How many of the people on these forums still play ESF (not the openbeta or any addon)

Do you still lay ESF

• Yes Everyday

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Yes, Once a week or a few times a week

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Not anymore. Used to, but not anymore.

Votes: 38 52.8%

• Total voters

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something of interest that I wouldn't mind some implementation in the future natively in ESF: http://www.madabouthats.org/projects/cgshader

So My answer is a sorta, I will maybe give online play a shot once with every new release or once every year or so, Hoping that steam matures some more, (Or they ditch all together!).
We don't need ESF to turn into mechmod (a great looking HL1 mod that runs at 20 fps at best)

Best answers
1 - 2 hours a day

but then again I hardly post here at all

good idea for a topic tho

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
We don't need ESF to turn into mechmod (a great looking HL1 mod that runs at 20 fps at best)
It all comes down to the implementation, And the hardware. And there could always be an option to switch it off.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to play ESF, but eventually got bored. Back in the days i was like:"OMG, I basic melee is so narly", now it's more like "ESF? Oh that kick, beam, kick mod?".

Best answers
eh...i played back in the day...started with 1.0 and loved it...got to 1.1 and still liked it a lot...even tho it became an "OMG U HOWER!!1!!11" fest...and in 1.3 and its ddr thing i just lost interest...i moved on to games like COH and the like

Best answers
i play ESF every day!!!!!! the best mod ever created!!! and the 1.3 will be the best of all!!! yeahhh

Best answers
I used to play with Kama and GG, but now they don't play, neither do I :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Very rarely.

With everyone doing the same stupid moves over and over again (double hitting and lobbing kiblasts/genballs) it's gotten really boring for me.

I think I'll fire it up again sometime and check out ECX for the pretty graphics.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Very rarely.

With everyone doing the same stupid moves over and over again (double hitting and lobbing kiblasts/genballs) it's gotten really boring for me.

I think I'll fire it up again sometime and check out ECX for the pretty graphics.
Most likely, You couldn't really handle it , could you ?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Most likely, You couldn't really handle it , could you ?
How is that necessary in the least bit? Do you feel superior now that you pointed out how you can tolerate the repetitiveness of the game? You openly mocked a respected member of this game just because he voiced his opinion. For shame, for shame.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Father! Oh how I miss thee D: This means I can join ape for an hour now, right?

Honestly, at some point you have just stand back and say, "Wow. I've done the same exact thing over and over for the last hour." It was fun while it lasted, but ESF lacks diversity when it comes to....everything. Once you have the system down pat, it's a matter of who turns faster and who aims better; not Person A's strategy is superior than Person B's strategy. Why? Because you're either running or chasing in this game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly.

I'm hoping and expecting 1.3 to bring a lot more diversity to the game. So far, it's looking good, at least I think so. I know a lot of people don't agree with me on this.

Like you said, with everyone using the same tactics, it comes down to turning and aiming, and to me, that's not a fun, skill-based way of playing. I want tactics, offensive and defensive strategies like blocking and counter-attacks, a deeper combo system, all kinds of things, and 1.3 is looking to deliver on most of that.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
shiyojin, It really depends on who you're playing with..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. But the people that actually matter (IE, not noobs) are the ones who tend to use the same tactics, for the simple reason that said tactics do the most damage.

I'm guessing you just haven't played it enough yet. Otherwise, you would agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom