[SPOILERS!] Revenge of the Sith

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thread title says spoilers so I'm not going to bother altering text and whatnot.

I rather liked it. You can see how Anikan was twisted by the dark side, it's pretty interesting what you may be capable of when trying to save someone you love. Ironicly, he was the cause of her death.

Downsides :
JarJar is still alive. WTF?!

Horrible, horrible acting. I could put up with the actor playing Anikans monotone voice and wrong pitches, but I'm sorry, the thing at the end where Darth Vader climbs off the table like a 70's robot and says the uber cliche "Noooo!!" like he doesn't actually give a **** was just horrible and should have never been allowed into a final cut.

One thing I didn't understand. Yoda failed, so he's like "Oh well I guess I'll go hide for no reason". They didn't really explain that too well, or maybe I just missed it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
Thread title says spoilers so I'm not going to bother altering text and whatnot.

I rather liked it. You can see how Anikan was twisted by the dark side, it's pretty interesting what you may be capable of when trying to save someone you love. Ironicly, he was the cause of her death.

Downsides :
JarJar is still alive. WTF?!

Horrible, horrible acting. I could put up with the actor playing Anikans monotone voice and wrong pitches, but I'm sorry, the thing at the end where Darth Vader climbs off the table like a 70's robot (he is a 70's robot) and says the uber cliche "Noooo!!" like he doesn't actually give a **** was just horrible and should have never been allowed into a final cut.

One thing I didn't understand. Yoda failed, so he's like "Oh well I guess I'll go hide for no reason". They didn't really explain that too well, or maybe I just missed it.
This is just my take on it, but...

As for the Vader thing, what would you do if you had sacrificed everything for nothing? "Yeeeeees!"? It be a little stiff too if I had just had my legs and arm replaced and was covered in 3rd degree burns. Exactly what kind of acting were you expecting? We havent seen good acting in a Star Wars film since the 80's.

I think Yoda ran off to live in a swamp because he thought he would never have another shot at Sidious. He probably wasnt thinking clearly after that fall either.

I was looking forward to that scene at the end of the credits where Jar Jar gets pulled apart by those little buzzer droids, but Lucas must be saving it for the special features of the DVD.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Spoilers)
I say the movie was good, and I say it was better than the prior two, and even that the acting was better than the last ones, but it still wasn't the great movie I'd hoped for. I think it was just all of the little things that made me want to set myself on fire and end the movie that brought it down... not the larger picture. The first time I heard Obiwan use the word "younglings" instead of "children" I had a "wtf" moment that stunted the mood. Towards the start when Anakin and Padme are being ridiculously over-cheesy with bad acting trying to be horribly romantic, I wanted a ship to crash into them... when vadar did his cheesy climactic "Nooo" scream I laughed out loud, crushing the mood I was supposed to be consumed in. When Anakin went from turning in the emperor to becomming his apprentice in less than twelve hours I shook my head and wondered whether they cut out scenes that would have made the transition less ridiculous.

The light saber battles were spinny as hell (twirly time for light sabers apparently), camera angles were too close (felt like I was having spinny seisures from the lights being right in my face), and the choreography consisted mainly of twirling their sabers at various speeds and occasionally kicking the other guy. The "space fighting" was uneventful as ever, lucas made sure there were 10,000 3d things going on in every scene, and the movie wrap-up was about 10 minutes long when it should have been 20 or 30. Long movie, empty acting, good ideas but could have been executed better. That's what I think.

Best answers
The whole thing with Vader was weird. But think of it this way; how else could you have made an enraged Vader not look like a turd? You really can't in that situation, I can't see him doing anything else that would come out differently.

Best answers
Yeah, i laughed when i heard vaders "Nooooooooooooo!" too. Maybe a Vader "UUUUUUUUUAAAAARGH!" would of been better. I also thought the General Grevious + 4 lightsabers spinning madly was a bit much lol.
The ending seemed to happen pretty sudden....It's strange to see a couple of nobody actors standing at the very end, even if you know they are to be Luke's aged parents you see in Episode IV. Maybe that's just me.

But i did love all the fight/action scenes, and it was shocking yet cool to see Palpatine's Transition & Anakins "Death".
Overall I think Episode 3 was more good than bad, and connects to the next film well. I agree Tassadar, Makes you wanna watch the Original trilogy after.

Best answers
During the first little section of the movie where they were rescuing palpy from dooku i was worried that i wasnt that excited. But after that part was over i was so engrosed with the awesomeness and by the time random jedi padowan saved Bail Organa from the clones i was like omg freakin awesome. And yoda was full of ass kicking goodness. And there was plenty of humor, for instance, laughing at those stupid facial expressions palpy makes wen fighting mace. When he falls if the platforms fighting yoda and is still laughing wen he's hanging there.

Best answers
I saw it last night, and... I liked it. A lot. Even with all it's failings...

I have to say I was impressed by Hayden Christenson's acting improving a little bit.. It was definately better than AoTC.

Padme and the love scenes WERE a bit lame, save for when Anakin almost killed her, and it got a little better when she was having the babies, but not much.

I think Ian McDiarmand made a decent Palpatine, overall. Yeah, there were the cheesey, gross facial expressions, but Palpatine has ALWAYS been like that... Seriously.

The Lightsabering was decent this go'round... Although not the same climactic, intense action that was in TPM, or the slow, dramatic, taunt-type fights of ESB or RoTJ, but it wasn't bad

I was saddened by the fact that Ewan McGregor didn't pull off a good Obi-wan this time.... In AoTC, Obi-Wan MADE that movie for me... he was pretty much the best thing in that one, but he just wasn't up to snuff in this movie.

At the end of the movie, I was most definately heartbroken. Not so much by the movie itself, but by the conclusion of the Star Wars saga in itself.

I think the movie was decent overall, and I'll certainly make it my duty to watch all 6 movies in one night, on some weekend in the near future......

Atleast by doing that, I can PAUSE the movie when I have to pee... I HAD TO LEAVE DURING THE BEST FRIGGIN PART OF THE MOVIE!!!! (never drink 2 large cokes in the theater, unless you have the guts to pee in one of your empty cups)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
biggest upset for me, is that Leia says she knew she was adopted, and that she has memories of her real mother from when she was really young... however, i dont think she could have pre-natal memory o_O.

i think jedi like windu, ki-adi-mundi, and plo koon should have died a bit more hardcore though... i understand the point that was being made, but mace should have at least been killed by anakin in a proper duel, and the others... well, i dont like that they were just shot in the back >_<.

other than that it was great :D

oh, and random jedi kid > clone troopers XD exellent **** right there!

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
I think Ian McDiarmand made a decent Palpatine, overall. Yeah, there were the cheesey, gross facial expressions, but Palpatine has ALWAYS been like that... Seriously.
The neat thing about that is that he was Palpatine in Return of the Jedi, as well. However, since he was so young then, they had to apply a fair bit of make-up. Now, however, they just let time do the work for him, since he appeared old enough to play a convincing Senator/Chancellor Palpatine (that is, of course, until they mutated his face to make him appear more evil and more like the Palpatine we know from RotJ).

And I agree. The facial expressions were needed - he's a Sith lord "mutated" by the "dark side". There had to be some sort of quirkiness to his behaviour.

Lastly, I'm going to have to agree that the love scenes were...well, too tacky.

However, I think that the movie did, overall, do what it set out to do. It bridged the first two movies to the last three. Although I wish Anakin's transition to the Dark Side was a bit more gradual, I do understand that it would have been harder to fit it in a 2-hour movie.

Best answers
It should have been 3 - 4 hours, if you ask me... Although I would've had to have peed atleast that many more times in the process >_<

I agree that the deaths in the movie were far too easy... I can't believe Kit Fisto was cut down so easily by Palpatine... And I expected some more, honest-to-god, straight up kick ass jedi battles, but it didn't happen, which dissapointed.

I expected it to be atleast twice as dramatic as it was... But I was really diggin' how "Chancellor" Palpatine was like a pleased ruler who was too stupid to understand the Jedi, and seemingly said "Well done, Anakin! Now kill him" as if he were any other non force-sensitive jackass.

Best answers
I thought it was great. I enjoyed it, from start to finish. Especially the little bits that link forward to the Original Trilogy, like the Twin Suns setting, or Obi Wan grabbing Anakin's saber just as he leaves, to give to Luke in A New Hope. Sure, I can say there were parts that took away from the film, such as the love scenes, or Vader's little cliche at the end, but I'd never say they made it a bad film.

However, I'd never call it the best film ever. Getting a bit carried away there, fortnox. :p

Best answers
They should have made it that when vader/anakin finds out that he killed padme he should have gotten mad saying it was a lie and lik started choking sideous with force choke than sideous is like its true than he finally lets go. that would've been nice :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still confused by one thing though. In the original trilogy didn't Obi-Wan say that Vader killed off most of the Jedi Council? Because Anakin murdered a bunch of little kids, and that's about it. Though I haven't seen the original 3 in a while, so maybe Obi-Wan didn't say that, but I swear he did. Because I was stoked for Vader to go murder jedi (or evil Anakin I guess, since I knew vader would do nothing, but I could still hope he would).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama if you want a ****ty film with all action, and no story, go watch James Bond or XXX

Hash, Anakin killed the jedi council, he killed kids, but that was mentioned due to the fact that killing kids isnt exactly a humane act.

Best answers
It turns out random *teenage* padowan is supposed to be 10 years old and it's George Lucas' son and he has an action figure. When that part came on i was like i wish i could've played that part as i live like 20 minutes away from where they filmed it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
Hash, Anakin killed the jedi council
Then why didn't it actualy show him kill any of them then?

Best answers
Yeah, Obi Wan did say that in Episode IV. But, there were a few surviving Jedi, because Vader had to hunt the jedi down throughout the galaxy. They only showed the Jedi Council being betrayed by the Clone Troopers, they didn't show every single jedi get killed.
Not to mention Lucas will show Vader hunting the rest of the Jedi down and his Empire building in the new live action SW series that'll be starting in the near future (years).

Me and my friend were also talking about Anakin's father. Darth Sidious talked to Anakin about Darth Plageus, the Sith that became so atuned to the force he could create life and save it. Mentioned throughout the prequels Anakin was sometimes referred to as a child of the Force. And, his mother, when asked by Qui-Gon where his father is, she says 'He doesn't have one.'

Pre-prequels anyone? Too bad Lucas is done with SW movies, so much branching can be done in this huge universe.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't see Anakin kill the council because George Lucas doesn't have enough money. Episode 3's video game is going to have all the parts of the story they didn't show in the movie, including Anakin killing off the council, his lightsaber battle with Windu, and a whole bunch of other miscelanious story stuff that they chose not to cover in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom