Official melee suggestion thread

Best answers
this suggestion is simple: 2 different melee attacks: kick and punch. punch would go alot faster but kick would do more damage. you guys like it?o_o it may be posted before but I didn't want to search this whole thread....

Best answers
ifit wud be good if u cud swoop do combos and knock away, instead of having a punch and kick thing u cud use the little clicking thing on the little rolly thing on the mouse or whatever cuz i kno most people dont have that.

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ_Prince
hey all, this is my idea:

Maybe people are saying for intense nerve breaking fights and such, Im found of melee battle and have a few ideas:

Limit Breaks: If you take damage from melee your limit bar will raise, the limit attacks will be unique to each char and can be done with any amount above none, The strenght of the attack will depend on your bar and higher the better, when the attack is done the bar will go to zero. The idea of this is to let the losing person get a good hit and do some damage before they die a painful death. The attack will be done by holding a key and pressing primary to unleash the powerful attack. I got a few ideas for some of the chars:

Piccolo: Powerful homing mouth blast that does not explode but shots thru.

Vegeta: Vegeta makes a ki ball in his hand and does a uppercut then does a kick.

Goku: Goku teleports and gives them a nice kick.(attack never missies)

-end

edit:changed vegeta a bit
i like this idea along with the circle eachother idea, one thing i would change is when you are at 15% or lower health you can do a limit break have a 50% chance of doing a limit and then have a cooldown period if it fails so it dosnt get overused.

kinda on kinda off topic: trunks could do a fated circle or sumthin if it wouldent get the team sued to hell :laff:

Best answers
Originally posted by Just-a-guy
this suggestion is simple: 2 different melee attacks: kick and punch. punch would go alot faster but kick would do more damage. you guys like it?o_o it may be posted before but I didn't want to search this whole thread....
Yeah that would be cool to beat the crap out of somebody against a wall and just punch and kick them like on TV.

Best answers
I know some of you out there don't like that melee system that we got right now, so i suggest you could make the melee system like the one in the game "Oni" (its the game with the chick that kicks everyones @$$). You can use one button to target, another one to approach them, and use the left mouse button for punching and the right button for punching. If you could do combos easier. If you go behind someone, you can break the persons neck or throw them. Infront you could be able to do body slams or a hurricaneranna, etc...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ isn't wrestling, and it isn't the UFC in mid-air. DBZ is just random punches and kicks thrown in a blur and then a smash. On a few rare occasions when somebody is caught off gaurd there are punches and kicks thrown, but those are still usually followed up with a smash. Breaking necks couldn't work, but maybe grappling could. I don't doubt that there will be some form of grappling in 1.2, and I'm sure the system will be vastly improved. 1.2's system is almost totally mapped out already anyway, so don't worry about suggesting drastic changes until after its release.

Best answers
Hahaha, good point sonic, this isn't wrestling :) :)

There is a point to my post. If swooping is included in melee (which it should!) then a new targeting system should be implemented. Personally i hate having to target individual people and it can get sticky and slow, especially if you are trying to attack quickly after a burning attack, SOOOOO i prepose that maybe a better targeting system be put in.

Something like when you select melee, tiny boxes appear around all enemies, and when you move your cursor over an enemy it allows you to boost at them, allowing you to follow through with whatever melee you have (hopefully new by the time). After you hit somebody with melee, the box around them stays constantly large so you can spot them again quickly. The 2 reasons i would like this is for trunks with burning attack, to allow you to follow through quickly, and when you want to have melee battles with multiple people, allowing you to break off your attack and hit somebody else who isn't targeted without any major hassle.

Hope my conribution helps :)

Best answers
OK my idea is that instead of punching and kicking you lock on to a guy and you both get into a Hand lock power struggle. Lightning should fly and you both hold down the left click. the one with the most ki wins and shoots the other one into the other side of the map:)

Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
DBZ isn't wrestling, and it isn't the UFC in mid-air. DBZ is just random punches and kicks thrown in a blur and then a smash. On a few rare occasions when somebody is caught off gaurd there are punches and kicks thrown, but those are still usually followed up with a smash. Breaking necks couldn't work, but maybe grappling could. I don't doubt that there will be some form of grappling in 1.2, and I'm sure the system will be vastly improved. 1.2's system is almost totally mapped out already anyway, so don't worry about suggesting drastic changes until after its release.
I know what your getting at but what if some 1 doesn't recover from a blow cause the can't and u get to punch them in the face until they do instead of hitting them again and having them soaring back into the air?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Garr, you can already do that. If somebody doesn't have enough ki to recover right away there is a fairly large block of time where you can get behind them and hit them again. I hope it stays this way, though it doesn't sound like it will. 1.2 will be 'advanced,' we'll just have to see what that means when it happens.

Best answers
First post *to be edited once I get to work*

Melee struggle should be simple, head on swoop, both would melee eachother, but then u can do either the grabbing hands thing (in the form of an animation) *the fight will be decided the same way b.struggles and pstruggles are done* , or a kick/punch very fast combo thing animation thingy (there is no real difference between the grab or the punch/kick mstruggle, i think it would just be nice to have a different animation), during the melee struggle, ala dbz, during which the players move foward or back during the actual melee struggle *same way as bstruggles and pstruggles* depending on who is winning or losing.

I like the idea of the throw, the way the throw works in all fighting games is that it is there to stop ppl abusing block (or turtling, which ppl do a lot now). So say for example:

Dude1: Damn he is owning me, better block spam!
Dude2: Uh oh he is trying to block spam! Thank gawd they introduced the throw!
/dude1 gets thrown very stylishly :)

Basically it could be the shift key/3rd mouse button or watever, it could simple work like this, target the guy, swoop, then push throw, if guy is blocking then he gets thrown automatically, if he isnt blocking the guy *fumbles* leaving him open for a counter! (similarly to fighting games if u throw the guy from the back its unblockable and does more damage and that sorta thang :p )This way blocking would not be abused, and neither would be throwing!

Add a target key plz, I only get 100 ping or so playing on local servers and its so frikken irritating to try target some1 but you've targetted some1 else, so u swoop at the guy u were trying to target and get smashed in the face!! :(

Other than that the game is damn near perfect :)

Best answers
Erm...I think that there should be combos and I think that there should be those punching and kicking struggles (Don't know the name for them :p ) If you could put that in there, It would be a lot cooler than it already is :D

Best answers
i wand it so dat if you transform, you only going to level 1 but if you are transformed you can go to a hire level.
the game wil be funny if it can and the hair of an ssj3 must move (not mean bad )just like bfp.
and more caracters ex. gotenks, janeba, vegeto, tien, enz..........
melee must be avaleble always zso i can practic(sorry, mn english is not good)
and if goku transformt, the spiritbom wil stay, the only thing what thance is that an dragonvist is added
i hope it wil be done and that you understand me:d
thanks

Best answers
Dragonball Z is a very physical series which involves what appears to be random kicks and punches thrown at blinding speed at thier opponent, when in reality each and every assault made on an opponent are likely very planned and coordinated. Don't tell me all that time a Saiyan spends training is just running himself into a wall over and over and improving his endurance. I highly doubt that.

But since these warriors are so adept at fighting at these blinding speeds, it wouldn't be logical to make these things actual combos. It would simply just be too fast to perform, leaving the combo idea out of the picture.

I saw someone mention a rock paper scissors method somewhere in this thread, and I think in terms of raw gameplay and balance that it would be the best way to deal with this thing. The player can try to move using the 'w' 'a' 's' and 'd' keys (or the cursors, for you freaks who use them) in attempt to dodge the final attack, the left click in an effort to break the struggle without injury, or a right click to try and deliver the killing blow. All the buttons are already within your steady reach, and they tend to be your first impulse anyway.

In short, two players attempt a swoop at the same instant, end up in a power struggle where animations of the two fighters play displaying them throwing mad punches, kicks, blocks, and dodges. After a certain amount of time, say 5 seconds, of watching these nifty animations, the players are each prompted to tap the key they would prefer to use in that given situation.

If one attempts to make the final strike, and the other does the dodge, then the final attack is dodged and the attacker is left open for a very brief instant. However, if one player attempts the final strike whil the other tries to break off without getting hurt, he'll get a good smack for his troubles. You can mix and match this to your heart's desire.

I'm not even sure if the Half-Life engine can do all the crap I just mentioned, but it never ceases to suprise me when some stubborn coders tackle it.

Best answers
i think that with melee that there should be all different modes, so its like changing techniques. i think that we have the one thats currently there, and maybe another one where you left-click to charge it up, and the more its charged, the more punches/kicks etc are thrown. right at the very end of the attack, they are sent skyrocketing into mountains. that would be a lot better, plus we still have the melee thats there.

Best answers
WELL WELL WELL, I'M FROM ARGENTINA SO DO NOT SPECT TOO MUCH OF MY POOR ENGLISH.
OKY RIGTH TO THE PINT, ALL I ASK IS, THAT AT LEAST I WANT TO SE A PUNCH OR A KICIK, WHEN YOU HIT AN ENEMY, 'CAUSE IT IS ONLY SOUND, , YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, AND THEN, AS FASTER AS YOU CLICK, MORE FASTER WILL BE YOUR HITS.
THAT'S A GOOD IDEA I THINK

Best answers
well my suggestion for this great game is that first click on em to make that box than when ur near start clickin the right button than it just starts punchs and kicks them to paralize them until like 10 times than it automaticallies smash them away...i think this idea is good i dont know if u guys will..

Best answers
I’ve got a great NEW SUGGESTION!!!! I don't no if somebody told this before but i just had to tell it to you guys. Here it comes:

When you start a melee you wil see the models fighting!! Not just hit an other model and fly to him and smash it again untill he’s dead.

So you will see them fighting together realy fast with flashes and lights and all that stuff. And then it’s just like bloking. Klik on your mouse realy fast to win.

You can use it just like the spiritbomb. This on on the right mousebutton. And the melee that were using now on the left.

Tell me what you think!!! I think it's a great idea!!!!

Best answers
i think melee at the moment, ie 1.0 not 1.1 is quite a beautiful thing. The only problem i have ever faced is people who just go for headons and win with ping/fast pc.

I feel that the melee system should be kept the same, as in the 1.0 format, no punches like in 1.1 as i am never sure if i've hit or not, trunk's sword should be removed - no offence hardcore fans but its really a nusience.

I feel that a headon should either result in the idea of a sissors paper rock senario where both fighters are invunerable from beams and when i say sizzors paper, rock i mean punch, kick and elbo rush etc. This could mean that if you win with a punch they go up, kick they go back, elbo drop/rush they go down etc.

However this would still retain an element of luck which i feel is the devil's sick of sin. Therefore perhaps people could hit eachother, like when gohan and goku train before cell, their elbows hit and they are pushed back, so they are just under the range to swoop and just over the range to kick.

Best answers
I AGREE with MOST of you ....their should be different modes.... ex u fly above the guy amd konk him on the head sending him smashing to the ground..........or like elbow the enemy in the gut...........you could have combos like..........right click, left click, left click and do it really fast and he would do a combo like hit him in the gut then instant strans mission above him(at cost of ki) and konk him on the head!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom