Sub's Suggestion Thread

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
In my opinion they need to scrap the default Camera view..

and make an "interactive" camera view.. So basicly during certain events the camera view automaticly zooms in and out to better suit what the player is doing.

Examples:

I spawn in mid air, The camera starts very close, and begins to zoom out to it's set "idle" camera view..

Suddenly a beam comes crashing down on my screen, so i teleport.. the Camera zooms in a bit and gradually returns to its idle cam view.

BAM! I'm hit from the side.. the camera view zooms out and turns to my side to view the side I was hit from... As i recover the camera view gradually returns to the Idle position.

after recovering I swoop. When swoop the default_fov #(number) gradually lowers, this gives VERY worldy view when swoping and can give immersive play..

these are just a few examples tho.. this is just how i think the camera view should work.. it shouldn't be so stiff i hate the stiffness of it to be honest..

As for the ideas sub.. Good stuff.. but i jus wanna remind everyone of my ideas about the swoop Distance and swoop Speed/Time..

1) All players swoop the same distance.
2) This includes SSJ and above
3) This means, krillin will swoop longer to reach the same distance as goku, because of his slower speed. This gives krillin an equal playing field vs goku.
4) This also forces players using faster characters to use more skill, because they'll have to make more accurate swoops before their swoop stops.

For example:

If krillin was to verse SSJ3 Goku, Krillin would use his ability in being able to swoop longer as his advantage, where as SSJ3 Goku would have to use his accuracy and speed, because SSJ3 Goku's speed causes his swoop to end sooner.

5) Because characters all swoop the same distance, but at different speeds. This means all characters have different "KI Burn" rates, BUT they all have the same amount of ki, including SSJ and above.

6) Ontop of this to add a slight tweak.. when a player ascends to the next form, their Ki Powerup rate Increases slightly. This will give the feeling of them having abit more ki, but in reality they're just generating more ki at a faster rate.

Edit---

1 more thing.. I suggest making the spectator view FAR .. FAR... wait here it comes FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR more interesting... I mean this is DBZ.. why is spectator mode so boring =[.. It should be interesting/entertaining to watch two skilled players fight while in spec mode.

Ah this also just reminded me of an old fun game I made up that i believe should be added as an ESF GAME MODE.. It could be called "Survival Mode"..

basicly you have a server.. When people join it.. they're automaticlly put onto a waiting list and is given the option to step out of line into the spectator mode.

so the two people at the top of the list are forced to spawn in.. and you guys could add some fancy introduction for 1v1 that's about to happen. So they start.. in this mode each player has 150 hp instead of 100, and they both fight to the death.. while everyone else spectates.

A timer could be optional for the [ lagger who could somehow mess everything up]...

When a person loses they're put in the back of the line.. and the person who won the match stays in while the next person auto spawns in, and a 3 second count down happens before they fight..

the catch is the player who won Doesn't get any extra health.. so this mode promotes "carefull/skill gameplay" and actually gives a NEW PLAYER the ability to BEAT a pro player because of lowered health from previous fights.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jinx, dont steal subs thread.

More stamina will mean less beam damage. It prevernts people from doing 20 teleports within a few seconds (the actual teleport delay was totaly removed BTW). Stamina was an idea for advanced melee and will allso be used for things like jumping (stamina drain instead of KI drain)
the reason beamspam is such a problem is because you (not specifically) took away our most effective way of dodging it. in other words, the teleport delay. now that youve taken it out, mass teleporting away from a beam means that you have to stick on the ground for 10 seconds and wait for your stamina gauge to rise again.

I do disagree with the turbo = swoop mode. I want to swoop without having to turn on turbo and id some times like to fly round with turbo on. Turbo + swoop takes out another factor of KI controll. You can either turn on turbo for a bigger PL and ki drain while you fight or try to preserve KI with staying at a lower PL. My opinion on swoop is this.

Doubletap the first time and then singletap to change directions, a button you press to go into turbo mode. Press the button and a direction to start swoop (this can be set to RBM for simple melee)
personally i think sub has the right idea on this. maybe not turbo, at least, but holding a button to swoop. what i like about subs idea, though, is that you can have all your fingers free while you swoop AND not have to worry about the annoying lag that only seems to happen when you double tap.

i know that it sounds awkward or seems to take away some part of the game. but dont look at it as a ki control or pl booster (after all, thats what the turbo charge is supposed to do). turbo doesnt really make that much difference in it. BUT if you really want to idly fly around you can make it so that turbo only activates swoop mode while melee is selected.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think anyone actually liked this idea, but I'll repost it anyway:

I think there should be a way to transition from swoop to dash without having to stop. This could be accomplished...by having one swoop. Want to dash? Tap a single easy to reach button and perform a regular swoop. Bam. You're dashing. Want to transition from dash to swoop without having to stop? Tap that easy to reach button. Want to dash again? Tap that button again, while maintaining your swoop. Obviously, if you let go of the direction your traveling towards, it ends the entire thing.

But you'd be able to travel indefinitely!

Yes, yes you would. The length of your swoop/dash would be solely dependent on your ki. As it should be.
I don't think people like the idea of holding down a button and tapping a second to activate or deactivate dash, but I think it'd make for a good on-the-fly switch-up during a fight.

As for the turbo pl thing, it'd be the same as it was in EEA.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yes, yes you would. The length of your swoop/dash would be solely dependent on your ki. As it should be.
Would perfectly fit in my idea =]

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made a video of one of the changes you can do to the camera. It basically makes angle hits easier to do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4abdSFZYFI"]YouTube - ESF Camera[/ame]

The quality isn't the best, but I think it gets the point across. I'm not sure how big of a problem this is, but I do feel that the playing field should be more level, and that the default camera view should be improved.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That "Witcher"-style camera angle is pretty awesome. That should be the default view.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I can see a lot of people not liking that. I just want something further out as the default view, and I want all the cam offset commands to be disabled so that no one can be playing with a camera view which makes the game easier for them. Standardization, you know.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care so much about cam_idealdist. I would rather we force everyone to use one camera view, but it's not that big of a deal and I sincerely doubt that it'll be gone from 1.3. I do care about messing with the camera angles, though. All of the commands which mess with the camera angle should be removed in my opinion

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
the guy nº1 from here , his nick name is Sephiroth...he plays this game since like 4 years everyday on lan or something.... and everytime u go hit him he does anglehit , or teleports always to my side ... its like a cheat ( aimbot or something )... i can do angle hit but that guy is too weird ... i started to use cam_idealdist 200+ and offset a bit to improve accuracy ... ive been training teleport since like 1 month everyday and i can teleport to the guy and hit him easy but this guy does this everytime...

i ask that guy...he says ... i play with normal confg of the game... so he plays with cam_idealdist 40 and no xoffset or something.... and when u go hit him or teleport behind him he sees u so fast ?? i dont know if he uses cheat or osmething....too strange... ive tried to play with cam on 40 for like a guy playing everyday but isnt the same as cam 200+ .. gives u a lot more accuracy but less view ...
u cant look behind that well ,and u need to be always looking around to find out wheres the guy..

i wish i could tape a video of him for u guys

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're worrying that he's using camera commands to give himself an advantage? Wouldn't the world be a better place if you didn't have to worry, and there was one, default (Greatly improved, mind you) camera view for all? I think so.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
i agree with the Spec thing u said before.. would be awsome to see like the other guy sees the game

Best answers
He isn't complaining about being able to zoom out. I don't care if you want to play the game from 4 miles away. It's when you start screwing with the angles to give you a far better view of the battlefield while making it significantly easier to hit people, without even really trying, that it gets to be too much. Keep zooming in and out, disable everything else.
If you play with sv_cheats 0, cheat commands such as fov should no longer work. If they do, please report as bug.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean we're not supposed to be able to zoom out farther than what holding down K allows us to or you're not supposed to be able to do what Sub showed in the second half of this vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4abdSFZYFI"]YouTube - ESF Camera[/ame]

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
jinx suggested a camera like that a couple of months ago and I still like the idea.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with that camera angle is it makes getting sidehits/anglehits significantly easier, thus scaring away all new players. If you think you're good with your regular setup, you're even better with this camera setting. That's why Jinx is pretty much the only person who uses his angle. He simply doesn't care. For everyone else, the more people around the better. Other problems arise when only one person is using this camera angle and no one else does, because now he has an advantage over you that isn't related to his skill level.

Which is why either everyone should use it, or no one should be able to use it, in my opinion.

Best answers
Just messed around with it for a bit, seems you can still adjust the fov with default_fov, even if cheats are off. The fov command was broken, fixed that. I guess I'll get rid of default_fov. Maybe add some reasonable limits to the camera offsets and zoom too.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Just messed around with it for a bit, seems you can still adjust the fov with default_fov, even if cheats are off. The fov command was broken, fixed that. I guess I'll get rid of default_fov. Maybe add some reasonable limits to the camera offsets and zoom too.
HOLD YOUR HORSES Harsens.. I NEED THAT FOR VIDS =[ save it for cheats!!

@ at zeo..

i dont use those views.. my prefered view is Default_fov 110 cam_idealdist 200 cam_zoffset 8..

my angles own cuz im good at it..

------------------------------------

Also before turning away from default fov, take a closer look at what its capable of.. ever tried the setting.. Default_Fov 10?? it makes the map look monsterously HUGE...

seriously I think you should scaledown all player models and swoop speeds/angles in balanced way so that maps look much bigger while the gameplay feels the same.

--------------------------------------

As for the camera view.. I'm all for 1 "locked" camera view.. as long as the view is "dynamic".. as in .. it changes depending on your situation.. this will make look fluid and possibly murge the player into the game more..

Hints*
Screen rumbles: the feeling stronger impacts

auto-"CAMERA" lockon(NOT MOUSE)

This could be added for whatever new melee is in the works, Instead of having "just some red box".. the red box could stay along with a CAMERA LOCKON.. this would competely evolve esf in my opinion.. with this new camera lockon a player far away will be auto locking on a player but as the player moves closer to his/her target.. the mouse is given more room to move...

etc etc think think~~!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom