Esf Beta vs. Natural Selection: Who will win a larger crowd of people......first?

Should ESF Team think about releasing Beta BEFORE NS comes out?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Originally posted by walhallo
I'll give it a try, Because i even liked cs once. I wonder how it will play.
And why is it important to get a big fanbase.. it could ruin a mod.(cs)

Also i think you can't compare 2 mods, you can't even compare the dbz together..
ever seen desert crisis?? cool guns, good layout of hud etc.. and u can choose weapons by yourself like firearms. but it has laggy netcode like avp2

Best answers
no they do need to, beta (when it comes out) will wipe the floor with ns.:yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im still stickin wit esf when ns comes out, just dont plan on seein me around the forums much. btw, the official guide has been released!@!!!!!@!@!

Best answers
i think ESF could attract more ppl than NS (notice i didnt say beat NS cause its not a competion) because NS has at least one basic flaw that i can see and thats one of the main factors that makes it different... the commander mode. What if u have a team of " L33t " commandos but a knob head for the commander then you could be up the guff and ppl will leave servers because theres a noob that has a fast connection and keeps getting into the command postion first. i don't know but maybe they have a defence against this eg. change commander very round.

still NS will be good but >> I << feel ESF will be better and thats what should count. what will YOU get from ESF or in fact any other mod not how many ppl will play it yadda yadda yadda.

(i hope this all makes sense :rolleyes: )

(see below) ok killa

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by AscendantSaiyan
i think ESF could attract more ppl than NS (notice i didnt say beat NS cause its not a competion) because NS has at least one basic flaw that i can see and thats one of the main factors that makes it different... the commander mode. What if u have a team of " L33t " commandos but a knob head for the commander then you could be up the guff and ppl will leave servers because theres a noob that has a fast connection and keeps getting into the command postion first. i don't know but maybe they have a defence against this eg. change commander very round.

still NS will be good but >> I << feel ESF will be better and thats what should count. what will YOU get from ESF or in fact any other mod not how many ppl will play it yadda yadda yadda.

(i hope this all makes sense :rolleyes: )
well there is a defence against stupid commanders, u can them vote off if they suck

Best answers
that's handy but personally I'd rather be out in the field than commanding because it'd be way more fun than commanding

Best answers
Originally posted by Supreme Kai
that's handy but personally I'd rather be out in the field than commanding because it'd be way more fun than commanding
then do this!!!

u dont have to command the marines team. you can bid the commander for a shotgun, then he gives it to you with ammo, and with 2 other ppl u make a patrol around the corridors...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love the commander idea, since i love Rts games and also fps, so to have a game with them toghter would be cool:shocked:

Best answers
Originally posted by Tepus
I love the commander idea, since i love Rts games and also fps, so to have a game with them toghter would be cool:shocked:
and with your thinking it plays like avp2:

it doesnt:

- improved hl netcode so even 56k ppl can play without problems
- it only has the same when marines shoot the aliens with guns, because all aliens but the skulk have ranged weapons, which the xenomorphs dont have
- you dont have a map in avp2
- no base construction stuff (u often have to cover the engineers that build siege cannons and sentry guns)

on alien side:

- there are no facehuggers
- you have resources for upgrades etc
- there are no chestburster
- hive sight where every alien can see what the team aliens see
- there is a flying alien (lerk), theres a building alien (gorge), theres a soldier alien with mainly ranged weapons (fade), theres a mass destructive elephant alien (ono, called by marines after seeing it once (oh no!!! thats a big pig), only one alien has nearly the same abilities as a xenomorph, the skulk who has mainly melee weapons, but it really doesnt look like a xenomorph
- they have no acid blood, they have eyes etc.

ok there are no smartguns, no pulse rifles with attached gren launcher, no flamethrower, etc.

even the environment isnt the same. we play on ships and space stations and sometimes on planets. but in bases with doors to be welded. and the maps are seperated in locations, for example: air locks that link the vents together.

come on, natural selection has more similarities to starcraft...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
master dorn stfu allready, i said it will play like avp, so ****ing what, grow up and stop crying about it:rolleyes:

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
what i like most of all about this scenario is

IM SHUTTIN THIS THREAD DOWN! :S

Noobus, desist with the flaming plz dewd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom