Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Best answers
how can you "play esf like dmz"? just wondering.

i like your sephiroth thing. one winged angel.

Best answers
Well. DMZ, as it is now, is more focused on non-melee. Unless someone just hyper punches then drills you with a Kameha (Hmmm... That sounds strangly similar to...) *Ahem* Anyways, seeing as Hyper punching is so incredibly easy to counter with a single move (That's actually a bug. o.0) it's mainly discredited agenst anyone that has played more than a day or two.

The preference is somewhat bias'ed seeing as I did fairly well in DMZ. -_- It's just hard to melee in a slideshow, y'know?

Best answers
the melee is great and for a minor bug like not scooping in once and a while it is great

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
I've never read about your PL increasing slower because you transform before
it does PL gain is based on the difference between PL's against the amount of damager delt an extremely effective system for balancing gameplay

Best answers
yeah, if you take out someone (or even hit someone) with a much higher PL than yours, you get a lot more PL than some n00b with 600,000 PL. Also, if you get too far above all the others in the server, you start loosing PL with each death (one of the probs with buu is that when you start off, everyone is gaining PL with each death BECAUSE of your high PL, and you are loosing PL with each death BECAUSE of their low PLs)

Also, if i make a server, or i feel like ()|/\| |\| ! |\| 9 some botz, i always type 'mp_nomeleehittime 0.001' or something in the console, to make it so thaty you can hit people again straight away rather than having to wait 2 secs - the default (you can swoop after them and whack them as they are flying thru the air, which requires some skill and makes melee A LOT more interesting)

Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
yeah, if you take out someone (or even hit someone) with a much higher PL than yours, you get a lot more PL than some n00b with 600,000 PL. Also, if you get too far above all the others in the server, you start loosing PL with each death (one of the probs with buu is that when you start off, everyone is gaining PL with each death BECAUSE of your high PL, and you are loosing PL with each death BECAUSE of their low PLs)

Also, if i make a server, or i feel like ()|/\| |\| ! |\| 9 some botz, i always type 'mp_nomeleehittime 0.001' or something in the console, to make it so thaty you can hit people again straight away rather than having to wait 2 secs - the default (you can swoop after them and whack them as they are flying thru the air, which requires some skill and makes melee A LOT more interesting)
Ok, i wondered why when I was playing sometimes I would finally get to my transform level and then when I die i couldn't transform anymore. And your PL increases even by the number of blows you do on people? That's good because I hate it when you melee someone 4 or 5 times then someone swoops in and gets the kill. I thought they were stealing my PL increases by doing that.

And I have to remember to set the melee hit time down cos that is sweet knocking people around while htey are still flying.

Best answers
well heres my opinion.

melee is overall good, even though getting knocked down by an incredibly stronger opponent takes awhile to get back up from, and it also sucks when the dude that kicked you stands by you waiting for you to get up, only to get knocked around like a ragdoll again.

its nice in the sense that its fast, effective AND you can still block it, trick your melee freaks to swoop on you, you block, and kick them back in the face. its very well balanced, you just need to be smart about what you can you to avoid melee, do melee well etc.

and i DO see my great deal of beams being shot everywhere (beams take out of person very easily if they are around the same plas you), melee isnt the only weapon around you know ;). im also happy that when you have having a Power struggle, in the next beta1.1, you wont be able to get melee'd out of it, thank god.

keep it up, maybe make melee abit more varied, in the sense that you can maybe have a melee fight withought kicking the guy imediatly, maybe let the two guys have afew punch at eachother and then whoever clicks the fastest, or has the corsshair on the dudes face, legs whatever punches them in the leg or face, thus knocking him out. that would make it PERFECT!

Best answers
after taking like an hour to read all the post i would have to say i do like the melee system but a little tweaking here and there would be nice cause whenever i am flying at a person and they are comeing back and we meet i always lose even if i have a higher power level so idk why that is but anyway it is a good system and the base of it is good the only problem is n00bs who sit and ***** when you are good at it but oh well nice job

Best answers
I like the melee very much and i think they should keep it the way it is unless they can make it cooler. Also I've noticed that people do use beams a lot especially on the map Battle Arena its a big map so before some 1 melees you you blast em'! Thats just the way i see it happening, and btw i voted to keep melee the way it is.:D

NoX

Best answers
IF you keep getting beat up with melee you should practice more and use block, beams are usefull although the speed when you attack in a lock. should be 40 % slower, else what good does turbo do...

for the rest no whining get skills and go play

ESF RULEZ!

Best answers
it is ok but it leads to alot of spam against you, I think there should be a option in the server creation to have melee or not that would satisfy most people I would love to play a non-melee server with just beams

Best answers
It doesnt need to be changed just expanded and made a lil more difficult to use when trying to ***** slap people across the map.

Best answers
I think the melee is perfect the way it is, although it is slightly buggy in the boost and hitting department, where it just sometimes locks out, and you have to zanzoken to get it working again, but overall its very much like the show, its awesome, the beams are fine too. Its by far the best dbz game ive played :D keep up the good work

Best answers
I think that melee is okay........but I suck at it so whenever i go to use it on someone i get murdered. Some people only use melee and therefore have mastered it so there is no competion against them which sux.

Best answers
The Melee System is almost perfect.

This is a Dragonball Z mod if im correct and in dragonball z most fights ARE melee based. Yes there are some ki blasting fights buts its mostly melee.

I would like to see some additions to the melee system.
Probably more fighting animations instead of just knock them up or down by a punch or side kick.

I think it would balance things out if melee took 25% ki or something along the lines. I mean im experienced in using melee but some people will melee you and if u block they teleport RIGHT after they miss the shot at you and charge u from the back. Also is it me or some people seem to pull a "block" than most others?

Overall melee is good but it would balance things if you can prolly do a max of 4-5 melee attacks till ur ki runs out.
Good thing too if you can add some more things into this melee system to make it look funner. Being able to pummel some1 like they do in the show would be nice n fun if the coders are able to do so if not then thats cool cuz they put enough hard work in this mod.

Best answers
bah nononono, no way should melee cost a quater, it already costs a bucket load to boost. if it should cost anything it should be one pixel off the ki bar. its better melee orientated. i just hate the people who block loads. should be a cost on blocking imo. but not loads

Best answers
i dont think it should cost ki i was thinking of something more along the lines of like a mortal kombat type melee system with a kick button and a punch button and when ever you try to hit someone like the melee is now(they just get slut slapped across the map) like you should have to hold the clicker until a little bar at the bottom meats the mininum requirement for hitting them and depending on how far you let the bar fill up, it will determine how much damage and how far they get tossed.

Best answers
Bleh everything.

2 words and these r the only things that need to be included IMO.

Melee Struggles. :]

Best answers
I agree, you don't see a character with a PL of 1 mil kicking the crap out of a character with a PL of 50 mil, it impossible...

Best answers
Most people who complain about melee are the "snipers" general public thinks the melee system is PERFECT, just add Melee (punches and kicks) combat to it (struggles i guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom