. And once you get enough power it will be a more even playing field, its totally balanced if u ask me.

To Jarstin guy thingy...

There actually is a way to stop people from throwing you, you have to block before someone prepunches you. If you block before they attack you they will not be able to throw you : )

*on 1.1 I went 29-16, on 1.2 I went 350-26* :D im not trying to show u up i swear! :p

Best answers
I like it except for the fact that the only way to counter throwing is to hope the enemy runs out of ki, or you block. Once you start to get thrown, there's almost no chance of escaping a throw.

But I guess that's a gameplay mechanism.

Best answers
I love the new version...explosions rock..mellee rocks...telekinesis has rocks..crushing damage makes rocks appear....couldnt ask for more (crushing damage with prepunch into the side of a cliff is my fav thing,,,those rocks flyin up look wicked)...

Now onto some constructive critiscm. I agree with SailorAlea on the advanced melee does too little damage. Compared with beams...melee does almost jack all damage unless you get a really sweet combo in. I think it should be a little more offensively balanced (defense should be harder....make arrows come by more quickly so we can get more hits in and do more damage).

Rezoku still isnt as good as normal ki blast imo. Now with chain swooping its easier then ever to avoid the shots, and they dont stop a player in mid swoop. Even if you throw a player into a wall,,,by the time you charge up a half decent rezoku theyre already long gone. I would suggest perphaps changing it to be exactly like the normal ki blast but secondary fire is just slightly faster then a normal ki blast (not too much...but enough to notice and make it more useful).

I agree with Iceman as well in that Ki runs out far too quickly...it does make it more tactical...but DBZ isnt necessarily all about tactics..its about action too..and having to recharge after every swoop chasing session or every teleport gets a little tiresome (for me anyways).

And thats all for tonight...Great job on the mod team. Most DBZ'esque game ive played to date.

Best answers
I love just about everthing about 1.2. The team did a great job with this. Keep it up!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
so many things to give credit about :smile: awesome game guys well done and cant wait for next version :yes:

Best answers
I have started to find, on servers that actually have the speed to what it is supposed to be, that the delay in melee after oyu start swooping is damn bollocks.

Ki plays a small part, but will not let you win a melee battle everytime. so this fix for LSMing is redundent since you can't really LSM now. I mean, at worst, it goes into a melee struggle.

Best answers
Awesome game :)

But just like the others say:

- melee has to little damage
- bug in esf_gero and no sound when you battle against the "wall' of the map
- ki runs out too fast
- I miss powerstruggles, there's too much melee and too little PS.
- I want to have a chance to defend while someone is throwing mee. When they grab me i'm lost.
- few bugs about maxplayers, sv_lan, mp3 player

But i think all those thinks CAN be solved in the PATCH (except changin gameplay : less melee - more power struggle), but when the patch can fix all the (or most of) the other things we will have an almost perfect mod. (we have awesome, then almost perfect, then perfect and i hope 1.3 will be perfect ;)) but this mod owns!

Best answers
I think this mod blows.

Grats to the script kiddies and aimbot users on an easy mod to dominate! ;)

Best answers
The new melee system is awesome, no other words for it.

Only one thing i was a little bit dissapointed on, was that beta 1.2, is now more of a melee game then a powerstruggle between two players.

Oye and still i dont really get the new block system, sometimes i can deflect a beam, or block it in a block struggle but sometimes also it just explodes in my face, i mean wtf!? Is it because my opponent is stronger then me, then i cant block it or....? i dont know.. O_O

However ive heard that in 1.3 beams&powerstruggles are goin to be altered so have to be patient :)

edit: oye forgot like the other dude said above, sometimes the sounds dont work for 1.2 melee, strange maybe a bug or something.

It often happens when you do 1.2 the first few blows have sound, but if you continue it suddenly stops.

Xer

Best answers
To Final Vegeta, about the beams, if you're playing against bots I think they
just detonate the beams before they make contact.

Anyways, advanced melee is great, melee struggles are great, everything is
:yes: . All I have to say about gameplay is it could use some sort of server
command to make it go faster, and the ki does run out a bit too fast :)

Thanks to the team, beta testers and people who made good suggestions
that went in to the making of beta 1.2 and all the other versions of the mod.
Have fun everyone that play it :yes:

Best answers
i love it !

the only thing that bugs me is when i finelly get to cut someone with the sword
the half models disapper so fast i cant get a good look .... :D

Best answers
Great game ! ! ! But a question:

Do u gain easier PL then in 1.1 ? Because i wass krillin and i managed to trans quit quickly.... (were already a lot of ssj's on the server....)

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
SoulStriker...
As for the too many multidirectional arrows.... and being beat by a newb because u keep getting them...

Since multidirectional arrows are based on the strength of the attack and the PL difference between the players fighting, i think it actually has more skill to it than you might think. If you are ssj for example fighting a non ssj, you are gonna throw out a bit of multidirectional arrows... now does that mean he's more skilled than u? ..no.. of course it doesn't... but it means he earned it because he got enough power to transform. And once you get enough power it will be a more even playing field, its totally balanced if u ask me.
Next time, please read my post throughly before you reply. I said:
SoulStriker said:
I get them far too often in melee struggles.
I dont mind getting them in normal melee, as I said a few times in my post. I said I hate them in melee struggles, because that area has nothing to do with you or your opponent's strength, because neither of you are actually dishing out attacks. I get them quite often in melee struggles, like sometimes 3-4 of the arrows are "guess" arrows. Most of the time I get 2 at least. I have had two instances where I got none.

As for transformations, *some* of them play a role in the melee. I noticed that piccolo still sucks. For what he gets out of his trans, compared to say trunks, they should reverse when they trans. Piccolo transforms at 1.7 million I believe, and the speed and strength (not powerlevel, strength) he earns isn't even worth waiting for the transformation effects to fade away. I want to use piccolo now because there is a good model for it (go smo go), but its not worth it because he takes too much time to trans, and gets so little for it. They should reduce the pl he needs to trans, and / or increase his transformed str and speed.

I realize that some characters are "bent" on melee, and others on KI attacks, but I don't think piccolo's SBC, masenko, and eye lasers (considering other characters can use each attack, frieza having a laser of sorts), are a fair tradeoff for his lack of melee ability after he transforms. You try taking on a SSJ Trunks with piccolo. Its not even close to even. There beatable, but you have to have alot more skill than they do. I noticed that when you trans, its easier to throw other non-trans'ed people, and alot harder to throw you. I tried it with piccolo, and his advantage in that area is bleak.

Anyway, just wanted to point a few things out. I am not being a 1.2 basher, these problems were in beta 1.0, let alone 1.2. 1.2 is the best version i'v ever played. I played for 4 hours straight yesterday, and the only other game i'v ever done that with was alpha 1.9 / alpha 2.0.

Nice work ESF Team :)

Best answers
I think melee does a perfect amount of damage. Beams are the ones that are spose to be the 1-3 hit killers. Not melee. And if you are transformed you do more damage in melee, I see myself doing 10-12 damage at times which is enough for me (of course this is the strength of the attack). The fast punches are meant to dwindle away life slowly as a person can't think fast enough to block them all, while a strong punch/kick is meant to hurt your opponenet although it's easier to block on an even power playingfield.

Ah, sorry SoulStriker... I guess I misunderstood you when you said Melee struggles but I understand now. But I always thought if you had a much higher powerlevel than your opponenets in a melee struggle your opponent would see more randoms, is that how it is in the code?

As for the upgrading of the green man, I couldn't agree more. I think if they made the SBC alot faster, it would make him more playable.

ps. Frieza + Transformed + Fully/Half charged Deathball = incredibly cheap. (Although with the new melee prepunch it can be difficult to get these off :p so I guess it's pretty much unspammable with more than 2 players)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom