Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 -- Revolution

Best answers
It's un-believable, Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 for the N-Revolution....

April 20, 2006 - Some convincing scans of the latest issue of Japanese magazine Shounen Jump have hit the Web, and there's some good news for Dragon Ball Z-loving PlayStation 2 owners. The publication claims to have the world exclusive premiere on Dragon Ball Z Sparking! Neo, a new 3D fighter set in the famous anime universe. And guess what? It's scheduled for release on PlayStation 2 and Nintendo Revolution.

It's difficult to glean legitimate details from the blurry scans of the magazine's cover - there's not much there - but the issue does promise that Sparking! Neo will feature 100 warriors and that a "transform D" will take place in real-time, whatever that means. Obviously, the Revolution title will feature control mechanics that take advantage of the system's innovative new pointer.
Sparking! Neo appears to be a sequel to the already-released Sparking!, which is known as Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi in the US. The title, which was developed by Spike, earned an 8.2 from IGNPS2 when it debuted on PlayStation 2 last year. The game offered free-roaming action mechanics combined with a stylized fighting engine. Neo will undoubtedly continue the groundwork laid down in the first game and add in even more variety, more moves, and Revolution controller support.

We contacted Atari for comment, but the company did not return our phone calls in time for publish.

IGN would like to reiterate that all of this information comes via a couple of alleged scans. Our Japanese correspondent could not yet validate this news because the latest issue of Shounen Jump had not yet hit newsstands across the region. Bearing this in mind, we ask that readers consider this a rumor - albeit a very likely one - until we can follow-up with a legitimate confirmation.

- IGN
Highlights Of The Scans

100chracters(not counting transformation) but come on we know atari
Transformation in real time
Slug/Super 13 chracters of this month of v-jump
System's it says on the mag PS3,REVOLUTION(maybe that site has a error on its info because its spell in jap.text ps3 on the top right hand coner. - DBZONPS2 User

And oh yea...it's on the PS2 as well i guess. Anyway's, anyone looking forward to it ? I simply loved the first one and can't wait for this one. Although, it is abit dissapointing not to see it on the PS3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THANK YOU, it will be on the PS2, now I don't have to buy anything yet..

But, depending on when it comes out, I may get it for a next-gen console and it should massively surpass the first one.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh. Tenkaichi didn't have staying power, because almost all the chars. were exactly the same. It was visual eye-candy, with awkward (at least initially) controls. How would a "Revolution-controlled" version work, exactly? The Revolution controller doesn't have enough buttons, and you need precise movements for a fighting game.

In any case, I own Budokai, Budokai 2, Budokai 3 and Tenkaichi--and have been moderately dissapointed by all but Budokai 3. I won't be buying Tenkaichi Neo. Perhaps I'll rent it.

Best answers
Oh my god...It looks like the exact same game, and the first one was crappey, once you played it for at least an hour...I'm not trying to offend anyone, but Tenkaichi was probably, the most repetitive game, ever made. You do the same attacks over and over and over again...It gets so old and boring. Now to see that there is a sequel, I did like the game for a while, so I will definately try this one out, but I doubt I will like it. The game even has the same graphics, and the gameplay looks the same. It would be nice to hear if you could actually use more than one button to attack...Anyway, thanks for the information. I plan on getting the Revolution, and I will definately try this one out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Budokai 3 was the golden age of the budokai series and tenkaichi, for me, was better (not in all cases though..)

I hope they learned from the mistakes. Though I liked tenkaichi's fighting style for the most part, it does get repetitive after a while and the stages could be a hell lot bigger.

And get rid of the clone attacks! I thought tenkaichi would drift from this, but if anything, was worst than budokai 3 when it came to this. Though I probably buy this one since I liked the first, but for me, the things that need to be improve/changed...

-More variety of attacks/techniques, meaning, not throwing in "pump up" into every other character or some generic dash attack

-Blast-beam struggles

-More attacks and techniques

-Movie story lines should not be one battle each...

-Cut scenes need to stop being so anti-climatic/boring.

-Actually show lightning in some of the auras..

-Expand the 'customization'

Love the blur effect though.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have friends to play with, its not repetative. However, the difference in the characters speed and power becomes very, very much apparent. So if you have a friend who cant stand loosing, he'll always pick a character after you, and you can always expect a beam at some point, i didnt use beams though just out of principle. Playing the comp sucked, they always forced you to use beams, and they were really bad in melee, as in you could make them repetatively fall for the same trick where you cant with a decent human player at all. Me and my friends had a lot of fun with tenkaichi, though i never play it on my own merely because after you've unlocked everything, (which doesnt take much longer than a day) its boring, the computer beamspams, doesnt know how to melee, and for me i hated that. I am pretty untouchable with kid goku though D:, he's so fast, you can always start engaging somebody in melee faster than them, specially with his little hop into the attack, if it looks like they're gonna hit you then you can teleport around them before they get chance. Then by the time you've done messing with them in melee, hitting them from place to place you've got enough afterimages to save you from any attack. Plus i've worked out a never ending combo with kid buu (with a slow rythmn press left - right while pressing punch), its hard to do though, it seems to work better vs ssj2 vegeta, i have no idea why. I for one only ever play on consoles when my friends are round or when i first buy a game, so maybe thats why i havent lost the appeal.

I'll get this game probably for sure as long as i get sufficient funds, but for the love of god i hope they tone down the beams and make it a little easier to dodge them, and get rid of the times where its impossible to dodge them, such as you deflect a big ki blast, and at that instant they beam you, or after throwing they beam you, stuff like that is really really annoying. I knew when they said there wasnt any ingame trans's for the first one they were definately gonna bring out a second one. I hope they make the teleporting a little more enhanced too, i really loved the teleport battles you can get in =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saw this earlier today, never really played any of the latest DBZ games. But hey, more Rev games don't make me complain.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yay gonna get it even if it's going to suck XD I just love DBZ games, especialy PS2 ones!
And thank god it's coming for the ps2! if it was for the PS3 only I would probably be eating myself every time I would see a screenshot =P

Well it'll definatly improve from the first Tenkaichi, the question is, how much =o...
we can only wait and see =o

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And Pikkon too =P well, I know I wanted him in, and it was promissed in the official trailer of the first Tenkaichi.

I'm expecting this game to improve only gameplay wise...graphicly it's going to stay the same as it seems...
Those are the same character models, they havent changed them =o

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tenkaichi was cool because it was fast paced but it didn't have much of a DBZ feel because it lacked the awesome cut-scenes and transing in the game. Was lame that you could pick the state to wanted to start in. If they could mix in Tenkaichi and B3 at once, then they would have a bang up game that would be superior amoungst all.

Also, to avoid peole picking cheap characters when you play with your friends, you pick random for characters and random for the stage. This ensures that everything is by random and you can't ***** and moan for having your friend pick a better character. This also makes it so you get better with all characters so you don't have a weak point.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when its winner stays on and it comes up ssj4 gogeta against guldo on world tourney map, people will moan :x

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats when you restart. Only rule with us is, you can redo your characters unless someone wants to play either the Monkey Forms, Chiaotzu or Guldo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked Tenkaichi for a while, for a day or 2, 3, but it gets really boring playing it by yourself.

I might get this - but I'm a bit skeptical. It took Atari 3 3 tries before they got to Budokai 3, which still wasn't perfect (Dragon Rush..), but was a hell of a lot better than Tenkaichi, IMO. The graphics were nicer (nicer auras, nicer attacks, although the environments were a bit more boring than Tenkaichi's).

I'll just wait and see what they come up with. I hope the Rev version will also support normal controller input, just in case I don't like using the Revmote.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather buy it on the Revolution because the graphics and cpu of that system is better then the ps2. They will be able to do alot more on the Revolution then the ps2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even so, if they wanted to simply port the same game to the Rev, they could, without breaking their backs over making better graphics etc.

It's a DBZ game. People'll buy it regardless.

So.. I think we should wait and see if they really do improve the Rev's version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only pray these idiots use some of their imaginations. This game shouldn't even be made if it's going to be like or almost exactly like the first Tenkaichi. They're wasting money, time and people's patience. It's hilarious. What's left of Dragon Ball Z's popularity? KIDS are moving onto Naruto & One Piece, and even YuGiOh or whatever you want to call that idiotic television show. Don't they understand, they try to reel in children by Ameri-KID-anizing the greatest Anime in the world, and now that some other shows are moving up to the #1 slot they stilll create these garbage-filled & bugged games as some sort of desperation act. They don't listen to fans, and they're gonna end up with one big fat double trilogy of namely repetitive gameplay, Horse****. Don't point fingers at me and then say "Oh the Japanese are behind these games" or some bull**** like that. Japan has DBZ arcade games, so... there's a hell of a lot of a difference between nations. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, as far as I've seen the Japanese can't even get one game right. Only here, on the web, do you see a group of avid fans building an empire around Toriyama's creation, which can needless to say, be respected on any number of levels.

NEO? Tell me what that means.

Like this ****? Really now, who wants to see this? SS3 Goku fighting that fat Super Namek from a movie that was hardly as popular as any of the others. Hell, I'd vote Movie #1 & #2 over Lord Slug. Where does this scenario come into play, and why doesn't the gameplay look at all different than the first Tenkaichi? Stealing and ripping ideas from other games isn't necessarily that bad, considering they've twisted someone's fantasy of original elements and allowed it to mutate into this crazy and simple gaming simulation... consisting of all of our favorite characters planted in such small environments, confined by programmers' limitations in code & constantly rehashed gameplay elements. What the **** is wrong with these people?!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its 2 blurry scans... with initial promo pictures.... you can hardly expect to know what the gameplay is going to be like from that.

Best answers
Yup, some more info, and some old but finally confirmed info. Still waiting to hear the confirmation of online play though and im all set.

Expanding on the first Tenkaichi in just about every way possible, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 combines action, fighting and role-playing game elements into a storyline that spans the entire Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT series.
The game will feature over 100 playable characters (including many that have never been in a DBZ game before),
15 massive and destructible environments
nine different play modes.
The Revolution build will obviously take advantage of Nintendo's unique controller for added functionality.
mini-games and tag-team fights
ability to post customized character codes on the Internet
Many of the game's missions are ripped straight from the TV show, allowing fans the ability to relive their favorite DBZ moments or take characters into custom battles that they'd never see on the show.[/Quote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom