Next ESF patch: More beams, less melee!

Should the focus of the game change?

• YES - More usage of beams!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES - More usage of melee! (this should get 0 votes...)

• NO - i like it the way it is

• Total voters
Best answers
i didn't read every page but from what i read for the scheduled stuff they plan for next beta beams are supposed to stop melee swooping, so hey that should even it out a bit, see a guy flyin at ya shoot em or just keep a beam charged ... either way both styles could work,

Best answers
I don't get you guys WTF is wrong with a better Radar who picks up melee charges. Melee is nice but it isn't perfect.

and about the beams I too hate those Mass beams, like in AFM where a lot of guys are firing kamehameha's at the spawnpoints, that really sucks.

they should put a shield around the spawnpoints, don't know really how to make something like that, but it'll definately stop those Kamehameha spawn campers.

p.s. and nitemare F*ck you.

Best answers
Thats true, melee was used alot in dbz, but this beta doesnt have "melee" it has dropkicks :) and the person with less lag usually wins :( (as Ive found out...damn T1 people :cry: )
Yeah but my 2 cents about the beams is that it should just keep going in a line, not do a big nuclear "hiroshima" to everything in the map, I was really pissed today because I had just joined, was trying out piccolo for the first time, and some guy kept kamehame'ing me until I just kept switchin teams asking him to STOP that till I could at least transform, after that we were fine.

So my 2 cents for beams is to go.
Have a targetting box for the beam weapons, the server or whatnot should say (name + name are entering a powerstruggle, get some popcorn people etc) and the two shots would meet and grow bigger and bigger as more power was connected, I think there should be some physical work for it, ie button tapping or what not but people are talking about scripts so its not a good idea, but they have to do something, anyways, whoever wins the shot should just keep going, not abomb everything in the surrounding map, Im not really sure if this sticks to the show, actually I kinda am, but for all you people who follow that show religiously (like I used to lol) dont try to diss this idea, its just a suggestion, sure nuking everything is fun when you the person nuking, but I want this game to be even and honourable :)

Also uhh melee should be street fighter I think lol, makes it kinda more even, less drop kickin!

Last note: if anyone knows how to recover from those dropkicks right away (like I keep seeing some people do) could you please pm? I know your supposed to recover with left click, I do that but I always end up bouncing off something and therefore takin a bunch of damage by the time I recover :(

anyways Im done, good fighting everyone, keep it real homies

-Out :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This game shouldn't even have a radar at all, let alone a better one. I think hiding and back attacks and stuff are a big part of DBZ. But hell, I won't get into that since I don't care and plus I actually use the radar. You know how you're about to get melee charged? Red dot is moving REAAAALLY fast in your direction. That's how. Most of the time in melee, I find the thing totally useless since I end up seeing my enemy's character class and powerlevel 90 percent of the time rather than a little sonar screen thing.

Best answers
well i think the radar is good, it only shows people not under cover, and people with a really small powerlevel (ie a lot lower than your own) appear as really tiny dots, and the stronger ones bigger, i think its pretty good, not to mention its v range limited, so u can still hide :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I'm pretty sure the small ones represent targets below your altitude, and large ones show the people above your altitude.

Scruffie

S
No, when someones more powerful than you big dot. Less powerful, little dot.

You see them change when you transform, or kill someone.

Best answers
Melee is a Big part of EsF and I think Everyone has there own little tactic, some are alot better than others!
The only thing that is bad about MELEE is that its TOO easy to do compared to a Beam attack!

With a Beam, you need to stand still or move or teleport but can't block, and charge up something that to be strong enough sometimes needs to be charged for 20 seconds. With in 3 seconds that guy is gonna be on you and MELEE your **** to death!
So it becomes alot easier to just MELEE them back, rather than enjoy a PS or BS.

I would love to see you basic KI beam become an instand blast and not require a charge to get off the bare minimum attack, it should be chargeable but if you want to just get off a quick stop SHOT, it should be just a quck click, than if you want to blow them a new one, you can charge it! With the next patch, the swoop will be stoped by the blast, so if you have someone comming @ you, and you want to do something side from MELEE them back you can quick beam blast them and charge up a normal blast!

More Melee attack moves should be added and the Melee Struggle is a great IDea, where the 2 ppl lock hands and try to force the other guy to the ground! (like goku and Friezza).
Also more basic power attacks should be given to each charater.

MElee is AWSOME to do, but when you have a PL of 200 mil, why waste time making a beam, when you can swoop towards someone KICK the **** out of them and move on to the next poor *******.
if you want to make Melee better, add more of it, and more ways to stop it!

Best answers
I cant believe there is an 8 page thread about this **** when there is already a sticky about melee, damn i wish an admin would delete this now. almost everything in here has already been said some where else

Best answers
here we go.

I love the idea of melee. Most or all other DBZ games concentrate on blasts and explosions alone but as most of u know from watching dbz this is the most ki using method and general melee fight / hand to hand combat is the most effective way @ savnig ki and demolishing enemy.

melee struggles would be wicked. Like Blocking blasts
there should be diferent actions depending on the power levels of both players.

eg. If both players are near even ki they they will go into a 1 on 1 spar where u mix blocking with punch or kick combos.
If 1 is considerably more powerfull then then 1 player will either get bashed lots or just block most of the time.

If u catch someone not in melee mode u will bash em to the ground as in the current beta 1.0
and locking hands is feasable but 1 on 1 spars would be better.

cheers :D

Best answers
all ppl will like esf even more after beta 1.1

because of 1 thing

CLIENTSIDE FIGHTING!!!!

yes. then ping doesnt matter. because then u dont have to wait 2 seconds until u block. so my reactions can be used.

aahh i will like it

Best answers
ok i didnt read what people said but melle should be more then power punches u should have an attack so u do those super fastpunches and hits and the other guy has to dodg like one guy comes up to anther guy clicks the move and u have to click the buttons as fast as u can to punch and kick the guy while the guy tring to dogd it has to do the same who ever can tap there buttons faster win......wait did i just come up with a good idea?O_O

Best answers
Originally posted by Twysta
I cant believe there is an 8 page thread about this **** when there is already a sticky about melee, damn i wish an admin would delete this now. almost everything in here has already been said some where else
Admins have already viewed this thread, if they didn't delete it and instead replied to it what does that tell you?

Best answers
The Mod is the way it is, U dont like it make ur own mod, If u dont like melee dont play dragonball Z, Dragonball Z....Since when was it ever just blasts? yes Join a martial arts competition where u cant use ur arms, or a baseball game where u cant use ur legs, those who complain about melee ur logic is retarded. Dragonball Z has always been fighitng, If ur a super power Godly being are u gonna just use ONe of ur abilities or all? Every "POwer Struggle" that's happened in Dragonball Z has been due to either the enemy being ultra powerful shooting something wit no chargeup or the opponent LET Them charge up, If they dont feel like it they'd slam u before u do so. i say they did this good which is the best i've seen on their own. dont try and change them leave them as they are, they're awesome. u think u can do better go and try. If i was admin i'd close this thread already.

Best answers
yes close this thread :) and err less beams, more melee... i mean we dont want another bfp do we :) just cos n00bs wanna be beam happy, if u wanna do that play bfp :p

Best answers
it doesnt need to be balanced it already is balanced it depends on how the PEOPLE who play it and what they use, some people are melee freaks and thats all they use , ive rarely seen ppl who just use beams, most ppl use a nice combination of them. and I am just saying that from MY expirience playing

Best answers
theres all this **** about melee. I use melee but If anyone does vote for melee they just suck. You need more beams. I can probably kick anyone's ass with melee yet It's used way to much. I aint complaining just stating the facts. I hope other people agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom