OMG,OMG,OMG!! THE BIG THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE 1.2!!!!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"about ki management..teleport placement...swoop length...hit direction to get a combo going...and all that while moving faster than your brain can think"

I still do that, whats your point? not trying to sound insulting but thats all still in the game.

" 2 combos that EVERY character has...or learning to chain swoop...which arent very hard things to do at all"

I havent learned the combo's, i dont wanna, they're too cheap, and very easy to block, and chain swooping is still sumtimes a problem, cuz there are coutless times that i've ****ed up the double tap, still now even.

"intelectually stimulating then sitting back and pushing arrows...if i wanted to do that i would play ddr...not a game based on fighting"

ummm, its about reflexes and the directions of the attacks and how to avoid them by seeing the direction of their attack and moving accordingly, thats more like fighting that click, hold down other mouse button, bam. And anyway, advanced melee isnt the only way to fight >_<, i could list all the attacks but that'd be a waist of time, there's endless possibilities, u just gotta figure them out, like today i did a sweet move using kame torpedos, charging a few, aiming them at a guy real far away, start swooping, start sendin them towards him, 2 hit him, and by the time i got there all i had to do was simple melee which he didnt expect cuz 2 explosions just blown up in his face, thats what i call intellectually stimulating tactics. using all the attacks you can in a way that will win is the way to do it which u could never do in 1.0 or 1.1 because of the complete focus on melee. And btw, i have my own style of fighting, so do u and evry1 else, hence why tactics are used according to the opponent, in 1.1 u cud do the same thing over and over and it'd be almost impossible to stop.

Best answers
I don't know how you can say that 1.1 melee is a toned-down version of 1.0. The large difference was that instead of it being ping based, it was ki-based, which made the playing field better for those with lower connection speeds.

BTW, what happened with the 'cvar' that was supposed to allow 1.1 melee? If we had this, I'm sure all discussion on why 1.2 is good or bad would not exist. Some servers would run the 1.2 melee cvar, others would run the 1.1 melee cvar. Would be nice to keep the animations of the beam blasts and still have the 1.1 system for those that wanted it.

Natural Selection is a good example of this. They have 'combat' mode for those who want it, and regular strategy natural selection for those who prefer the old school mode. I don't see why both melee modes couldn't exist. I think the community, as a whole, would approve of this idea. Everyone could be happy.

And I really don't wanna hear the answer "go back and play 1.1 if you don't like 1.2" because it would be impossible to get enough people to go back to the old system when too many people are on the new system. I'd rather see both melee systems be on the same version so that way no one would have to uninstall and reinstall.

Best answers
see david u just proved my point...u said...that u shot kame torps at the guy then hit him with SIMPLE melee...thats what im gettin at...y even have adv melee if all u are gonna use is simple...i dont want 1.1 back by any means...i want to have the swoop options and stuff from 1.2 with the melee of 1.1...i dont know how many ppl have said in the course of this whole debate "well if u dont like adv melee just use simple melee"...if thats the case then y have adv?....the more i play the more i see ppl using simple melee because adv melee just doesnt get u anywhere

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't have to uninstall and reinstall, just rename the 1.1 folder ;P. (I believe o_O).

Well.

1.2 is pretty fun, I don't play it much, but when I do, I find it fun. I don't find it nearly as repetitive as 1.1 and I like the ability to use different styles of punches and attacks.

Throw "whores" are annoying at times, but just side hit them with simple melee until you knock some since into them >:p.

I don't know any of the "combos" because I don't play much, so I've never seen any "combo whores."

Man, lots of whores and so little money =(.

Hehe, well anywho. More positives than negatives in my opinion.

[Edit]Man, I've gotten into a big habbit of entering after each sentence o_@. And U17, why did you ban me from sl forums?[/EDIT]

Best answers
one thing that i think should make its return it 1.2 is the insta-counter from 1.0. i know lots of people thought it was cheap, but now, with adv melee, i think it wouldnt be as annoying and would be more balanced.

and what was so stimulating about swoop, smash, tele, tele tele, swoop, tele smash, tele, tele tele tele.. you get the point. there wasnt much to do once you got good at the game aside from learning combos. now, in 1.2, there are so many different options and attack stategies: you can go old school, go for heavy hits only, bombard them with arrows, throw(yeah i know, no skill...woop dee doo, have a cookie). you can melee struggle, beam, ball, whatever.

i think the problem is that a lot of people that thought they were the ownage in 1.1 now arent because the new system is too easy o_O... weird huh? i mean seriously thinking about it...it seems that people want to play something theyre good at, rather than playing a better game. but whatever, they dont worry me. they can just wallow in their sorrows of remembering their "glory days". hahahahahahhah... i laugh at them...suckas.

BRING BACK INSTA-COUNTER!!!

Best answers
Cyfore said:
...i think the problem is that a lot of people that thought they were the ownage in 1.1 now arent because the new system is too easy o_O... weird huh? i mean seriously thinking about it...it seems that people want to play something theyre good at, rather than playing a better game...
thats totally irrelevant...i could say the same thing about the ppl that dont want to change...that u dont wanna change because u (just an example) sucked at 1.1 melee and now u have something thats easier...that u would rather play somethin thats boring rather than get your ass handed to u...

Sound Artist
Best answers
Hybrid said:
1.1 was my favorite game ever, and I believe the best game ever made (despite the fact it's a mod). So with this is mind, of course I had high hopes for 1.2. I thought 1.2 would be the best thing ever and easily top 1.1. Wow was I wrong. I -hate- 1.2. But unlike most people who come into the forums and say they hate 1.2, ill actually explain why I hate it.

Reason 1: Targeting is gone. On paper, this may seem like a big improvement, but when you get into the game, you realize it isn’t. The reason being for this is quite simple. You can’t tell who your enemy is anymore. This leads to double teaming.
People can double team just as much in 1.1, the only thing is 1.2 gives you the freedom to do a lot more, you have a broader list of options, like fighting multiple enemies. I'm, personally, at a level where i can fight off 4-5 people at once and kill everyone. If you're writing something like this then you obviously haven't aquired the proper skills.

Reason 2: Double teaming. Like I said in reason 1, double teaming is a lot more common in 1.2. It may seem like it’s the players fault and not the system for double teaming, but in reality it’s the systems fault. The only two ways to tell who you’re opponent is is either by their player model which isn’t reliable or by using mixed mode on the radar. So you’re pretty much forced to use mixed mode (which I hate using because you can’t tell where your opponent is half of the time),
So keep your eye on the enemy. You never played memory games? I've had one on one battles with the same person for hours with a 20+ player server. You, yet again, haven't aquired the skills yet to do this. You've just complained like the others but i'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Reason 3: The teleport delay. The teleport delay is great to stop scripters, but it gets annoying and slows down the game. I would rather have scripters than have this delay. Something that could improve upon the delay though, would be this idea I suggested http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=42792. People seemed not to agree with it though =/....
I'm having trouble understanding the logic here. You mean it's getting annoying because you can no longer teleport across the map without using a script, or teleport massively away from explosions, or appear into an enemy with 1.1 melee. Sorry, we've removed the exploits you've come custom to accept as normal strategy. Sorry.. try using that thing.. oh.. what's it called? .. Hmm... Block! Besides i know people who can still use it effectively even with the delay.

Reason 4: Double tap swooping. It’s not as responsive as 1.1. Granted you can now swoop in all directions, but I rarely use this in game.
Your wrong, it's very responsive, if you have low FPS and/or high PING then it get's sluggish. There are tons of threads telling you how to lower your ping and raise fps. The only thing that seems like it's not responsive is after recovering. Which means you started to double tap BEFORE you actually recovered. This messes up the whole process. It's also bull that you don't use swoop much in game. If you're not using swoop than you're at a serious disadvantage

Reason 5: Slowed down swooping speeds. I believe this was done so the transformation speeds wouldn’t be ridiculously fast, but it’s slowed down so much that it severely takes away from the game play factor.
The speeds are balanced, how fast do you actually want them to be? You have to give people reasonable time to react and counter accordingly. Besides Krillin nearly hits the max speed allowed in HL.

Reason 6: Old maps gone. I know that some of the maps from 1.1 got deleted (or something along those lines), but I also know that the map esf_cell_day/night was not deleted and replaced by the new map esf_cell_games. Cell day should have been left in.
Then keep them in.

Reason 7: The tactic where people prepunch you 11 times, than throw you. Regarding this thread http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=42789, wow you can block throws. That’s great! Too bad it doesn’t come in handy after you’ve been hit with prepunches and the only way it would work would be to stand still and block whore. Wow, what fun!
It's impossible to prepunch 11 times and have enough KI to throw IF you resist. There are some bugs that change the ki burn and resist burn but it's fixed in 1.2.1. There is also a fix to disable the throwing option after 8 prepunches in the upcoming patch. Have some skill, don't get caught.

Reason 8: Stopping to charge combos. It makes the fight seem slower and also makes the fight not fun to watch. Their has to be a better way to do combos than stopping the fight, maybe charging them up while prepunching?
Your idea is faulty. You can't expect people to prepunch and pick combos and decide to throw or combo. If you guys can't do a simple swoop or take on more than 1 enemy than you definately can't do this.
The team spent a great deal of time brain storming Adv. Melee and producing it. Have a little respect, this is the ONLY mod where you can actually go into Melee with great detail.

Reason 9: The prepunch. I think this was put in as a way for people with no skill to get damage. Nice idea esf team (that was sarcastic for all you stupid people :p).
Gee, the whole part where you actually have to catch your enemy requires no skill whatsoever (this is me being sarcastic). You really have no idea what you're talking about.

Reason 10: The combo system in general. I hate the game dance dance revolution which is pretty much what the combo system is. In 1.1, you had to catch your opponent off guard to get a hit. The combo system takes the fun out of that since the only advantage you get hitting first is prepunching. Someone please prove me wrong on this one. Also, combos are way too easy to dodge.

Reason 11: RANDOM ARROWS. GOD HOW I HATE THESE RANDOM ARROWS. It takes away almost all the skill in the game. How are you suppose to improve at guessing random arrows. Simple, you’re not.
I had to add 11 with 10 since the irony meter was at 100%. First you bash the arrows for being too easy and everyone dodges them, then you say the randoms are too hard to guess and you're getting hit. YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHATSOEVER. I guess randoms 70% of the time, it is skill, you don't predict the random arrows, you predict your opponent, people use the same directions a lot. Down is popular at the end of a combo so people can hit you into the ground (new people use this). Smarter ones use UP to try and trick you since they know new people use DOWN. LEFT is more popular than RIGHT, RIGHT usually follows LEFT. Guy, honestly you are totally oblivious.

Reason 12: The throw system in general. It takes way too long to preform a throw. Also, it requires no skill to do. Even less skill than combos. Throws are being tweaked to take less time to perform in 1.2 and more ki to perform, but they still will require no skill.
A person with no skill will try and throw you mid-air to catch someone or directly in the ground. A person WITH skill will try and aim for specific points in the map's structure to get multiple land damage, but you wouldn't know about that since you have no clue. Granted throws take a bit of time to pull off (heck they used to be A LOT slower) so be thankful. If you've read Joe's DEV you'd notice throwing will be a lot faster in 1.2.1 and burn more ki. So faster throwing.

Reason 13: Combos are too easy to dodge. Pretty much self explanitory. The only way a “skilled” person would get hit would be by random arrows.
Now you're repeating yourself, you already got owned in your previous pathetic attempts at bashing the system.

Reason 14: No way of blocking throws after prepunches are initated. I don’t know if this belongs under reason 12, but whatever.
You can resist throwing, if they prepunch too much they wont have enough KI to throw. That simple.

Reason 15: Beam explosions are smaller. The blast radius may be the same as in 1.1, but the explosions are smaller. Its kind of weird to get hit by a beam that doesn’t explode anywhere near you.
Your wrong, you don't notice the tip of the explosion near you, and with something like a Final Flash that's all it needs to kill you.

Reason 16: You can now hit someone with simple melee, then teleport one more time and hit them again. You could do this in 1.1, but it was a nice feature in 1.1 It required a lot more skill and needed 3 teleports to do rather then 1. I’m not sure if this was intentional, but it should be taken out. Maybe make the speed you get knocked back increased.
So you can get 2 hits in, it used to be unlimited so be grateful. If you had skill (which you don't so don't bother) you can get up to 4 hits with simple melee.

Reason 17: You no longer free fall when you throw a beam. This was done because it was being abused in 1.1, but it takes away from the speed of the game imo. For instance, you want to get away from an enemy, you decide you want to beam jump. You fire a beam at the ground, but instead of freefalling, you stay in fly mode and get hit.
It's called balancing, i'm sorry we've fixed exploits.

Reason 18: You can’t do more then 2 simple melee combos. This is self explanitory.
There you go again.. you can't even remember what you've typed, you damn fool.

Reason 19: The teleport after images. I like them, I just wish they would last a little longer.
Balanced, good enough and they work. Only fools would want them stuck there all day.

Reason 20: Uh.... 1.2 is bad :p (Im just putting this one for the sake of it being 20 :))
Uhh uhh.. yeah you lack a lot of things one of them being intelligence.

I just want to say that I had a lan party yesterday with a bunch of my friends. After playing 1.2 for a couple of weeks, I was forgeting how much fun 1.1 was so one of the games we played was 1.1. After playing 1.1 again, I see 1.2 is a huge step up in the graphics department, but a huge step down in the gameplay department. And to Sonic, later on ill post a thread of how I would have liked melee to be in 1.2. (wow, this was a long ass post :p)
Don't bother, you obviously haven't researched enough to have any basis. This my friends is another example of what happens when people don't have what it takes. Rather than try harder and increase your skill level at the game, you come on and *****. Unfortunately for you, we (the team) aren't stupid and don't fall for such impudent remarks.

Best answers
Re-opened by the dev-team :p
He has some points and put some time into explaining them. No need to close this.

Best answers
Ok, my thoughts on 1.2..

Melee is very much improved, too repiditive before. Sure, it could use tweaks but thats what future releases are for. I dont like the new blasts, the smoke and tips of the explosion shouldn't kill you...imo the new explosions look better but dont really suit esf as much.

A lot of what you 1.2 haters have said is true, but I think 1.2 is a much better game than 1.1, sure it needs tweaks but its much more diverse. Liked 1.1 melee better? Dont use advanced melee, you can choose you know.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
It's impossible to prepunch 11 times and have enough KI to throw IF you resist. There are some bugs that change the ki burn and resist burn but it's fixed in 1.2.1. There is also a fix to disable the throwing option after 8 prepunches in the upcoming patch. Have some skill, don't get caught.
And how do you explain how I can do it all the time :rolleyes:

Seriously, the only thing that I'm missing is the speed of defending, it goes way to slow and dus making it too easy >_<.

I suggest making a cvar(if it's already point it out to me please :)) for making the arrows come by faster :)

And also on the random arrows, god I hate those ****ing things >_<

Now wait for 1.3 for more combos.(The 2 combos were quite easily to master =|)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with virtually every point Freedom has said.
With the remarks with the random arrows. As said by Freedom, you have to predict your player. Look at the arrows after the randoms, and you can usually guess what the previous one was, and its usually common sense. Try to trick your opponents by making it look like your going to send your arrows off in the left direction, and then start them again in the right, and you'll usually knock a few punches in.

A mixture of advanced and simple, chain swooping and the teleport after image is by far a more skillfull approach to play than 1.1, and you'll beat off any player easily that isn't as good as you.

Devion said:
And how do you explain how I can do it all the time :rolleyes:
Read his post properly next time. He said on some servers the ki burns up at different speeds, and this will be fixed in the patch. :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
the only problem i hav wid 1.2 is the slowness of blockin apart from that i love it , i can play for hours and not get bored probably cause im a dbz freak but yea its a great game. cant wait for 1.3 tho

Best answers
I aswell agree with every single statement and point Freedom made - thats some great "defending the mod" **** :)
Personally i gotta say i have SO much more fun with 1.2 - all you "true fans" whos been around since alpha 1.9 and so on will prob say thats because im a noob and 1.2 is made for us noobs... Well maybe thats just right i dunno? I just gotta say that advanced mellee rules, simple mellee rules, and theres HUGE differences between skilled players and noobs! The only thing i disagree with freedom about is the beamjump exploit fix.. But thats just me - i never saw anyone exploit it? And how would that be done? I think its really sad cuz it kinda ruins the beamjumping experience to get stuck midair - too bad when its got new animations and all! :) Would someone plz explain the need for that fix?
Its true that there were a big difference between skill and noob when it came to mellee in 1.1 - IMO it just was so ****ty for us standard players when some trunks got in and hes like totally leet at mellee, so you have to leave in the end cuz its all about getting smashed around not being able to land a single blow... Fun for trunks, not fun for you... And yes yes i could train and get as good as well, but i just think 1.2 got a better way of doing that! MO
Anyhow, I think its **** that everyone is whining about all that stuff ONE week before the ****ing patch... Wait and chill dudes, see how much the patch fixes and instead of critizizing the mod and say it was way better before, look at the good stuff that came with the mod and instead suggest ur changes in a calm way... No reason to get all mad on a game which is under development. Personally what id like changed:
- Blocking speed, the arrows should go by faster, but i think this would be changed in the patch?
- The beamjumping thing.. I just dont feel so cool using it anymore because of the stuck thing :) but theres prob a good reason.
- Thats kinda it, i think the rest is already being fixed and comon ppl - its the first version of a brand new system, give it some time please. The team concists of a lot of smart people, who basicly wants to make it as great as possible! Goooo to the suggestion forum, suggest suggest suggest, and please just STOP all these threads about how u miss ur good old skilled mellee. You could look at it this way:
If you have some constructive to say and some changes youd like - SUGGESTION FORUM
If you simply want to whine because you were better at 1.1 and now you feel like blaming everyone else - ESF CHAT

Go pick one...

Best answers
I want to reply to hybrid again before this thread gets closed . . . again.
I'm only going to respond to the ones I have something else to add to, if I agree or whatever I wont bother responding :)

Well, that wouldn't really work. In 1.1, most teleport scripts had 2 teleports binded to one button.
I meant like have it so they could do 3 "1.1" teleports, then have a delay of like 1 second or something. They could script to have 3 quick teleports (enough to get away from a beam), but not be able to do like 10 to get across the map in one go.

Hmm. the swooping in different directions is a pretty good idea, the only thing I don't like about the new swoop is that you can't start it up as quickly. I suppose a solution to this would be a seperate swoop button. It would respond quicker then double tapping a button and to change direction in mid flight, you could press a direction once.
I do believe that this is one of the few disadvantages to 1.2 swooping. It takes longer to start. If anyone says "oh no it dosn't, its only 1 more button", then you have never really played ESF, where every half of a second counts.

It's a cheap tactic. It's just pure annoying to have to wait through all 11 prepunches, then sit through a block. And like you said, theres nothing you can do against this but hope for the guys ki to run out. Atleast with 1.1 howing you could get around it by using skill.
Its not all that cheap to me. Prepunches don't exactly to buttloads of damage, not to mention it uses more of the attacker's KI. Its not much of a wait either, maybe an extra second?

I don't know what you mean when you say you don't have to stand still. You're immobile while blocking.
Are you immobile while in freefall? (This really is a question, I havn't tried it lol), because you were in beta 1.1, and alot of people blocked that way. Come out of the swoop, freefall and block. I also noticed that in 1.2, its harder to 'fall' out of the swoop, instead you ususally come to a direct stop.

It's not that it goes on and on. I mean sure the combos are easy to dodge, but even if they weren't I would still hate the system. It seems to me the system was made to make the fights look cool, but they failed on this because of the time you stop while charging combos.
How does stopping to charge have anything to do with the way it looks? It still goes pretty fast, its not a 2 minute wait or anything. The game isn't as slow as your trying to make it out to be.

I don't want it like a powerstruggle. The only thing you do in a powerstruggle is hold mouse1. Powerstruggles do have some skill though, you have to figure out how much ki you need and how long to charge up the beam, when to fire the beam, ect.
It would also give the advantage to higher PL'ed people, which (in 1.2.1), would be the skilled meleeing people (5x the ki you get now from melee)

18: Thats not what I ment. I mean the type of combos in 1.1. You can no longer do any combos higher then 2 hit combos.

19: I don't mean too long, im just saying long enough to fool your opponent. As it is right now, people don't get fooled by it.
18: Ah. I'v been delt a 3 hit combo once, but it is pretty difficult. I know I can't do them.
19: If you teleport at the right time, people will be fooled.

There :). Now you think my post is done right? Wrong! I started reading some of Freedom's post, and I feel I must respond to it as well, since some of the issues he touched on I feel strongly about.

uh oh, this should be a good one . . .
I'm having trouble understanding the logic here. You mean it's getting annoying because you can no longer teleport across the map without using a script, or teleport massively away from explosions, or appear into an enemy with 1.1 melee. Sorry, we've removed the exploits you've come custom to accept as normal strategy. Sorry.. try using that thing.. oh.. what's it called? .. Hmm... Block! Besides i know people who can still use it effectively even with the delay.
You can't teleport fast enough to make it useful to get away from certian things ( big ass beams ). I told hybrid to use block as well, but its more usless than you or I made it out to be. Its great if you can find the spot to use it, finding the right time / spot is the hard part. Maybe if you hit the block key, you should automatically stop your swoop or something

Your wrong, it's very responsive, if you have low FPS and/or high PING then it get's sluggish. There are tons of threads telling you how to lower your ping and raise fps. The only thing that seems like it's not responsive is after recovering. Which means you started to double tap BEFORE you actually recovered. This messes up the whole process. It's also bull that you don't use swoop much in game. If you're not using swoop than you're at a serious disadvantage
Its not that responsive. I play in my own server (meaning no lag / no low FPS), and I find it slow to start, especially if theres a huge beam bearing down on me, about to blow me to pieces, knowing full well I cant teleport away because theres a dumbass delay.

The speeds are balanced, how fast do you actually want them to be? You have to give people reasonable time to react and counter accordingly. Besides Krillin nearly hits the max speed allowed in HL.
Balanced? Someone dosn't use piccolo much, especially in his transformed state.
He wants them put back to their normal speed, since krillin "nearly hit the max speed allowed in HL" in beta 1.1, he can't be doing that now in 1.2, since the swoop speeds were slowed down, now can he?

Sorry to say my good friend, but it is quite possible. I do it any time I need to throw someone. Even if they resist, the throw will still go through, quite nicly in fact, leaving me with virtually no KI.

You can resist throwing, if they prepunch too much they wont have enough KI to throw. That simple.
Mixed in with your previous response. I don't know where your getting that, but I prepunch 11 times, and I throw someone (max distance), and they resist. It leaves me no ki, but I still get to throw them.

It's called balancing, i'm sorry we've fixed exploits.
I saw it as a skill. Being able to see where your beam would reach, as you freefalled, so you wouldnt hit the ground. I don't like how they just stop and fire, it gives people too much of a chance to hit you, not to mention its totally awkward.

and I'm done. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are people actually complaining here about removed exploits...?

I meant like have it so they could do 3 "1.1" teleports, then have a delay of like 1 second or something. They could script to have 3 quick teleports (enough to get away from a beam), but not be able to do like 10 to get across the map in one go.
Or...they could press the button three times. Ain't that a trip?

The teleporting *****ing is irrelevant. If you just tap the damn button, you can teleport up to four times consecutively in under a second. I do it ALL the TIME. If not, double-tap jump and swoop upward. Walljump out of the way. Do SOMETHING--don't just rely on the script.

I knew this would happen to all the scripters. People would lose the capabilities which helped keep them alive in 1.1, and the complaining would be inevitable. :0\

You've obviously never tried it; just tried to carry over your BS teleport script and saw that it didn't work and thus didn't bother to rebind the teleport key normally.

The teleport fools people ALL THE TIME. Fighting against even the most advanced players, I use teleport ghosts to buy myself vital seconds to charge.

The beam jumping is fine, I use it to escape combat ALL THE TIME...

Nobody mentioned walljumping either. Walljumping is the ultimate strategy. You drop out of a swoop, cling to the wall, and let the other guy head towards you, then you jump past him and swoop, beating him into the wall for extra damage. It also has a seriously long jump, so for getting a good headstart out of tight spots it's very useful.

Much more useful than a talentless 15 teleports in a row.

Best answers
I'v never seen someone so talented as you Pride.

Sorry to say, but I dont use scripts. Never have, never will. Now, when it comes to escaping a beam thats going to hit me in like a few seconds, you cant swoop out of the way, they start too slow. You cant beam jump, it charges too slow. The only way is a teleport, since its 'instant', but its not. I can literally 'feel' the delay stopping me, because I can usually teleport myself right out of there, and now I can't.

Thats all thats bothering me about it. I want the ability to save myself from a big ass beam. People still sit around charging huge beams waiting for people. I want to be able to escape that certian death, not try and use one of those flawed methods and die trying.

Best answers
- Blocking speed, the arrows should go by faster, but i think this would be changed in the patch?
The arrows can't show much faster, already the higher pinged players have trouble seeing them on time. Al arrow presses have to be checked server side to prevent clientside arrow matching hacks. We will probably assign more buttons to blocking attacks later on (by example separate kick/punch blocks). I also like to see a string of, say, 3 block arrows you have to match on the heavier attacks, instead of the current 'more change of a random' thing.

The double tap is currently checked server side, which makes it kick in too late on some occasion. This wil be fixed later on.

As for the explosion size, this is just a graphical glitch that will be fixed later on. It doesn't really matter that much for the gameplay experience, since damage is dealt before the explosion is drawn anyways.

Don't expect to see those changes in the patch though.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently noone has read any of my posting over the last week or so. There's going to be a cvar selectable on startup to set advanced melee speed to slow, intermediate, or advanced (advanced being much faster than it is now). As harSens said though, high pings need not apply, you'll stand no chance against the onslaught; however, in servers where you normally ping around 130 or less you should have a more enjoyable experience.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens said:
The arrows can't show much faster, already the higher pinged players have trouble seeing them on time. Al arrow presses have to be checked server side to prevent clientside arrow matching hacks. We will probably assign more buttons to blocking attacks later on (by example separate kick/punch blocks). I also like to see a string of, say, 3 block arrows you have to match on the heavier attacks, instead of the current 'more change of a random' thing.

The double tap is currently checked server side, which makes it kick in too late on some occasion. This wil be fixed later on.

As for the explosion size, this is just a graphical glitch that will be fixed later on. It doesn't really matter that much for the gameplay experience, since damage is dealt before the explosion is drawn anyways.

Don't expect to see those changes in the patch though.
It does affect the gameplay experience, since you can't see if you are caught in the explosion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom