[POTW]4 v 4 Generic Beam struggle

Best answers
nice pic. there. love the aura and stuff! :D and yeah there should be smthng like sparkles coming there in beam struggle.. it would make it look damn cool ya know ;)

Best answers
Even better, perhaps for a beam vs beam struggle a large ball is creat with all of the beam trails feeding into it? Would make it look alot more clean, and cool! Just like when Vegeta first came to Earth and Goku had a power struggle with him. The effects there were awesome, and i think may be doable!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
I was on the other side (far side of the pic). Quite an explosion it was.

The new system works great. Hope I'm allowed to say that o_o
why wouldnt you? you can see it has multi power struggles, so we already know that, offcourse you can say if it works good. Your probably just not allowed to say un-announced stuff thats in the game :p

and yeah, i think that must have given a hell of an explosion, when 2 people ps with generic beams for like 2 minutes, you get a massive explosion, imagine what happens when 8 people ps :p nice picture!

Ky

Best answers
That PS its good but i like the DBZ Series PS,you know 2 Beams Head to Head and then Creating a big energy ball,well i kind of fixed the PS Pic a bit and it would be so freaking sweet if thay put this type PS on the new 1.3 Version Hope ya like it. :rolleyes:

Best answers
well thats how it is...
i image it like when gohan and cell pses because the whole episode is a ps..

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something like that might be possible. I suppose one of us could ask the team about it. I'm the only one without the aura on there :p And yeah that was uh, messy at the end. Explody goodness. Couldn't quite tell how big since I got smoked. But after seeing the pic it was pretty big for a generic beam struggle. Even smith got killed from the blast :p As for complaints about how straight the beams are, well, if you can make an 8 way struggle happen with a curved shot, go ahead :p The good thing is it didn't crash the game lol

*edit*

Also, if they did make it so it was 1 big blob of beam in the middle, how do you contend with all the other colors of beams in there?

-Karrde-

Best answers
Looks pretty cool beams looks pretty cool now.Just looks like some thing is missing.

Best answers
i dont like that "new" pic.! I LOVE IT! :D thats smthng that should be in 1.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
Also, if they did make it so it was 1 big blob of beam in the middle, how do you contend with all the other colors of beams in there?

-Karrde-
Well, first of all, are beamheads models or sprites? Regardless, I think the best way to implement that idea would be to just replace all the beamheads with one large multi-colored sprite or model. Even in the cases where all the beam heads are the same color it wouldn't matter. I think it's a great idea, and if anyone Joe or Harsens could figure out how to get something like that in.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All ki attacks are sprites, last I checked. But this wouldn't apply just to gen beams. The programming would have to cross over all KI attacks. I mean what'd you do if it was a multi PS of FF vs KHH. That's where the trouble would be. Personally, I think while it might look cool, it's not bad as it is now.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's fine right now as well, this would just be a cool addition. I hate using Budokai as an example, but when you had a beam struggle with any two beams, the actual struggle was this big multi-colored blob. I'm pretty sure it was the same blob for each struggle (size, colors, shape), just that it randomized through each color rather quickly so you couldn't really pick out each color. If it's possibile I think it would be a good way to handle ESF struggles, but I doubt that kind of color randomization is possible, and if it was... it might look a bit lame. :( That's all I have, it's a cool idea, but I just have no idea how the team could pull it off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The colour randomization would be good, all you'd have to do is a have a sphere sprite with an animated skin of a rainbow of colours swirling around all over it. Very possible.

Best answers
Nice idea, but what the heck is supposed to happen with that blob then??

For instance.. one team is winning.. the blob grows? Explodes, fragging both teams?
I don't get it..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could just move left and right, I think that would be the easiest way to handle it. As Frsrblch said, it'll probably look stupid.

Best answers
this is what happend at the end of the PS, that guy stuart was me

i don't know how i got the kills but i would have never done it with out the help of the rest of the evil team

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, thats freaking huge... and its just a generic beam

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You got the credits for putting the most KI into the PS. Thats how.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like KWS's words of encouragment were in vain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom