Melee Overview Discussion

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It worked like that in 1.2, so yes.
Actually, in 1.2, if you throw someone into someone else, the person being thrown doesn't get damaged, but the person who gets hit by the person being thrown does get damaged. I assume that was a bug, though, and it was intended for both players to get hurt.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hmm im suggesting about the Grab and Smash that it will be player dependent, and not click-and-hope.(MMORPGs NOOO)

An example like that you need to aim your punches on lets say, his arms(that what holds u right? xD) but if he swoops in different directions, E.G the grabber's arms get into different place, so you need to aim it again. And if you stop hitting the right spot or missing it then the aggressor's arms get cooldown, e.g the attacker's dmg withstand bar fills up cause his arms are resting.

As well as why not a counter attack. if you press a direction plus left mouse button a sec before the grabber reaches you then you move to the direction you wanted (up, down, left,right) and makes a counter throw, e.g throwing his ass on the ground or a nearby surface.

jeaaa.

You can correct me or tell me deco you noob go lick a horse's tongue, and I will.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm im suggesting about the Grab and Smash that it will be player dependent, and not click-and-hope.(MMORPGs NOOO)

An example like that you need to aim your punches on lets say, his arms(that what holds u right? xD) but if he swoops in different directions, E.G the grabber's arms get into different place, so you need to aim it again. And if you stop hitting the right spot or missing it then the aggressor's arms get cooldown, e.g the attacker's dmg withstand bar fills up cause his arms are resting.

As well as why not a counter attack. if you press a direction plus left mouse button a sec before the grabber reaches you then you move to the direction you wanted (up, down, left,right) and makes a counter throw, e.g throwing his ass on the ground or a nearby surface.

jeaaa.

You can correct me or tell me deco you noob go lick a horse's tongue, and I will.
Well its not really "punch him to get free" Its "punch him so ge gets hurt" Each punch = HP damage for him. So its the other players choice how much HP hes willing to sacrifice for that attack XD

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Actually, in 1.2, if you throw someone into someone else, the person being thrown doesn't get damaged, but the person who gets hit by the person being thrown does get damaged. I assume that was a bug, though, and it was intended for both players to get hurt.
I dont think either of them gets damaged. I think damage only happens if they hit a wall, ground, or roof which is the case most of the time.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ren is right. No damage is delt unless a mapped obstacne is hit ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still think the person getting thrown doesn't get damaged, but the person who gets hit by someone thrown does.

Best answers
I only hope that characters will be balanced. You now that Goku can go up to SSJ3 that means that he got 3 transformations well what about Trunks will he have 3 transformations like SSJ, USSJ and SSJ2.What about Gohan how much transformations will he have.In episodes he didnt go further than SSJ2.Will you make him go to mystic like this SSJ, SSJ2 and Mystic.And Vegeta he should have SSJ, SSj2 and Majin SSJ2. I only want to say that every character should have same number of transformations and thats 3 transformations max, except if you dont put SSJ4 for Goku and Vegeta and that would be stupid cuz all other characters would be weaker than Goku and Vegeta. so guys what do you think?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No GT no weird transformations.

Trunks has 2 transformations, Goku has 3 transformations. We will use other factors to balance it out.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How will ginyu team be balanced to other characters? The androids have very nice attacks and cant be detected on the radar so those 3 are no problem balancing. But the ginyu team isnt known for many special attacks. The captain him self couldnt handle goku in normal form.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ginyu has body swap, plus 4 buddies in his arenal, all with their own stats and attacks.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he does have 4 buddys, but you can only use 1 at a time and neither of them is actually stronger than him. What attack will Burter have? I dont know any exept for that blue ball. Burter was known has the fastest in the team so maybe you could give him a 5 second swoop boost?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Burters stats will make him one of the fastest characters in the game, that'll be what makes him unique, plus buddies may only be active one at the time, but they have advantages in melee, they have their own health bars and they aid you in certain situations, not only that but if your buddy dies, you can replace the buddy with another, when you have the appropriate pl, you will have 4 buddys to choose from, you only have 1 of each buddy each lifetime, and if you die without a buddy activated you die. Plus there's always body swap if that ssj3 goku's giving you so much trouble :p

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow, he seems stronger than any character now...except the part of boddy swapp. I never managed to hit a player in 1.3 final beta with that attack, even if I grabed him and crushed him on the floor, he would still run before the attack got to finish. I'm sure u guys are all over that ;)

Nice job.

Best answers
what about technics? like when Goku use full Kamehameha wave on Trunks Burning attack and both Goku and Trunks have lets say 5000000 ki will they have same chance of wining or will as always Goku win? so what is it?

Best answers
I was reading all your posts and i didn't figure it out is melee system in 1.3 going to be almost same to 1.2 ....BTW it would be nice to make something like when u press mouse1 to gave a enemy pounch and mouse2 kick and to we can make combos of various types (like in DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3)...;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was reading all your posts and i didn't figure it out is melee system in 1.3 going to be almost same to 1.2 ....BTW it would be nice to make something like when u press mouse1 to gave a enemy pounch and mouse2 kick and to we can make combos of various types (like in DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3)...;)
Thats only possible with 2 important conditions:
1 slower speed. Face it Budokai games are a lot slower in gameplay compared to ESF.

2 no lag. In ESF you will be at a gigantic dissadvantage at allready round 200 ping. And thats using the semi real time system. Change the system to full real time like in budokai games and youll end up mashing your mouse buttons like crazy and still not be able to hit anything.

But if you want to compare the new system to something then compare it to ESF 1.1 Since we took that system and upgraded it while compleetly scrapping the 1.2.3 advanced melee system.

Best answers
During the head-on collision effect, it'd be nice if things at dat moment will depend on the amount of power-level one has, and maybe if we turn on the turbo then it'd provide a boost helping us win over the opponent. And some particle and aura effects wud heighten up things...whaddya say guys???

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
During the head-on collision effect, it'd be nice if things at dat moment will depend on the amount of power-level one has, and maybe if we turn on the turbo then it'd provide a boost helping us win over the opponent. And some particle and aura effects wud heighten up things...whaddya say guys???
That would mean the stronger player allways wins and if you join 10 minutes to late youll allways loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom