Best answers
read the ZHLT helpfile:

Bad surface extents:
This is typically caused by having extremely large scales on faces, (typically far above 10, usually 100+). Otherwise it almost always shows up on a 'check for problems' in Worldcraft as a 'texture axis perpendicular to face' error.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't come up as a problem though, I have some other problem when I check for problems: Solid Entity (button_target) is empty and the same thing but (func_breakable). I didn't get a help file with mine :(.

Best answers
if it says its empty its not there, which confuses me, but just select go to error and press delete. that usualy fixes it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright that is solved, now to check on the texture problem...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay I have it up and running again but my r_speeds just won't go down. Since I am still new to r_speeds I am nut sure which things lag the game. Although I know some. These could be giving me a problem

-Planets (lots of poly's)
-The New Light textures (inside the house is lagging now)
-The Stadium lights (as in the brush)
-The flickering light (although I was told light didn't lag still...)
-The amount of steps I have one the stands (12 instead of 3 big ones)

If you can help me cut down on stuff I would appreciate it

Best answers
Here's some suggestions.

Try scaling up some of your textures. This will reduce the amount of polygons needed to render certain surfaces. Be careful, this might make some textures look ugly and misalign other textures.

Also, some nifty hint brush usage might help out a bit. I can draw up a few example images when I get home.

Here are a few links to tutorial relating to hint brushes and reducing r_speeds:

Advanced R_Speeds Control

Hint Brush Tutorial

Polygon Reduction Methods

Hope all this helps :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay thanks for the information. So if I understand correctly you just make joints func_wall's right? Or everything?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have not had much time to update my map, but here and there I have done a couple of things. I just need your input now.

Should I do that? Do you have any suggestions?

Should I thicken the side of the light?

Is this high enough for you guys?

Do you know how to make the underneath of the pillars become lighter?

*EDIT* I spelt two as tow sorry wasn't paying attention

All my rooms have are 1 table and 1 light, should I put back the couch or maybe a chair?:rolleyes:

Best answers
rooms need a lot more stuff in them, it looks like its being renovated or sumfino_O come on! this is the grand kai's place! luxury....lots of furniture....you get the idea:p

Best answers
The textures are a big big.....
But it looks cool :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew I had to add something in the room, my big focus was on the lights. Do they look okay or not?

*EDIT* I changed the lights it is in the first link.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay I finished the light and added a bed in the room. I tried a TV stand but it was taking too long to fix the coplar plane issue so I deleted it all together. All I need to do now is a couch in each room and reduce lag and it will be out.

**EDIT** I added the bed now for the lag reduction and under the pillars is black still... should be out for 1.1, whenever that is ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom