Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
lool, the problem of the melee is that the passive player will always win :\ . You must only block the attack from the enemy, and in the time he attack you, you must go out from block and melee him back :S . Thats not cool, make a new melee system like this, but not the same^^. The aktiv player should win, not passive!:D Because the better player is always the aktiv player and i am a very aktiv player but i lose VS. passive players and thats nooooooot cool!:fight:

Best answers
Pasive player almost always loose dont know why ur saying this....

All u need to do is tele to them(not swoop) tele back. Yes its easier said than done, but when u get the hang of it, blockers are only digging thier own grave. You can always just fire beams at them too...

Best answers
i can block two guys when they can are meleeing me and hit them both

i can do melee perfect but don't like meleeing for the whole time :no:

so i quit esf i'm not playing anymore

i'm playing svencoop and stuff and a little bit CS and swarm

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
the whole melee system makes fun to play, but not during the entige match ... and if you have a high ping .. cou cant play coz of too much melee .. u cant target them or cant change the direction fast enough ... it really should be changed ...

Best answers
The mod is head burning and big big big but online fight with the melee is so lol in LAN its ok but online you never kick or punch an enemy like a bug please patch it

its makes so no fun online :(

Best answers
Ok I didn't read the posts from the 2nd to the last one, so if someone already mentioned it, sorry.

The melee system should work like this:

primary fire: gives normal punch. no swoop crap. the normal punch doesn't knock them back, and they can counter it with another normal punch, so that the melee fights start looking like the parts in the show where two char's start flailing punches at eachother at close range, where their fists are blurs going at eachother, and it's all really fast like.

secondary fire: swoop if not close enough, hard punch if close. This will be like the current melee system, where you have to click once to swoop and again to punch. Knocks the enemy back just like it does now.

there's my suggestion. again sorry if a million other people already made the same suggestion, but I just couldn't help myself. :D

Best answers
I like that idea, but then what button would we use to recover from being knocked back? I'm sure people have mentioned this too but I think the animation for the melee could be better.

Best answers
um if someone is playing passive and always blocking you just hafta not attack until you get behind them. "oh but they keep looking at me" move faster, play better.

Best answers
for the recovery, uhhh...
well, I forget what button it is currently, but it probably doesn't need to change, since you can't attack anyway while being knocked back (freeing all the buttons so one can be used to recover.)

V'

Best answers
The only thing that needs to be changed is when you have a stronger pl and the person you melee blocks,it should at least slow down his movements or something.Also,if you have turbo on and your really at a high pl and someone blocks when you hit,the block should automaticaly(sp?) come down and cant be put up for at least 1 or 2 seconds.Yes, I do realize that when you block all the damage isint absorbed.

Best answers
It's a nice mod except i never meleed b4. Doh!!
My game is keep crashing if i charge (or some1 else) spirit bomb.

I dont know if Windows Xp gotta do with it but eh... tell me why it keeps crashing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by -稍H-
It's a nice mod except i never meleed b4. Doh!!
My game is keep crashing if i charge (or some1 else) spirit bomb.

I dont know if Windows Xp gotta do with it but eh... tell me why it keeps crashing
use opengl or d3d
and it´s not always xp

Best answers
I love the melee system. I was in a server the other day, and people would try to melee me but you just have to learn how to dodge/teleport... it's fun ! oh well. great work on the mod guys.

Best answers
i think melee should have a longer recovery period once your life becomes low, that way after a long fight, when someone with low life gets knocked down, their opponent can finish them off with a beam, i think that style is true to the dbz series, since deaths are usually one big final attack, not just a lucky hit

it would also be a good idea to have a minimum block time, so that way if you press block and the enemy doesnt swoop, you're stuck like that for around 2 or 3 secs, it would bring new strategies into the melee system.

one last thing, although melee is cool, there doesnt seem to be much continuous hand to hand going on, its just swoop hit swoop hit. adding something where if both people swoop then they occassionally get stuck in a fist fight, or if someone blocks then the other can keep on throwing punches would be good i think. these are just quick opinions and theyre not perfect, i think they would just be alot of fun, and more visually impressive.

Best answers
I like the melee system, but there are changes to be made... but then again just about everyone covered them anyway o_o

It took getting used to... and stuff but its fun now!
i just hate getting into a server and everyone will melee then just 1 person will be a butthead and go beam, blowing everone skyhigh... buy the time i see him and go to try to melee i am toasted or whatever, meh!

Anyway yea its cool :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom