Best answers
Take some more pics in different places and use the unsmoothed texture.

Best answers
i think u need to reverse the verteces. :S so that all those black spots go away and im guessing thats the hair? o_O

Best answers
:)

That thing on the bottom there is the start of his neck.

Best answers
***Critics are appreciated, even if they are negative but please give your reason for your comment.***

This is a roughdraft of his right side. It will probably look much better then this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
um do u realize when u finish it all it will be like 5000 polies?

Best answers
+++++++++UPDATE++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The model is near completion!!! The side back and front are done. The hair is being worked on and perfected, and will be skinned soon! Hang on there!

Best answers
Ummm I know u love DBZ (cuz your sn) but i think Mistery X is right. Oh ya and soccer is right too, half-life can't take 5000 polies >,< (don't mind me if i'm wrong)

Best answers
I am remaking the model and taking out tons of pollies because of that. But the model will not loose its quality.

Best answers
first tthat's pretty good, i still u should do what mistery x told ya(the one u pretended not to read)

Bolteh2

B
sorry to say (or think) this, but if you ask me, you just overlay a ref pic with vertexes, so you have 2 2D vertex ovelays (side and front) thats not how modelling works :S (unless you want a 2d dbz game ...)

you should shape the polies, anyway, how i see thats its flat:
- the arms, where the arm is round (cylinder shaped) the polys should have an edge, what you did is just make 1 poly from left to right = flat, 2D
- there isnt even 3D in the wireframe (normally there is :p)

unless ur planning to move each and every vertex to its good position ... but thats very very very VERY *****y to model :) it takes to much time to do it

btw, the pic with the black looking model, i think you connected the vertexes of the side view with the vertexes of the front view? and didnt do face turning =p
and than you have the flat 2D hair pic, where there isnt even shape in, just some flat bunck of polies :S

anyway, sorry, but this isnt modelling, its drawing :/

Best answers
how about post what you have in the prespective view .. so we can judge.

to be honest this doesn't seem 3d at all to me.

not trying to put you down, but rather seeing if you're doing it right, and if not will try to help you as much as possible :)

Best answers
unless ur planning to move each and every vertex to its good position ... but thats very very very VERY *****y to model it takes to much time to do it

That's what I wanted to write! *g*

umm dude. that pic is 1D. its only the front

Not correct. 1D would mean no height or no weidht, while your "pics" are 2D: They have a height AND weidht. You would do be able to see a 1D thing try it: Make a face in MS3D and look at it from the side: In some positions you won't see it ;)

Best answers
k whatever dude, what im trying to say is that its only the front. The sides and back are not attatched

Best answers
OMG..

Were to start.. first B4 u try to model would help if you read a tut.. at least one that is.. and secound that is not the way to make a polly by polly model.. u need to think about death as you go along.. and add a doble layer at leasat around the edges so u can drag them back to give it a kinda 3d effect. so basicly atm you are wasting your time.. also learn how to reverce face's.. black face's every were is anoying! and also.. if your wanna read a tut.. go to www.polygods.com nice milkshape tut's there.. hope i helped and o god please dont try it that way again.. O_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom