[SPOILERS!] Revenge of the Sith

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i watched an interview of all the major characters, and Mark Hammel said that in the origionals, george was adamant about lightsabers weighing like, the same amount as a broad sword, so lightning fast moves and flips werent really meant to be that common. but he said his impression is that luke was never trained with a saber, so he was bound to be "sloppy" in comparrison to obi-wan and vader. who were both, VERY old (in comparison). so they are hardly gonna flip round n stuff.

but then why does yoda? i think its cos hes a little green ball of hurt, and he is just plain awsome. i loved him ever since TESB, and the way he was just this cookey little insane dude, was just great XD made me laugh SO much!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well, if you notice, the original star wars trilogy was focused on the ship battles, that's where the effects of the time were like "wtf pwn"
O:

Best answers
You definatly can't deny the fact that the ending was rushed. But I think Lucas was looking at LOTR when he did this. Now, I loved LOTR, and love everything LOTR, but the one hour ending was not necessary. I think Lucas was trying to stear clear of a long drawn out ending, but was way more cautious than he should have been.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was probably going on the fact that the original trilogy was following Ep3, so everyone knew what was going to happen in the ending anyway, or they cut it in editing. Fair enough that we knew Luke and Leia were adopted by seperate foster parents and about the creation of the Death Star (dur), but there are other things he could've put. Like Jar Jar falling off a cruiser to his doom as a joke/pleasing for the hardcore fans, or some big final revalation.

Considering it was the ending to the most famous and epic film series ever, Lucas could've put in a bit more effort.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing I wish Lucas wouldve changed/added is I wish he woulda explained how Han Solo met Chewy and how he "won" the Falcon...
Left it kinda open

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
At best Star wars is POO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess ure entitled to ure opinion, but im sure a lot of people would disagree.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Smeg said:
At best Star wars is POO
Try to stay away from posts like that, it’s cool that you have an opinion and all, but at least indulge us a little more next time. :rolleyes:

I’m going to actually rent the originals to get a better frame of reference on these movies. I wasn't really impressed with episode 3 as it is. The more I think about it, the more mediocre the movie becomes. As matter of fact I'm going to agree with whoever else said episode 2 was better. It's not a bad movie overall, but there were so many little things that annoyed me. Anakin was supposed to be "wise" or at least that's what everyone else was saying, but he falls into the dark side so easily, it could have just been the acting, but I didn't like it. The fact that Anakin even survives after having three limbs cut off and covered in hot magma really got me... I know that sabers instantly cauterize the wound, but still, it hard to believe he could survive that. As everyone else, I hated the Vader scream, and a bunch of other things. It all just seemed so pre-teen drama to me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Fighting on the crumbling balcony, lava is spouting and gouting upwards around them. Despite this coupled with the intense combat, neither fighter break a sweat.
-Skimming the surface of the lava on those metal hover platforms, their cloth garments don't combust, despite the air temperature.
-A legless Anakin's stumps combust a good meter away from the lava, minutes later, Sidious strolls up to the same point, cloak dragging along the floor, and there's not even a spark.
I hate it when people pull this stuff. No one ever brings up the completely wrong physics of Aragorn dueling that cave troll in the last battle in Return of the King. It's a movie, man--we have to suspend our disbelief.

This duel was obviously going for balls-out coolness. If we watched Star Wars because we wanted accurate representations of physics and temperature in a given scene, I'd be watching the Discovery Channel.

Phatslugga said:
The fact that Anakin even survives after having three limbs cut off and covered in hot magma really got me... I know that sabers instantly cauterize the wound, but still, it hard to believe he could survive that. As everyone else, I hated the Vader scream, and a bunch of other things. It all just seemed so pre-teen drama to me.
Well, I believe that Anakin was able to survive that horrible would-be demise by his newfound power in the dark side.

My bottom line here is sure the movie has faults, but I am 99% certain that Lucas himself is responsible for it all, as he has proven to be only semi-competent in a lot of instances in the past. You can see my previous post in this thread on page 3 or 2 that explains some of his shoddy filmmaking practices.

Smeg said:
At best Star wars is POO
This is just counterproductive. Please try and keep stuff like this constructive. There are better ways to say you didn't like the movie.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Can't really be constructive unless your talking to lucas himself...people have their own opinions..

I don't really look for "realism" in a movie.

It's freaking star wars, and people are looking for realism? Here's why palpatine didn't ignite and anakin didn't die, Magic.

Fairy Dust.

Indeed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
I think Greivous was cool, there just wasn't enough character development on him... The organic heart? The coughing? LIGHTSABERS FROM DEAD JEDI?!?!?!
I'm not sure exactly, since my brother is the hardcore star wars nut, so i'm just pulling this from memory. But I think General Grevious used to be fully organic, or something like that. Either way, i'm pretty sure he has a heart, a brain, and I think a nervous system. But again, don't 100% take my word on that, I could be wrong.

Also, if you watched the Clone Wars cartoon, in either the last episode or the second last one, Mace Windu crushes Grevious' chest with the force, and he falls to the ground coughing. I think this is why Grevous was coughing throughout the movie. And about the sabers, Grevious did kill a good deal of Jedi, and he kept their lightsabers as trophies.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ROFL Nice comic XD
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/241489
- On topic
I didn't like the part where... there was no sound! that sucked!... ....Yeah.. I watched the movie with out sound... It.. make's you notice thing's where.. like.. you normally would go "HOLLY C*** MY EARS" and look down with you're eye's closed then cover you're ear's and not notice the stuff where lucas pee'd on..
So.. I didn't like the movie D;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fortnox said:
at best your brain is a moldy peice of cabbage, if thats what you call contributing to the discussion.
at best, that was a mild flame. please dont respond like that to peoples posts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pride said:
I hate it when people pull this stuff. No one ever brings up the completely wrong physics of Aragorn dueling that cave troll in the last battle in Return of the King. It's a movie, man--we have to suspend our disbelief.
I'll admit it was technicalities for the second and third of the three points I made, but the first one goes back to the 'bad acting'. If you went to drama school and someone said "Right, you two are going to be fighting intensely, in layers, over lava." You'd probably think "Right, I should probably look hot then."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
I'll admit it was technicalities for the second and third of the three points I made, but the first one goes back to the 'bad acting'. If you went to drama school and someone said "Right, you two are going to be fighting intensely, in layers, over lava." You'd probably think "Right, I should probably look hot then."
I wanted to agree with you, but I just saw the commercial again, and it showed Obi-Wan's now famous line "You were the chosen one!" and he was drenched in sweat.

Either way, that stuff can't kill a movie for me unless it's REALLY bad--like the scifi channel movie effects (case in point: "Darklight," "Python," etc). I can't really find a bone of contention with this because it exists in every movie with special effects and their such minor oversights. I mean, I really can't imagine sitting in that theater watching that insane swordfight and my buddy turning to my other friend and being like, "Dude...TOTALLY lame...they aren't even sweating."

I also fail to see once again how we can fault the actors. We know what Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen are capable of, but even besides that point--how exactly does an actor go about acting "hot" ? The way I see it that is an oversight of the director's. The way that clown runs things they probably didn't even know they were fighting on lava until three weeks into shooting the swordplay.

I mean, in Terminator 3, it was still awesome to see Kristanna Loken (DRRRROOOOOOOOLLLLL) get her head bashed in by a flying urinal despite the fact that her nor the Governator were actually wet in that scene.

Also, to make the point...If I were to do this with the original three movies I could deconstruct them until they were complete pieces of worthless garbage.

Honestly it's all gravy to me either way. Star Wars is Star Wars and that's cool with me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drenched...

(from the promo trailer)

Could be the low quality, but I think regardless 'drenched' is an overstatement. I'm not going to start an argument, but the only reason I was looking elsewhere during the final lightsaber battle was because 90% of the movie was lightsaber battles. In the original trilogy the lightsaber duels were few and far between, making them all the more special, even though by todays (Ep2+3) standards they look tame.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that review was wrong on so many levels.... to think i actually liked some of his other reviews, this one makes me realise that he only looks on the surface without the foreward thinking and common sense/knowledge to back it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, come on guys. You should know Maddox insults anything. So don't act like he shot your cat and ate your puppy, Jesus.

Best answers
Maddox hates everything, I wasn't the least bit suprised he made posted about it. ****, even if he actually liked it, he still would of ripped on it, this guy lives off of his hate mail, he loves it. He hated LOTR too.

But all-in-all, I'm way too much of a Star Wars fan to not like it. I even liked I and II, not as much as the trilogy of course, but I didn't think they were absolute wreaking piles of dog-**** like everyone else seemed to think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom