💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remembered it as a black wall with white grout (or the stuff that goes in between the tiles), but they didn't have that texture so I had to make due with just black.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean the sky right? Well if you do I looked for it and couldn't find it in the esf wad, but if you know where it is or if you can give it to me...

Best answers
there is no sky wad in the esf directory, just start up wally, make a new wad texture and name it sky. just colour the texture a blueish color, it doest realy mater. When you use the sky brush in hammer editor, you have to go to map properties and enter the sky name (check esf /gfx/env/ directory for skys). you only enter in the name. there will be a few of the same name ones with 2 letters added on the end (ft, lf, rt, up, dn, bk) dont type those in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks B0B. It works and it makes my wpoly go down o_o. It is, at its highest, 1254 at average 900-1000 YAY (its only 1254 at 1 place in the map). But my epoly is too high. 1800 average most of the time higher :cry:. The space sky looks wicked too. I found a couple of more pictures of the arena and mine is getting closer. I changed the grass to the namek grass to make it look more like the pictures :D. I still don't have a good view of the house... so If anyone has a good picture of the HOUSE I beg you to give it to me :D. Im going to look into the r_speeds (epoly) now. Oh and B0b, when I put my lightenvironment in and try to compile it says (after 20 minutes) not enough memory ;/ . I will be posting up more pictures on my site today (March 12).

PS. I changed my roof please comment, its like a blue tile. If you have a better roof idea pm me or post it in the thread :D.

Best answers
hmmm, well for me the light compiling generally takes a while but i dont get the out of memory thing;/ im not too sure what to do about that. maybe lower the max memory usage on your computer a bit, i dunno:S ive read stuff about it before, so like i usualy say, look around a bit and you'll find somthin on it:] also, now that you've put the sky in, it will take longer to compile. Because before, i take it you left it open space, so you had one big-ass leak, and it skipped most of the compile stages:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No it wasn't a leak it was black walls :D. So it wasn't a big ass leak. Where can I reduce memory usage on my comp? BUt then again I can't even run WorldCraft... ;( . Here is the problem: My WorldCraft...

If you can fix the problem :D. Please tell me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to double post but it is important so I will :D. I got my WorldCraft to work and am almost done my map. These are the things I need to work on:

-lighting
-stairs (think its done)
-planets

Done:

-name changed to esf_grandkai (someone else took the name already)
-Sig up (Yay uselessresponse)
-Roof changed
-Sky to space

Im going to post up pictures on my website which is in my signature.

Best answers
yo man i hope that its open soon cause i cant see it u have coming soon on it and well i would like to so get back to me thanx

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't really understand your sentence but this is the answer to what I think you said: It will be coming out soon, I just need B0b to help me with my lighting and to fix my spheres (/ME HATES THEM). Other than that it is done :D.

Oh and how do you make lights? (like office or school lights) I found the texture but how do I make it luminous?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks alot better than before, keep up the good work
clear out your pms while your at it i fixed your sig

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay I will. This is the last and final update until tommorow (or Thursday depending on my homework). Then it is released!

What I did:

-Stairs
-Bug Sweeping (caught a few ones)
-Breakable planets

Need to do:

-Making the lights and adding light entities (I need to know how to make the light texture glow)

I posted up pictures on my website you can go to it in my signature or right to the pictures HERE. Just remember I am missing the light so you cannot see the inside of the house or tunnel (too dark to take pictures :D). Be ready for it tomorrow or Wednesday depending on my homework (doubt it). All I need is someone to answer my question... ::shouts out:: "Mapper Please Help Me!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Couple things I need to change about my previous post they are:

tommorow or THURSDAY (not Wednesday)

Forgot to give the hyperlink for HERE so HERE.

Best answers
when you campare the map you first posted in here with the map youve got now
then you see that its a completely different map...what I wanna say is: looks great! good work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks alot Taxi! Yeah I did do that :D! My cousin and I looked at the map when it was first designed and then the change and I said OMFG what a difference. Thanks you guys for the help it would be a half assed map but now it is whole assed (I don't like doing half assed work). The breakable planets were easier than I thought... oh well, I still like beating on them with 5 Kamehameha's! I always do before I go back into WC to fix it :D. Anyways to stop me from ranting... it will be finished in a couple of hours but I need a host and RedSaiyan owner SpiN hasn't pm'ed me so I guess I will check my email :D.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Esf_GrandKai is Done!

It is done, finally my first map is done! I can consider myself a mapper! I have a folder with the readme and .bsp. I will post pictures up on my website because right now I am looking for a host (RedSaiyan's SpiN is not answering the PM I sent him). If you would like to host my map PM me Ill leave this on and refresh it a couple of times when I see it.

Things that are included:

-Breakable Planets and Signature
-Lots of lights (this is an arena you know!)
-GrandKai's chair
-Empty Rooms for fighting
-Can go beneath the arena to fight (it is a big space)
-Includes all modes (CTDB, Deathmatch, and Teamplay)
-Has couches and stairs
-Arena in the middle (lol don't think I needed to explain that one)
-Grand Kai's house (using pillars, 50's lab wall, and other textures)... well its more like a mansion but...

I had lots of fun making it and I hope you have lots of fun playing it. I remember way back when, when I thought I had completed it... OMG was I wrong. It is 10x better than it was before (check the pictures on my website and see the difference). I owe it all to B0B, DJ, Taxi and I guess Majin for the sky help! Oh and all the people in the forum. Oh and ESF mod makes kick ass game man! I hope you like my first map and critique it all you want... but please be nice it is my first you know. I will try to host it on my website but I can't seem to get files working from my computer. I hope that everyone downloads the map and has fun! I will be posting the same thing in ESF chat so it gets better know.

Best answers
not bad:) thats pretty good for your first map.
its fun to play on, but it trips me out in some places:p
eg. i can see the red diamonds indicating enemies in the grandstand, but they're actually in the tunnel underneath:p
and i think you should change the texture on the couches, the white is tripping me out too.....or is that the weed?:p .....:devil:
anyways, keep up the good work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks B0B

I may do another update for it just to fix things up. Other than the couch what else can I fix?

Best answers
another thing i noticed wich can easily be fixed is the max viewable distance. you might have noticed, that at the far distances away from your arena, that it starts to disappear on the horizon, and reappear when you get closer. To fix this so you can always see everything, go to the map properties in worldcraft, and i think its under the skyname, or close to it, it says 'max viewable distance' and is set just over 4000. change that value to 10000, that should be enough for most maps. all that does is render the map further when you play. with bigger maps, you need to set that value higher. This isnt a really important issue for your map at the moment, because it only happens at the very edges, and most of the action is around the arena. but if you expand the size, you'll have to do that.

other than that its all good. maybe add a few more details in the side rooms like tables, and light sources(eg lamps, torches etc)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright I just need the right couch texture... I fixed the max distance thing, thanks wouldn't have know! I know how to add tables but is there a lamp or torch shape?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom