How many of the people on these forums still play ESF (not the openbeta or any addon)

Do you still lay ESF

• Yes Everyday

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Yes, Once a week or a few times a week

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Not anymore. Used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 38 52.8%

• Total voters
Best answers
I still do. And atleast 3 times a week. And never get bored of it. Maybe I will eventually, that'll prolly be when I decide to delete the 20.3 GB of DBZGT stuff I have and also when pigs fly and the Nobel prize people give out prizes for the most frags in one Quake 3 Arena game. And when n00bs stop saying "lol, I LOVE this game (i.e ESF)"

EDT: Thread inspired by:
Agamemnon said:
ost people don't realize this but very, very few people who post on these forums actually play ESF on a regular basis.

I wanna find out if thats really the case.... :D
EDIT: LAN and playing on closed servers with bots and maybe 1 or 2 people all the time don't count.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell, *I* dont even play ESF anymore. I played because I liked the people, but most of them are gone so there's no point. Once you reach "pro", you're basically stuck. You can try to learn "new techniques", but they're really all variations of the basics. Once you realize that, you can basically determine every player's next move, so the game loses most of it's charm.

The only fun part about ESF is becoming good.

You should probably add that LAN and playing on closed servers with bots and maybe 1 or 2 people all the time don't count.

Best answers
You should probably add that LAN and playing on closed servers with bots and maybe 1 or 2 people all the time don't count.
ADDED
lol. That takes me out... I only just started playing online with 400+ ping..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason for excluding LAN players and people who just play with bots is ESF is a competitive game, and to actually compete, you need to be able to play against a variety of players. If you're just playing the same 1 or 2 people or even bots, you'll never fully understand the game, or become as good at the game as someone who has interacted with many different players.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play(ed) it. I used to play it back then alot, now i played it a month or 3 weeks ago for ecx development. though after reinstallation of Windows i might dont bother me with it to reinstall esf aswell, got alot other things to do, sadly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play it aswell, then i got too good and all the players started complaining about how i was 'scripting or cheating' except some players were better than me, it still wasn't fun to play anymore :(

Best answers
I got a friend there love ESF :) so, I sometimes go in with him and play (normaly 1-2 times a week) .. And, that's all the ESF I get to play..

Best answers
I just got a new rig and got ESF again after not playing for over a year....yeah its good to be back, but I'm pretty busy so I only play 2-3 times a week for 15 minutes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Once the open beta gets the adv. meele features in, and gets tuned up, i'll start playing again, but for now, i dont play anymore

Best answers
I still play a few times a week.

But thats starting to decline, considering most of the people on the server now are new players, which means I might as well go play against bots :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't play ESF, it's the same stuff over and over again, until the full 1.3 real deal is released, I'm not playing it.

Mog

Best answers
My internet connection is usually too unstable to play online. :(

I only really play against bots... and ocasionally I play LAN with a couple of other people... I can't remember the last time I played online.
The bots aren't as good in the open beta, personalities don't really seem to work, so I'm learning amxx to have more control over them. :)

Best answers
I stoped playing ESF a year a go, it was boaring doing the same stuff over & over again. Now i play Open Beta 2-3 times a week with bots.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I played all the time in the 1.0/1.1 days... then 1.2 came alone and I lost interest.

Now, 1.3 has me playing just about every other day... messing around/looking for bugs.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i ussed to play quite a lot. Than my PC broke and still isn't fixed yet >.<

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I used to play heaps back in the alpha days when I just quit high school, And had no direction in life, Even back then it was LAN only, Then Beta 1 was released, Which got me interested again, then 1.1 and 1.2 Were released but For some reason didn't spark my interest as much, I've always played on a lan of at least 8+ people. (We do regular LAN weekends here :) - Usually ends up being ESF/StarCraft/Diablo 2)
I tried Online play, But for me I never liked WON all that much and I despise steam in all its glory.
If I play any game online its StarCraft, Even thats become hack infested, And it seems noobs are flooding StarCraft these days.
I used to run alpha on a celery 300, 128mb of SDRAM and a 3dfx Voodoo banshee :) And it performed rather well back then! But as ESF has matured the graphics always seem to get better, Which is great considering its a modified Quake 1/2 engine (It seems as both engines were used during the development process?)

"They settled on a concept for a horror-themed 3D action game, and licensed the Quake engine from id Software.[27] Valve eventually modified the engine a great deal, notably adding skeletal animation and Direct3D support"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life

But really it brings another question... Has the game play improved as much as the graphics?

Something of interest that I wouldn't mind some implementation in the future natively in ESF: http://www.madabouthats.org/projects/cgshader

So My answer is a sorta, I will maybe give online play a shot once with every new release or once every year or so, Hoping that steam matures some more, (Or they ditch all together!).

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was forced to stop playing ESF when my Steam account was hijacked some time ago, but I've been too lazy to go, and buy another copy of Half-Life. When I still had access to my account, I would play online from time to time with ESF 1.3 Open Beta, though rarely. Prior to ESF 1.3 Open Beta, I would play online occasionally, though I think it was ESF 1.0 and ESF 1.1 that I played on a constant basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom