Next ESF patch: More beams, less melee!

Should the focus of the game change?

• YES - More usage of beams!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES - More usage of melee! (this should get 0 votes...)

• NO - i like it the way it is

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
from my point of view, i think that poeple are usin more melee now cuz its new and they havent fully experienced the full capacity of this new features, beams were there in the alpha aswelll, only a few additions to them were made, poeple will get bored of only melee and will use beams and melee 50/50.

ESF is not like in the show if we were in the show we would all be fighting next to eachother throwing punches for 30 mins without getting knocked out...

Best answers
ESF not being like DBZ doesnt necessarily mean one attack shouldn't be used more than the other, it's up to the player.

There's nothing wrong with melee, it's perfectly counterable, and the entire map doesn't explode when you punch someone.

Best answers
i only read 2 or so pages cause i dont have time...

i think that when firing beams there should be at least some sort of block. with one hand even if only blocks half power just enough to let u finish the beam u r using and get a change not to be knocked into the eternal doom.

Best answers
forget about waiting a year for new meele people will get sick of beta 1.. i know this is a suggestion..but u guys should save the heavy population by adding it in for 1.5 with the suggestions we named.. because nothing but flying kicks and stuff.. thats not gonna work lol.

i mean with no combos its completely repetitive.

see person, lock.. swoop and kick to ground, go turbo and use ki ball to create a giant ki explosion over him so it drains health.. power up, rinse and repeat.

Best answers
Originally posted by AscendantSaiyan
i only read 2 or so pages cause i dont have time...

i think that when firing beams there should be at least some sort of block. with one hand even if only blocks half power just enough to let u finish the beam u r using and get a change not to be knocked into the eternal doom.
There's a reason why Goku doesn't fire kamehamehas in the middle of a fight.

(There are also reasons why snipers don't strive to be involved in close quarter combat.)

Best answers
well i will just say this:

all i like to do is throw those generic ki beams at people, i havent used melee yet, and those melee lovers always get me from behind;(

Best answers
well you should learn to use block too :rolleyes:

then they wouldn't get you so much....

Best answers
The melee system can be like it is now but then the beams should be charge faster at all.

My option to melee:
Its ok but the swoop speed is to different from the normal turbo.

My idea:
Delete the aim and make the turbo fast like the swoop.
Beams should charge faster at all.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tepus beng friendly again

first of all how the hell did you get those figures........
cuz there really of...
you can't put figures on melee
cuz it depends on map, players, and the number of ppl

like when your 1 on 1 you hardly use beams
when your on a server with 20 ppl
there r beams everywhere

and the think is in the next patch there is gonna be a option 2 turn melee of, so ppl like you can use beams again ;)

so hold on to the next beta and then all of you beam lovers can have a field day with creating servers without melee :(

personly I really think it's about perfect right know but like some said....
it's really gonna be fast when you can go ssj3 in a transformation
( can't wait for it :D )

Best answers
Basically to all u that are new to Dragonball Z and i mean just started watching it, that means within the past 5 years =P or Only the english series
Goku Doesnt fire kamehamehas in the middle of a fight.
DBZ which ESF is trying to mimic NEVER included a system where half of the fight is KI beams and half is melee.
its MArtial arts combat of an ENORMOUS magnitude with Godly power. U dont see Jet Li Using JUST SPINNING kicks in a fight do u?
Think of it this way. U power up a kamehameha......I'm gonna let u do it??? i'm gonna sit there with my thumb up my...... and watch u??? sorry buddy just as in the series u power up somethin that takes a moment, u'll find urself at the end of that moment thrown into a wall. LEAVE MELEE THE WAY IT IS. N00bs just stop playing =P u'll never learn if u complain about something that's true to the series. its just missing Combo struggles thats all

Best answers
Yeap the Kamehameha has always been used as a Finishing move on the enemy. As i'm from the UK we are still only on the DBZ series "we are about to start the Kid Buu Saga, Goku and Vegeta are about to leave Buu's Body with the pods" we have seen DB or DB GT yet.

But the Beta is great, there are still a few bugs to be fixed, but that happens all the time with every game even final releases. I love Melee and Beams (it all depends on the maps aswell) like on the time chamber i do more beam then melee is the server is full is the server is low of people i just melee. But i have to say the people that just block and just do nothing else, they need to let go of that key and press another (you may find out how to fire a beam :D )

But the Beam spammers are some of the people call them. KILL THEM if you don't like them spamming just hit them back with a beam of your own or just melee them while they are charging up a beam. It is so easy to do.

I have my fingers crossed for everything new beams, new effects, new melee "stamina bar" that would rock.

Once the new versions are released with the new forms for the SSJ's/Buu/Cell/ and the others, the servers will need to change maps times, because on some i have only got up to 10 million ki in SSJ form "without turbo" and SSJ 2 will need that or maybe less but some people are still new to the game, so lets hope the servers change along with the new features :)

Keep up the great work ESF "Thumbs Up to Ya"

Best answers
ok I haven't read everything but here goes:

I heard some people say that melee is used more in de Anime serie than Beams, that's true.
But let's face it, It's A F***ing game it should be playable, not exactly like the anime serie it's impossible.

I played the game for some time now, and in the beginning it really Rocked!!!!! but now i't's really starting to get boring, and not because of the maps or something like that (I play CS everyday) it's because of that stupid melee.

melee should stay the same in the game but it should be extremely less powerfull, that's my opinion.
There are a lot of Melee only guys, who are extremely annoying with that melee only crap.
And let's not mention that F***ed up Double team ****, when you melee with someone and another guy keeps ramming you from behind.

So the option for this melee thing is really easy: MAKE IT LESS POWERFULL

- if it's even more less powerfull people will start using more beams.

- Melee should be something to get that guy away from you or make sure he doesn't make that spirit bomb.

p.s. i have no idea how to fix the double team melee thing :)

Best answers
Originally posted by abused_ducky
And let's not mention that F***ed up Double team ****, when you melee with someone and another guy keeps ramming you from behind.
Well i've had 4 guys on me at once because i blow them up 3 times in a row with my Kamehameha at full power while i was in SSJ Form with a very high Ki level.

Have people double team you in melee is fun, and it does happen in the series. If you are able to take them out and remain alive then you can call yourself a good melee player. but if you fail its just more motivation to make you get better in the melee area of the game. I haven't become bored with the game because i enjoy playing it. Only thing that has annoyed me with the game is the Servers running the mod stop halfway through the game or after a few map changes.

But overall its a great game, some people will like it, some people will hate it, its just the way things are. Thats why everyone awaits the new patches to get the new features and the fixes so that can play better against other players.

Best answers
HAHAHA Make it less powerful?
dood u get bored from a melee balanced DBZ game? stop PLAYING.
Oh yeah and U dont think this should follow the series exactly???
DOOD THAT"S WHAT ThEY"RE TRYING TO DO!!
=P u want a game that just beams? PLAY MARVEL VS CAPCOM!

Best answers
well guys... you know what i think. i think it should be left the way it is because. from reading this thread form first page to last page. ppl like melee, and they like ki attacks... like 50/50 and the game right now is 50/50. i've nevr seen everybody use melee. or everybody just use ki atacks. ive never seen any good player wait for someone to charge up a ki attack and wait. never. it should be left the way it is. end of story.;( it's balanced. if you don't like being knocket alllll the way across a map learn how to dodge... or block and stop being a noob charging up the same ki attack all the time. and leting ur self being knocked across a map. it's that easy. LEARN HOW TO PLAY!!! and stop being a noob... it's that easy.

Best answers
Hell it's not Balanced n00b, it's only balanced for people who use melee and ki.
the only problem is those melee only guys, i don't mind the 50/50 people at all.

Melee should be restricted to a sort amount of hits per life (for example) that'll take care of all the melee spammers.

or another option is to make the Radar detect people flying towards you in melee mode with another kind of color or something else. Just like in the Real Anime serie you sense your enemy's

p.s. sorry for my bad english

Best answers
theres no such thing as melee spam, just becuase you suck at it, thats why u want it changing, practice more. It alreadys costs a bag full of energy to use melee, and people use it more as they find it and effective and challenging way to fight, its fun trying to outsmart/outmove your opponent, which is what happens in dbz, so stop winging and practice at it a bit, and watch what the better people do, thats what i did, and now i can handle my self to a certain extent in melee, and i actually thoroughly enjoy it.

The only issue i have is with vegetas gallic gun beam, its too weak and slow charging compared to the khh, it just makes it unfair, and then everybody just khh spams with goku, im not too fussed about that, because they are the ones who cant melee, and i can beat them :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well people who are melee'ing fly like 5 times as fast as normal people, so its easy to see them on the radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom