[SPOILERS!] Revenge of the Sith

Best answers
I thought the movie was great. although some parts were -lame- like when anikin was force choking padme and he looked up and obi wan was just watching him with his arms by his side.
<|>
/ \

and they tryed to hard to make yoda funny, he is more of a wise character, not humerous.

I think this would have made the movie better
SPOILER /
when anikin and kenobi had there fight at the end, if anikin had pulled out a red lightsaber that would have mad a nice addition.

but i am definatly seeing it again...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That would've made Luke's saber in A New Hope red XD

Anyway, I actually got goosebumps for about 3/4 of the movie; Personally, I liked Christensen's acting, might be my imagination but seeing him in Episode 3 made him really look like he's struggling between the Dark and Light side. But that could be me. Some stuff that gave me goosebumps were the sound Obi-Wan's uh..."ride" made, that was awesome. I loved how Anakin beat down Dooku like there was no tomorrow (revenge for his hand, muhaha o/), I loved Ewan McGregor's acting, I think it's an awesome prequel to his behaviour in A New Hope and it explains a lot about their characters.

Some stuff I read here, I want to give my views on it;

Pain said:
One thing I didn't understand. Yoda failed, so he's like "Oh well I guess I'll go hide for no reason". They didn't really explain that too well, or maybe I just missed it.
I don't know, I reckon the Light side Jedi are honorable fighters, in my opinion, I think Yoda went into hiding because of a sense of honour; he wasn't able to defeat Palpatine and save the Jedi. Again, just my point of view.

Wolf Devil said:
I was saddened by the fact that Ewan McGregor didn't pull off a good Obi-wan this time.... In AoTC, Obi-Wan MADE that movie for me... he was pretty much the best thing in that one, but he just wasn't up to snuff in this movie.
Ewan McGregor pulled off a great Obi-Wan IMO. The third episode shows how his trust in Anakin is finally betrayed; from seeing the hologram to his speech at the end. That speech made my neckhair stand up straight, I loved every piece of it. Episode 3 also shows how Obi-Wan grows even more confident in his abilities; him facing Grievous was awesome, from casually crushing 4 droids to him fending off the Droid Leader with 4 lightsabers at once. Obi-Wan rocks.

Wolf Devil said:
... I can't believe Kit Fisto was cut down so easily by Palpatine...
Oh c'mon, Fisto is not even a Master Jedi; Palpatine is the Dark Lord of the Sith. He was destined to be sliced up like he was.

Wow, my longest post ever here. :) Feel free to comment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
joiN said:
and they tryed to hard to make yoda funny, he is more of a wise character, not humerous.

you didnt see, The Empire Strikes Back then? Yoda was hilarious!

Best answers
Sorry, X, but Fisto was a Jedi master, and one of THE MOST formidable duelists on the council, for that matter...

Best answers
I read somewhere that Palpatines style is so erratic and ever-changing that no one can really prepare for a duel with him. I account their quick deaths to the fact that Palpatine dove in there, and went after them immediatley, giving them no time to grasp the nature of his style. Perhaps those seconds it took to kill them was all Windu needed to get himself ready for the hardest duel of his life.

And although he won (in a way), personally, I feel Windu only lived beacuse Palpatine needed Anakin to kill him.

Also, you've got to understand, even Yoda couldn't beat him, and he was the greatest with a lightsabre, on that Council. And while I'm on the subject of Yoda, the reason he went into hiding was because he knew that with their limited resources, Sanator Organa, Obi-Wan and himself were no match for the newly established Galactic Empire. They needed to bide their time until the moment was right.

That's why I love the look of surprise on Kenobi's face in A New Hope, when he hears the name Obi-Wan for the first time in 18 years- it's because he now realises that the time's come for the Rebellion to really kick off. Completley coincidental, but still, it adds to the tying in of events, even if it is accidental. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Sorry, X, but Fisto was a Jedi master, and one of THE MOST formidable duelists on the council, for that matter...
Oh I thought he wasn't a Master...my mistake. Fact still remains he DID go up against the Dark Lord of the Sith so...yeah.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god, i fell in love with this move in the first 5 mins. It tied up nearly all the loose ends, very nicely too, great duels too, great mind games with Anakin, i dont know what there is not to like... except that "noes!!!!" when Vader arises -_- that killed the mood for a second for me. However, although at times the acting wasnt exactly top class, it actually reminded me of the fun of a star wars movie, which the previous 2 prequels didnt do so well. I especially liked Anakin's demise... very nicely done imo.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yoda goes into exile because the entire universe is trying to eradicate the Jedi, not because he feels some kind of dishonor. Is he just supposed to keep running back into that room and trying again? Security everywhere was freaking out, and I'm sure Yoda didn't have any intentions of killing hundreds of innocent republic soldiers.

I have this wierd feeling Lucas is going to try to make an episode seven. I say that because technically he could pull it off. All the original characters have aged a lot in real life, and he could use them in a sequel rather than a prequel. Really, he may just stop here with Star Wars and focus on games or books, but I really have to doubt that judging by the success of the last three movies (whether they were good or bad).

Best answers
I'm still a little confused about Darth Sidious. How could the Lord of the Sith get his ass whooped by a Jedi Master, Windu? Not even Yoda could take the guy down... someone clear this up for me!

And i definetly agree that Kit Fisto should of lasted a LOT longer in his fight with Sidious. Kit Fisto is the man!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, since no one knows who is the most powerful jedi in a duel (its never been recorded that yoda and windu have dueled). its pretty plausable that it could happen. duels are as much about chance as they are about skill.

that, and the dark lord of the sith aint got **** on Samual L. Jackson hehe

and if you notice, the sidious didnt exactly beat yoda either, yoda was giving just as good as he was taking. just that he didnt manage to hang onto that ledge. if he had, im confident the fight could have gone either way.

Best answers
Tien said:
I'm still a little confused about Darth Sidious. How could the Lord of the Sith get his ass whooped by a Jedi Master, Windu? Not even Yoda could take the guy down... someone clear this up for me!
Well, aside from the fact Windu has earned his place on the Council just like Yoda (I mean, come on, he's still a Goddamn Jedi Master), like I said, Palpatine was keeping him alive so he could have Anakin kill him. He knew Anakin would turn up in time, and he knew Anakin would make the 'right' decision. I'm confident he'd have gotten out of it if Anakin hadn't, anyway. Probably use some kind of 'Force Heart Attack' on Windu. :p

Best answers
So I finally saw it, and coming from the point of view of a guy who was a young child when the first trilogy came out (at least the second two) I have to say it was very well done, albeit bittersweet.

I don't really see where everyone gets off knocking on all of the acting, granted the love scenes weren't that good, but they never have been in any of the star wars series, even the first trilogy. I believed that the acting was where it needed to be, not too spectacular, but enough to instill emotions in us, I know I came to tears multiple times due to emotional conflict that came from recognition of what the characters were feeling.

Special effects were well done, the light saber battles did have some bad camera angles, especially the beginning fights, but not once did I speculate between what was computer animated and what was really filmed, which I think is quite an accomplishment. If you think about it, the lightsaber duels seen in this movie were unlike any shown in the first trilogy, there is a much higher level of skill with a light saber with those who fight in these movies as compared to Luke/Darth battles. Because of that, there is a lot more action, so it may be dizzying to some, but that's the way it should be. These saber duels are battles between highly skilled Jedi, whose senses are far beyond those of a normal person, so they will be dizzyingly fast and twirly.

Now to the discussions dealing with story and whatnot.

Why did Yoda and Obi Wan go into hiding even though there were remaining Jedi? Because the whole Republic/Empire had been turned against them by Palpatine. When you become an enemy of the state, you aren't exactly recognized as a hero anymore. Many of the people of the Republic/Empire were in fact more prone to the dark side, and would happily dispatch Yoda had they a chance.

Windu was supposedly the best with a lightsaber according to previous movies, so did he actually have a chance at defeating Palpatine even if Palpatine were going all out (I'm not so sure he wasn't in the first place)? I'd say it would be a close battle, however Palpatine's knowledge of the force might make him the victor anyways.

I felt like my heart was being wrenched free when order 66 came and all of the Jedi were betrayed. I felt like Lucas did a great job of displaying the pain of betrayal in those scenes, poor hottie Jedi.

I also felt a little ripped off when Windu went to arrest Palpatine and he discarded with the accompanying Jedi with ease, as I was looking forward to Palpatine taking on at least 3 Jedi at one time. But if you think about it, they were in an extremely encolsed area, that would make fighting difficult, especially if you were worried about making contact with allies, something Palpatine did not have to worry about.

One thing the movie did make me think about was the philosophies that are dealt with within the force. How easy it was for Anakin to turn to the dark side if, for nothing else, love, something that we look upon as beautiful and good.

Overall I think that this movie was kickass. Definitely up there in quality with the first trilogy, but then again, I love all of the movies, as they all have their place in the overarching story (yes even Episode I has its place).

Oh and the funniest part of the movie - Yoda walking into Palpatine's little office and owning the guards with a flick of his wrist.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
It was a great movie, just saw it 2 days ago, I wish the General Greivous fight would've lasted longer. >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
It was a great movie, just saw it 2 days ago, I wish the General Greivous fight would've lasted longer. >_<
Yea, General Grievous was pretty awesome ;). I loved the movie. He had an awesome evil voice sound.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he shouldnt have lasted long, in the clone wars series Mace Windu force crushes his chest hehe.

i just finnished playing through the game (it only took 3 hours) and there were some cool scenes that werent in the movie.

im looking forward to the dvd release, theyve already confirmed that they are gonna be editing back in a lot of scenes, so hopefully we might see a different death of mace windu (like the one in the game...). hopefully....

and now, we have to wait for the 5 episode mini series that is gonna fill out between this movie and ep IV.

Best answers
well the sad thing to me was the very thing he tried to stop
Spoiler!! HIGHLIGHT TO READ! Anakin has a dream that his wife Padame dies duirng child birth but the end the dark side consumed him so that when she tried to stop him she did'nt know Obi-Wan snuck on the ship, so Anakin (using his force power), began to choke her for about 10-15 sec *sob*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude this movie blew. i waisted $6.25 on something that i thought would be half decent. movie let me down hardocre.

half the jedis went out like pussies, grevious was a joke. he had so much potential and then obi just started slicing off his hands. i think alot of people are just saying it was good because they are expected to. the ending had to be the worst part, no emotion what so ever. i mean good god it seemed like the didnt even try.

and to clear up a few things windu was supposed to be the best with a sword of all the jedi, yoda is just the most powerful overall

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
dude this movie blew. i waisted $6.25 on something that i thought would be half decent. movie let me down hardocre.

half the jedis went out like pussies, grevious was a joke. he had so much potential and then obi just started slicing off his hands. i think alot of people are just saying it was good because they are expected to. the ending had to be the worst part, no emotion what so ever. i mean good god it seemed like the didnt even try.

and to clear up a few things windu was supposed to be the best with a sword of all the jedi, yoda is just the most powerful overall

i know what you mean with the jedi, they should have all died hardcore (the council at least). and windu is awsome with a saber, but then again, his style is based heavily upon darkside studies, so its quite aggressive, and shifting.

i think they confirmed the dvd release will have some changes though, so maybe we will get some nice surprises?

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Pain said:
Thread title says spoilers so I'm not going to bother altering text and whatnot.

I rather liked it. You can see how Anikan was twisted by the dark side, it's pretty interesting what you may be capable of when trying to save someone you love. Ironicly, he was the cause of her death.

Downsides :
JarJar is still alive. WTF?!

Horrible, horrible acting. I could put up with the actor playing Anikans monotone voice and wrong pitches, but I'm sorry, the thing at the end where Darth Vader climbs off the table like a 70's robot and says the uber cliche "Noooo!!" like he doesn't actually give a **** was just horrible and should have never been allowed into a final cut.

One thing I didn't understand. Yoda failed, so he's like "Oh well I guess I'll go hide for no reason". They didn't really explain that too well, or maybe I just missed it.
I felt exactly the same way.

Acting was horrible IMO, also there wasn't any depth into it >.>

By the way, did you guys noticed when General Grievus smashes the window and escapes from the space ship, the next scene the window is back o_O.
VivaLaPineapple said:

Quoted for truth.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i think they confirmed the dvd release will have some changes though, so maybe we will get some nice surprises?
If you play the game, it is loaded with concept art, a lot of which is labeled with the background info about it. Many of the game's scenes are shown in this concept art and the info says that they are based on scenes cut from the film (Mace Windu was apparently supposed to have this sick-ass duel), or concepts not used in the film (certain types of clone troopers/droids, etc). Apparently Lucas thought some of the craptacular love scenes were more vital then Samuel L. whipping some ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom