Next ESF patch: More beams, less melee!

Should the focus of the game change?

• YES - More usage of beams!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES - More usage of melee! (this should get 0 votes...)

• NO - i like it the way it is

• Total voters
Best answers
ITs way fine as it is...I use alot of KI balls and beams added after I nail them with melee

Best answers
I don't see why everyone is accusing ki attacks of being useless in beta. Just today I was in a server with a score of about 50 kills and 7 deaths in a team game (3 v 3) and about 70% of my kills were from ki attacks. If you know the right time to use them then ki attacks are very very useful. If you just go out and stand in the middle of the map and start charging a spirit bomb, then thats a little invitation to get someones foot up your ass (Which by the way, I see people do all the time) This one moron kept on charging the same attack over and over again, while I kept smacking him across the map. He would recover, and just start charging a gallit gun again. This happened until he died. And he would try to let off another attack when he respawned and the process would continue. I don't understand some people when it comes to using ki attacks. I hope it stays the way it is, if not make more emphasis on melee (with melee struggles and advanced melee), so I voted on more melee than beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i find that actualy no one has a problem with melee or beams they just are really pissy when they cant beat testers who have had it for like 7 months longer than them so they just kick us going cheater!! or saying u use melee to much or u use beams to much or u block to much or u teleport to much

Vassago

V
Im sick and tired of people complaining about melee....

"everyone spams it"

Well, yea, but you know what? If there was no melee, people would only be spamming energy attacks. Would that be fun? No.

The melee system is in it's infancy, so it will only get better. In DBZ, in comparison to the amount of melee combat there is, energy attacks are almost non-existant.

Don't worry, things will get better. It's BETA1 afterall..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I go to a lot of servers and I've only been in ONE where people were shouting expletives about "melee whores." I agree with all those people who say DBZ is SO much more melee than beams. The beams that are direct hits in DBZ are the ones that end the fight. And DBZ is about long fights... hell, the frieza battle lasted 2 weeks or something (i mean 1 episode per day). I don't wanna do some light, slow little melee, and then after 15 seconds get into some giant PS. if you ask me there's more skill in melee than there is in beams.

Most of the time I melee people, hit them with ki blasts while they're on the ground, and then detonate the massive ki blob with a generic beam. (Whoever though of that ki blob thing, you're a damn genius!!!)I really don't PS a lot (I play as trunks. Sucky PS'er.) I try to spice things up and block struggle a lot. Hell I use the burning attack a ton, and it's pretty damn terrible. I use finishing buster to take pot shots on people standing still. That seems like the role of beams right now. Melee finishers (which is what they are in the show) or just SSJ goku hiding in the corner of an ffa, doing a fully powered kamehameha into a group of melee'ers and watching them all disintigrate. But hell if you didn't see him, that's your fault anway.

I have the utmost faith in the team to make this already great game even greater, so I won't go into lengthy detail about suggestions; I bet they have their plan mapped out already, and some insignificant forum dweller like me isn't going to change anything. I'm sure that plan is gonna be gold anyway.

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
indeed everyone has no faith in the team and thinks with out constant flows of input they will ruin the mod

so please people give the team some credit they know what there doing
i fully agree with you:yes:

Best answers
The ESF team members vary with differences, I am sure one of the beta testers told them the same thing, "Less melee! More beams!" So they probably fixed it and now its how it is. So this system is actually pretty easy to use beams and melee, just counter your opponent!

Best answers
HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY THIS!

all the people that complain about melee JUST SUCK AT IT...

its like people who play cs and get owned and go OMG CS IS *** FULL OF CHEAP PEOPLE I HATE THIS GAME just because they suck at it.

i have yet to find a challenge in someone that isnt a team member/ tester, and i love the melee

Best answers
give a thought for people like me on 56k, we cant do a melee, then quickly fire off a ki attack because o the delay in weapon change and beam charge

(hint to developers: any chance of client-side weapon changes?)

oh and melee is doubly worse on 56k, cos of the latency, us 56k'ers need super reflexes to teleport/block in time - so the next time u r on a server and someone with a 200 ping has a high score, congratulate him!

...yea im biaed against u LPB's. and french people. (can i say that?)

Best answers

i play on 56k pings alot and i can still own it up with melee, you just need the skills.

learn to play before you complain

Best answers
You just need to know how to counter melee

They should make beams more powerful though and melee struggles.

Scruffie

S
I think the main problem is that everyon is busy doing something else, like beating on someone, when this annoying **** pops out of nowhere and melees you to the ground.

Easily solved if melee was a little bit more involved.

Look, you knew that melee was coming out, and you probably knew that it would be the popular thing. So quit whining now when you shoulda done it then.

Best answers
Originally posted by Duece
hell no melee is needed more than beams is, melee is too easy to use and even though its kind of cool its kind of plain it needs combos and other stuff and smash hits which we use now should be made harder to use. And beams dont take long to make so thats not much of a prob. Melee is cool but it should require more kill not just click click and an occasional q. I dont understand why people complain that its too hard its actually too easy.
you can do combos, you just have to be good.
In my opinion, the melee needs tweeking, but is awesome the way it is. half the time i see guys sitting up in the corner doing sb's, and without melee being the way it is, i could never stop that or make them pay dearly for using that. I love it.

BTW, my two cents about improving the melee it that if two guys charge at each other, it results in a melee power struggle where the two throw punches and kicks at each other, but game wise it operates just like a blocking ps. If you win, you smash the opponent. The longer the struggle, the more hp you both lose.

^_^

damn, that's already been suggested, more than once

Mystic-ROsHI

M
Why would you care what people put on these poll's?! MORON'S?
These are all opinions.. and my opinion is that if you dont care about esf or dont play esf dont waist your time in this place;(

Best answers
Originally posted by sonic834

i play on 56k pings alot and i can still own it up with melee, you just need the skills.

learn to play before you complain
dont give me that, nerd. im only play ESF casually

...anyone with a 4 figure post count needs to get out mroe

Best answers
dont know if this has been sayd before, BUT IM SAYING IT NOW

you know in certain arcade like games you get stunned or something if the opponent hits you quickly several times in a row, hows about doing that for ESF, only now you drop out of ssj or something

Best answers
not all people with a 4 figure post count are bad, Hibiki Rox, and anyways, I play on a really ****ty comp too, but I already found a cure for it..
I make a game called "Beam Wars (No Melee)" and as soon as its made, i set the Mp_nomeleehittime from 2.0 seconds, to about 6000 seconds, thus, no melee to worry about after you've been hit once, its loads of fun, and its not that I lack skills in melee, or that i have a piece of crap computer (which i do btw) but, I just really think the beams are done very well, and i don't wanna let them goto waste, and when i'm playing, I always have a blast(literally)

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this was interesting to read. Alot of people complaining about melee. well, just vary yourself of melee and beams, but if the other person only uses one thing, just attack someone else. you dont always have to battle someone who does the same thing over and over. I see people using melee like crazy, I just let them fight who ever they want and I go kill someone else :)

I like melee the way it is. Knowing how and when to attack it the challenge of it. I like it the way it is. But later on, we'll have combos :) long animation combos I believe? hopefully a melee powerstruggle, who ever wins kicks the guy across the level? I have know idea what we're gonna do but melee is still early in developement and for you people who missed the posts before joe said he's only gonna implement BASIC melee. not advanced melee where all hell breaks loose ;) but for now, just have fun for what you have.

Best answers
I like melee but its just keep went someone doesnt even let you stand for 2 second without knocking you 100 feet in the air. I am not so good at countering it maybe thats why im *****in but please reduce something on it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the problem is instead of figureing out how to dodge more than 1 person at once everyone just goes off saying melee sucks

if a 3 person melee rumble is too much fall back and lob some beams

whineing about melee isnt gonna make them change it because its good people just have no experence in handeling the battles... yeah sure they understand the system but knowing how to use it and putting the knowlage to good use is compleately differnt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom