✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes yes yes, i know about the r_speed issues...its current r_speeds is 800...i dont plan on making it much bigger, and i dont plan on making it into a 4 leaf clover pattern...ill just shrink down my original plans...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't mean you have to use that shape but make like cliffs to divide the map any way you choose.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by !XxShAdOwxX!
I didn't mean you have to use that shape but make like cliffs to divide the map any way you choose.
i know what you mean exactly, but im not sure if i will do that

Best answers
When do you think youll release this baby? Looks very good so far. Keep it up!!!!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said up there a month or two :S

*EDIT*
I stand corrected :fight:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
prolly in about a few weeks... (changed my plans...) :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_T@xi
I dont think that it is that easy to create a map of this size!!!
How high do you think would the r_speeds be?
you would have to make the viewable distance very high, about 9000!
And you would have to scale the textures very much!
plus, you would not be able to put in much details, so that map would be pretty empty.
oh welll snakeway and snakeway_v2 is like 95% of max map size ... the r_speeds arent under 800 ... but still acceptable if you havent got a 500mhz comp lol
also, you only see i face of a brush if you make a map this way so they are not cutting each other often :)

Best answers
Looking real nice Opt great job on the textures. But the size of the map doesn't really matter. I had my map have view distance of 12000 just to be able to see it all.

PS Don't forget to tell me them secrets :p

Best answers
optional you make me stare at you in envy as you do a godamn mountain without a terrain generator!!!

but anyways....I like how it looks,BTW how transparent is the water??let's hope it isnt too transparent(not riverside-ish,and not namek-ish)

hope it really dont get errors,or Ill kill you....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, there will be alot of secrets that i will not share with anyone in this map :p

lol thx guys...im actually gonna add alot more cause the r_speeds are still pretty low compared to what i had expected...

the water will be transparent but you will still be able to see the texture and stuff...

i compile what i had so far and took a few screenies...ill show you guys when i convert em to jpgs and upload!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THE SKY IS TEMP!! THE WATER WILL BE LESS TRANSPARENT SOON!! THE FLAT AREA AROUND THE MAP WONT BE FLAT WHEN I GET DONE WITH IT!! THE SECOND LAKE IS SKIPPED OUT BECAUSE I MADE A DUMB MISTAKE WITH IT! I WILL BE ADDING MORE MOUNTAINS/SECRETS LATER TOO!

Best answers
in all truth, the water should be that transparent, don't make it darker, if there was that much sun and the ground in the water was that light, you would be a ble to see straight to the bottom. now, if you do a night version aswell, then yes, make the water less opaque. gj.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what about sand? dirt? crap in the water?

Best answers
ill use the -sparse parameter to get around that...it adds time to compile so i can have as many patches i need [/B]
WTF!! @$2¤"%"# Why didnt i know this? Some of my maps could gaven been way better... (sure)
However on a 3 hour compile, with only some 36000 patches.
Adding time, to lets say, uhm 86000 patches... ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzz

Itll be a while, Sure u could use test compiles without Hlrad and Hlvis. Still u might wanna do it at night, only 2 discover u made a tiny important error....:fight:

Makes u go ¤#¤#@€£{€[{@£$WTF!"#!"#KILL"#¤"$€$£€{{[£€£€~~F**kingCOMPUTER"##"#¤#":devgrin:

:)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol tazoo, there is ALWAYS a way around everything, and i mean everything...leaks included! everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom