💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf_grandkai

This is my new map :D. My site is still being fixed but it works thats all that matters. If the pictures don't work then I will try to post a new link, just tell me. Sorry for the hoverbuttons they won't freakin stay the same distance apart :cry:

Anyways here is the link

Map Images

Follow the links to see the pictures :D

Best answers
its ok. i can't remember what grand kai's arena looks like, but i think the textures need some work. where you've used the 50's lab wall from halflife, i think it needs to be scrolled so the wood is on the bottom part of the wall, not the middle. and maybe some creative lighting, eg fire(torches), dimmed lights, no lights etc.

Best answers
yeah...bob (the builder) is right!
there is no lightning and these walls suck!
If you stretch em they'll probably look too...ahm...stretchy!
and youve got to add more sides to the cylinders, like 8 or somethin. then they'll look better!

btw...bob, your avatar is really disgusting!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright I will try to fix them but is there a better wall texture that I could use or do I just have to stretch it. Sorry for asking this but how do you stretch o_o. For the lighting, do I have to just add lights or do I have to take away the "big" light then add little ones?

Best answers
as for the lightning you can take a "light_environment", that one would make a natural lightning. and you could use some "light" for those tunnels.
To stretch textures youve got to select the "texture application tool" on the left side --> a smaller window will appear.
then youve got to select the side of a brush you want to stretch.
after doing that, the properties of the selected face(side of the brush) will appear in the new window!
now, youll have to click on the fit button so the texture will be stretched to the size of the face.
but if you do that on your tunnel walls, the x-scale value will be much higher than the y-scale value (cuz your tunnels are pretty long) and that sux!
so you just adjust the x-value to the y-value!

mkay? if you didnt understand that, then its probably my fault, because of my lack of english knowledge!! :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you mean by cylinders
got to add more sides to the cylinders, like 8 or somethin. then they'll look better!
\

Do you mean my pillars? If not... o_o

Best answers
I say it looks pretty neat to fight in DM style. But yea the textures need to be able to fit nicely. Making the textures A little bigger also improves the rate ;)

Best answers
There is a website that may be of great help to you, it helps me a lot when im stuck or need advice, its called: The Handy Vandal's Almanac. If you open up your worldcraft help file, and go to www reference, there is a link there. The Handy Vandal site has tutorials and explanations of pretty much everything on Half-Life editing and more. So check it out:]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright Ill check that out. I am sizing down my map alittle maybe that will help. Ill see what that site can help me with :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last night I did:

-Made house smaller
-Redo textures (nulling)
-Make sure the wood was on the bottom
-Made sure nothing is overlapping (huge problem there, hope I got it all)

Things I need to do:

-Lighting
-Put the entities back on
-Finish the interior of the house
-Put stairs back in

Still got a lot to do, but its MARCH BREAK!!! So I can find some time. :D

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hmmm I cannot see the images for the map...the link is down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not done yet lost soul I still have to fix some things. But the house is coming together :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for double posting, but I am having a problem :cry:. I tried to compile my map and it didn't have enough memory. Is this because I added the light_environment? Because before this it only took 30 seconds to compile. Oh and why did you want me to stretch the tunnel again (I did do it) but I didn't see the problem with it.

Oh and Magus, try again I was updating it maybe thats why. It should take you to my site... if you were expecting a picture.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is more like esf_kami, big.

I did update it and I have pictures but I need suggestions on:
1. Under the roof texture
2. Side of the stairs texture
3. Reducing my r_speeds (still very high like 3000 wpoly)

Check my site for updates.

My Site

Best answers
yes, those pillars are better!!! :yes:
mmmh...let me guess, these are cs_italy textures under the roof, right?
oh, this thingy with the tunnel textures was my fault: dont know why, but I automatically thought these 50s lab textures were also on the tunnel walls!!! sry

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
As long i can remember this arena was on a round flying island (rock) in "Space" and the ceiling was a biiiig dome. The texture of this dome was like grey squares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom