Esf Beta vs. Natural Selection: Who will win a larger crowd of people......first?

Should ESF Team think about releasing Beta BEFORE NS comes out?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Since NS comes out on Halloween......and Beta comes out......whenever...:S, I think some people might goto NS...and NOT come back to ESF! :\ Tell me if you like the idea ESF Team.....why don't you release the Beta.....BEFORE NS comes out? That way...more people will play ESF....and maybe you guys might end up like DoD or TFC...or something :D Just a thought. Remember....competition is a GOOD THING....if you KNOW you can win

Best answers
lol...

i will make a poll at halloween that says: Do you like Natural Selection?

there will be 2570 ppl voting yes i like it!!! it pwnz!!!

only 2 votes say no. and that will be tepus and hibiki.

Best answers
:D

hahahahahhahahahahaah that is so gonna happen

Still though I like esf and ill play both mods. No one is gonna not play esf when it comes out I mean that would just be...... somone fill in the blank

Best answers
I agree with this.......becuase if NS comes out not alot of people will be playing ESF beta 1.0

Best answers
but we have to make these facts:

- esf is dm where u kill ppl to be stronger than them to kill even more and makes huge blast and to get finally ssj

- ns is first person social strategy shooter, where the commander leads a team of marines to defeat the bad aliens.

i think that there are more ppl that play teambased games, just look at the clones of cs. there are loads for every game. so the ppl that play cs will see "ooohh improved hl engine, teambased playing, i will look at that"

there are not much games/mods like esf, so that genre isnt that well known. and often player thinks that dbz is kiddy pitty... but it isnt only about dbz, because dbz has week long fights. so if the team doesnt do any major pr thing, there will be not more than the 2572 ppl that are on this board - because no other guy knows it.

ns makes a week pr, informing all major hl sites, especially phl, where a lot of ppl are, and where are threads in the forum informing the ppl like the news on the news site that comes up when u go to that site.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is like a fine wine, Better with age. I'd say wait. NS is gonna be revolutionary either way so it doesn't really matter.

Best answers
Originally posted by Arthos Returns
ESF is like a fine wine, Better with age. I'd say wait. NS is gonna be revolutionary either way so it doesn't really matter.
u can say that wine thingy with ns too. i waited 3 years till this mod will be finally out on halloween. long working, good gaming. thats that what i think is not a mod, it is a complete game... everything is self made but the engine.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true, if they release esf earlier than they plan it will be buggy and sh1tty

Best answers
First off, we DO send stuff to PHL...they just never post alot of it for some reason. Oh well...anyways, I'll be enjoying some NS myself as will some others I know :) That and Resident Evil 0 :D

Best answers
Natural Selection will be awesome, and in my opinion will appeal to more gamers no matter what ESF does. ESF will be awesome, but not everyone likes DBZ.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMO, it really doesnt make a large difference. I mean, they are two completely different mods. NS is a strategy-FPS, while ESF is a DM/Teamplay with a unique twist (that is the dbz aspect). Therefore, there can't really be a competition.

Personally, I will enjoy both :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a matter of taste. A mod like ESF is a cult following type mod. A certain group likes it. NS will be the Thinking mans HL mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Marines - Tactical, Litsening to Command

Alien - RuN LiKe HeLl! KeEp ThOsE ClAwS MoViNg!!!

Yeah, NS will be good, but so will ESF, people will play both, and by the time ESF is released, NS will have lost some of it's intrigue. Hell, you've never played it, it could be the most boring game ever.

They will both be good and both be played. But ESF will take longer to work on and perfect so it shouldn't be released early just so they can keep fans that won't leave anyways.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would love an early release, but if it the game still has problems i'd rather they fix them first.

im not going anywhere i hope, it should be out sometime in november which is fine with me.

does natural selection have a site?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
urge to kill noob riseing........

Best answers
hah, nice try

i know you are just trying to get them to release earlier ;)

Best answers
Hey Sonic...you got to give me SOME credit.....at least im trying to think of ways :D lol, only if it worked :D

Best answers
well NS had been in making for about 2 years.......but so has ESF but we have had "sips" of ESF but we dont have a taste of NS.....its just another mod,Mastersword is a revoulitnary game for halflife but its near death sad to say (side note i made the first clan in MS) if it makes it great it will bask in the spotlight that ESF cant for obviuos reasons (funi) but its not compation but a likely sister mod to like.

just to make things clear

1.aliens are like the Ts in CS they have a goal and can go do there own things
marines:structurced team playing to rely on each other

2.the knife will do nothing,only use it for cutting yourself out of webbing

3.if you see a big rhinoces thing and your alone RUN the FOCK away but you will probly die,so just stay still and hope it doesnt see you:a level 5 onos is about as easy to destryo a train with a gun
if you dont have team members just hope it doesnt see you

4.WORK AS A TEAM,simple as that

5. if you see me in game write who you are and a short story of what you like about NS in chat ~_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom