How many of the people on these forums still play ESF (not the openbeta or any addon)

Do you still lay ESF

• Yes Everyday

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Yes, Once a week or a few times a week

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Not anymore. Used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 38 52.8%

• Total voters
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He plays this game 60/12 (60 hours a day, 12 days a week). It isn't that he's inexperienced. He just doesn't want anything to change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he can enjoy the game as it is, then that's fine, however I and many others do not share those sentiments. I like my games to have a little more strategy, a little more freedom in choosing how to respond to situations. ESF 1.2 is fairly limited in this, as people who want to win use tactics that deal the most damage, and as such, practically force you to play in kind. At least that's my take on it, speaking from experience. I'm sure others who feel that they're good at 1.2 and can rack up enough kills with the same weak tactics time and again are satisfied with the game, but I choose not to stoop to such a level of repetitiveness.

Now, I'm not saying the Team made a horrible game. Far from it. It's just that their design choices had unfortunate and unpredictable results. The system is too limited. Thankfully, 1.3's gameplay should expand greatly upon 1.2's and scrap the things that didn't work. And even if 1.3 ends up being disappointing, it isn't the end of the world. I'll thank them for their effort and then go play something else.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
First of all , I dont play "60/12" , though I used to be such kind of guy 2 years ago.
shiyojin, lets make one thing clear..
I didn't mean, in any way or around, to offend you..
[My Israeli aggressive personallity just follows me everywhere.. :p]

now, as I said, it really depends how you define "pros" and who are the "pros" in your eyes.
it is true that [3hit+beam] is a big damage movement,
but You'll find it hard going [3hit+beam] on "proffesional players".
correct me if you're wrong, are you from the US?
in the EU, we play without beams, and we go to 4 hit combos as long as it doesnt use the exploit.
You should try playing different kind of people. different styles.
before saying that you're saying.
I cant totally disagree with you , it can become quite boring [Believe me, I know..]
I've quited this game 100 times for "Not having a challenge"

I honestly believe, that the ONLY thing that should be changed is the speed in 1.2
if 1.2 had speed added, the gameplay would be extremely different.
Yes, I did play 1.1, I know how it is.
I can clearly tell you now, 1.1 is NOT better than 1.2.
there should just be a small "Fusion" between 1.1 and 1.2.
that should create the "perfect 1.3"

Akatsuki.Clan :: Kai

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Congrats. You've just restated in your last paragraph what everyone else has been saying since 1.2 was first released, except without all of the details.

But I realized long ago that it would take a lot more than simply "speed" or combining the two versions to create a game that'd make burned out players like myself return to ESF and/or retain new players.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Looks like you have something personal with me?
hmmm let me think....
oh~
maybe
its
because
of
THIS!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You fought my girlfriend? What the hell man?

Anyway, you obviously don't know how to make ESF a great game, and it's obvious that you're afraid of change, which is why you're avoiding 1.3 like the plague. You can turn this into a you vs. me (and apparently my girlfriend) type of thing, but it doesn't change anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nowadays, i started playing esf again, got my ass kicked while playing ecx, now i'm training in normal 1.2 again, to challenge ice-x in to a mighty duel! xD
anyways, now i play like at least 2-3 hours a day or so.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm not avoiding 1.3, im avoiding open-beta releases.
when 1.3 beta will be released, i'll GLADLY play it..
and oh yeah
i fought your "girlfriend".
.................................................................................?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've already stated you're staying away from 1.3 because it's changing for the worse. Worse meaning it's changing, and will no longer be the same as 1.2.

Zeonix's Girlfriend is not one of my aliases. However, if you get your jollies from playing ESF (and I know you do) you can always challenge my daughter. She's tougher than my girlfriend.

This isn't the topic at hand so I'll leave it at that. As I said, combining 1.1 with 1.2 will not make ESF great. We, as players, have evolved, but ESF has remained at a standstill (and in the case of 1.3, gone backwards).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And I guess your friends name isnt "Zeonix" either,
and IT wasnt your "first day after 2 months"
and you DIDNT tell me you've read the "logs" to my servers?
or that sub had rcon to my servers.
actually, you cant read logs with rcon
but yeah youre right cause you also didnt say
"Just because I wasnt here doesnt mean I'm not updated"
and you also didnt say "I'll beat you in thursday"
but , I was just imagining all that, and so were drew and ren. YEP!
good job zeonix's girlfriend, YOU REALLY GOT ME THERE!...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't say that wasn't me. I said Zeonix's Girlfriend isn't my alias. I'm not my own girlfriend, although my hand would have me believe otherwise. If by September of last year you mean 2 months, then you'd be almost right. I haven't read the logs to your server and never claimed to. I said someone else was able to view what was going on in the server because he had rcon. But again, this isn't about you or me, as much as you'd like it to be. You've made this game your life, and that's awesome. I've moved on. If I'm the only person you can brag about (even then, you had to fight me after a lengthy hiatus, rather than challenge me to a rematch while I was still active. You lost to me, yeah, but you don't see me saving pictures of everything from ESF), then you'll agree that this game has become sub-standard.

I digress.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Let's invent more lies please.
I've lost to you?
Do you mean that one time in the US.West where I have 250 ping and you have 30?
do you mean that time when it was 5-5 and you kept saying "5-2" ?
I made this game my life ?
am I the one who invents lies about "reading the logs" ?
Didnt I challenge you when you were active?
"zomg soon i get my cables"
"zomg I'll fight you in 2 months"

Just face it zeonix, You're not the hotshot you're trying to be.
barely a hotdog.
since ESF Forums arent the place for these things,
I'm done with it right now,
always remember ;
-------------------------
I 10-1 you
-------------------------
Yep, Childish attitude is the best for the likes of you =)
Have a good [if you can call it that way] , "life".

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering I don't play in west, no, that's not the place. I mean the time where I was beating you, and you had to teleport inside of me. Then you claimed to not even know that exploit. Next day, I see you do the same thing to someone else. I don't believe in coincidences.

I don't have to read logs to be informed. Obtaining information from first-hand witnesses is enough.

You challenged me when I had 56k. Was I active when I had 56k? Not at all. I maintained my presence on the ZR forum, and made appearances ingame every so often. That does not constitute an active presence ingame.

Hotshot? If you believe yourself to be superior in some way because you were able to beat me in a game after me being inactive for 6 months, you're not quite as intelligent as some would have me believe. The fact that you're unable to let go of such silly vendettas only serves to let me know that I was right in labeling you immature.

Just remember, it took 6 months of inactivity to beat me, and even then you weren't able to get a perfect score. I beat you when I still played ESF, and you beat me on one of my rare trips into a server after, again, 6 months of inactivity. As I've said before, the likes of you are only "good" at ESF because everyone else has left the game. Myself included. If being "the best" in the era of nobodies gives you your jollies, you and this game's player base deserve each other.

I understand that you're madly in love with me. That's ok. Just be sure to keep your distance.

Love,

Zeonix (The person who defeated you while you were at your best)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Choose an option!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, after reading your message I had to respond.
after that time we fought in WEST yep..
the day after that.. in 6am .. I went to a school trip, for 3 days..
you know.. kinda.. kicked your coincidences theory out of the window..?

I only fought you two times over the total amount of time I've played ESF in my laugh,
one of them is the one up there in the screen shot, where I have 20 more ping than you.
and the other is when we played on west/east when i had 250 ping and you had 30, and still we had 5-5, but !, you're quite skilled in making stories up, i gotta give you that...

btw, since after all you ARE a hotshot,
why dont we just duel again.? this time with more spectators and demo?
[gimme your best excuse now!]

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silly boy can't even keep his word.

Then I suppose I just saw someone with your name, fighting like you (running) , exploiting, while talking to the usual suspects. It all happened in a very elaborate dream. It was so real! I must have entered the matrix.

We've fought 3 times. Once in a public server, twice in private. I beat you in the public server during one of those mini-duels people can't help but get into, I beat you that day you had to exploit, and then I lost 6 months after I lost my cable connection.

West/East? I thought you said we were on west? Confused now? Don't remember quite how it happened? Memory a little fuzzy, maybe? Details not so clear? We didn't go 5-5. During the match, I told you and the spectator that I was going afk. What did you do? You killed me because going afk isn't allowed! That would be crazy! That was fine. Then you exploited. That wasn't fine. Winning by any means necessary, including cheating, is never fine.

Yeah, I'm a hotshot. Such a hotshot that I haven't played in forever, which is why no one has seen me ingame. When I say something, I mean it. You could learn a thing or two from me. I'm done playing ESF. You had your chance to fight me when it mattered, and you came up short. That's fine. But at least now you can say you beat me, right? I mean, I had to not play for half a year for you to stand a chance, but at least you won!

Grow up, Kai.
[You had your chance exclamation point]

Feel free to follow me to ZEQ2, though.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
eh eh, zeonix.
even though you're quite the talker,
I had'nt been beaten in any official duel but once when saru got 10-6 on me and then i got 4-0 on him.
unlike you, I've no intentions of lying about games.
and no, I'm not the "I will do anything to win" kind of guy.
but yeah, You know what
I am the best player of ESF 1.2 , and you can break your head trying to prove i'm not.
Ya with 100 ping I do beat european pros that have 20 ping, and are 5 times better than you are.
yes with 160 ping I beat nge gon drew jinx.
to be honest, You're not even as skilled as drew is, so what the hell dude.
you're some kind of 13 years old newbie who likes to talk much.
just get over it :]
you're , a , NEWBIE :D

[ Yea , It was EAST , and it was before I got to connected to my cables, and was connected to my bro's ADSL, which gave me 250ping in east, and, if you mean the spec_mode bug to teleport into people, then you are QUITE the noob after all.
after using spec_mode bug, you cant hit people.. you cant just keep swooping after they died or block or anything.
youre a SPECTATOR.
ZOMG HERE GOES ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR THEORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!ONE!!!
another thing
if you really believe that fights in public, while in the US where my ping is seven times yours, are such fights you can say "I beat you"
then you're seriously a sad person.
]
Love & Respect
Akatsuki :: Kai

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom