Sub's Suggestion Thread

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i disagree with that, normal camera view is the best. I think you people are going to get tired of that camera view.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
=O Harsens!! take a LOOK

Here is a way to balance faster + slower characters and Ki energy.. and SSJ and above:

-All characters have the same amount of ki energy.

-All characters swoop the same distance in one full swoop.
-All characters burn the same amount of ki in one full swoop.
-All characters have different speeds(The time it takes to make the distance of one full swoop, determinesa characters ki burn rate when swooping).

When you go Ascend, instead of a Ki multiplier, you get a slightly less Ki Burn rate.( this will give the feeling of slightly more ki ) SSJ's swoop the same distance in one full swoop @ a slightly less ki burn rate.

Same applies when you ascend higher.

-------------

Also about that new cam view fix..

Its pretty nice, I suggest allowing the x offset command to be "automatic".

Example.. when hit from the left, my x_offset can zoom out to 200 then ease back to 0 .. when hit from the right it can zoom over to -200 and ease back to zero..

when hit from the front, the idealdist could zoom in to a close view.. then ease back to its setting.

2 other commands you should prolly take a look at.

Cam_idealyaw , Cam_idealpitch maybe these can be tweaked for better uses

-----------------
Frieza's lazer should be changed =o.. Eliminate it's single fire.. keep the rapid fire, and replace the single fire with this..

It could do damage like a maskeno and charge just as fast. While charging he could put up his arm like a gun, and when he shoots he could say "bang"., the only dif is the "lazer/beam"would be thicker and bigger. If you hit 2 people with your lazer, the first person in front takes the main effect, the person behind takes small damage..

the person in front would go into a freefall recover mode

its a suggestion.. i think it would be much better then what frieza has now =o

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've effectively unbalanced the melee. If everyone's ki and ki burn is the same, but their speeds are different, then certain classes simply will not be able to keep up with others in melee, and it becomes frustrating. Another incredibly pointless suggestion.

At least right now, class stats are all different, which means certain classes can be seen as being geared toward certain players. If you're a ki whore, Goku is your man. If you like speed, Krillin's your boy. So on and so forth. It's balanced as is. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
You have officially misread my post, so SHAME ON YOU

letz me quote

-All characters burn the same amount of ki in one full swoop.
-All characters swoop the same distance in one full swoop.
-All characters have different speeds(The time it takes to make the distance of one full swoop, determines a characters ki burn rate when swooping).
Example:

Goku and krillin swoop the same distance, but goku can swoop the same distance faster because of his speed. Krillin can swoop the same distance, but slower. The balance is Krillin swoops longer with a slower ki burn for the same distance

basicly Faster speeds = Faster swoop ki burn
slower speeds = slower swoop ki burn..

All swoops travel the same distance.. some swoops finish faster then others

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I think there should be a command to "SCALE DOWN" swoop speeds for all players for maps like esf city, when things can feel clustered cuz you go so fast..

Last edited:
The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
isnt it how it is now? a SSJ goku burns much more KI than a normal goku because he's faster.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. In 1.2 when you go SSJ, you gain double the speed as well as a significant amount of ki. You essentially go twice as fast for half the cost.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's been decided what's happening with all of those values yet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My idea is actuaslly to have SSJ forms be stamina based rather than KI based.

I allready had some code for it done before my PC broke. So i can resume to finish it and we can test it later to see what we get :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think SSJ should be solely based on stamina, but it should be a dependency.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, stamina is a good idea, but ssj1 should really be a low stamina burner, so it can be the transfomation more used by sayans. that would balance a lot the gampeplay between sayans and other chars.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ehhh, maybe for SSJ

but adding in stamina should only affect certain moves
like a spiderman superjump
or a very fast sprint

you know, melee extra's

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Melee extras???!! Good idea especially if you were implying that they be added to SSJ and up.

In my opinion they need to slow down the speeds abit.. and have "ssj" as the main form of fighting while anything above that would be extra at a cost, while anything below would be a stepping stone/learning curve

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion they need to slow down the speeds abit.. and have "ssj" as the main form of fighting while anything above that would be extra at a cost, while anything below would be a stepping stone/learning curve
Why wouldn't you want the first form to be the default form people fight in? That would mean that you would have to take the time to get people transformed for 1 v 1's, thats not practical.

I changed the camera a bit. Got rid of default_fov, you can still set the fov with the fov command if sv_cheats is on. cam_xoffset now actually strafes the camera to the left/right of the player, rather than directly setting an x offset. This removed the need for a cam_yoffset. cam_xoffset, cam_zoffset and cam_idealdist are limited to some reasonable values.
Sounds good.

As for the teleport, in the current openbeta it moves you in the direction the crosshair is pointing if you don't press any other buttons. Which amounts to staying in place if you're on the ground and slightly look down. I changed this default direction to up for now, we can see what we like best. Note that you can also teleport up using jump+teleport.
In the current build of 1.3, teleport doesn't work so well on the ground. When I press the teleport button, I never want to teleport into the ground, yet this will always happen if your not aiming directly parallel to the ground or above that parallel line while moving forward. Players shouldn't have to compensate for the fact that the game will teleport them into the ground when it should teleport them in whatever direction their moving.

Powerlevel/transforms
I think the current (openbeta) transform system with pl bonusses rather than multipliers works pretty well. Your idea basicly amounts to taking out powerlevel altogether and let damage solely depend on the tier a player is in. I don't like that for a couple of reasons and subreasons:
- Once you're in the final tier, there are no more rewards other than score
I actually think this one should be a postive. The problem with the current PL system is that there isn't a limit to how awesome someone can become. If a guy is good, the game becomes easier and easier the longer one plays. There's never a point where the game says to them "Alright, enough is enough." Your do make a good point, though.

- Less flexibility and less difference between characters
-- It becomes harder to design a strong but slow character vs a weaker but fast character
-- Either the number of tiers has to be the same for every character or you'd have something weird like characters with less transforms transforming from tier 1 to tier 4
- It doesn't fit well with the pl bonus system for 'cool actions' (for now, just winning a ps or bs)
- Basing transform possibilities on kills promotes kill stealing and picking on weaker players and gives no reward to taking out stronger players like the current pl system does.
-- Basing it on damage, as zeo proposes, still promotes killing weaker players (=those in lower tiers), simply because it's easier to deal more damage to them
Fair enough, no arguments from me there.

The ki efficiency values are something that can be played with though. Although I don't like the general idea of a transform sacrificing ki-efficiency for speed and strength.
Yeah. I don't think anyone is going to be able to sit down and write out what the ki efficiency values need to be. That needs to be tested and iterated on by playing

Tutorial
It was planned to not only have popups giving tips, but also relate some of the tips to what you're doing ingame. So, for example, it could give powerstruggle hints if you're in a ps or tell you to press jump if someone hits you in a wall, etc etc.
That's actually an awesome idea.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is there any chance that we can make recoveries from simple melee hits automatic (same thing for wall jumps when stuck to the wall/ hit directly on the ground)? Players who are new to the game have no idea that you can recover by holding left click or jump off a wall by holding jump. Quite frankly, pressing buttons serve no purpose other than add one more thing for a player to learn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom