Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 -- Revolution

Best answers
I'm serious, the more and more you guys post screen shots, the more and more it looks like the exact same game as the first one. Can't you people see through this? All they're doing is freshing it up. Put it like this, what I predict, is that it will turn out to be like Budokai 2. It was the same exact as the first, but just better looking. On this game, the attacks look better...Woopie...The graphics haven't even changed. Unless you ABSOLUTELY LOVE the first one, then you shouldn't act like the game is going to be great. The only thing that I didn't like about Tenkaichi, is because all you do is the same things over and over again...Dash into the enemy, punch him, do a one button combo only, and knock them away, at least that's how it is with the coms. The only time I ever have fun on Tenkaichi now, is when I play with my brother, because we dodge each others attacks all the time, and we have to change our moves to hit each other. I think if this one would use TWO buttons to attack, than it would be a hell of an improvement from the first one. One button to attack in a fighting game is crucial. That's one reason why GameSpot said they didn't really enjoy the game. Another thing was that every character was the same, except at different strengths and speeds. Just imagine it though, using Budokai 3's combo system, in Tenkaichi. That would be awesome. Mixing your combos between Square and X. Now that, would make it a lot better. I'm hoping they will do that, but they'll probably keep it at one button :(.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
None of you seem to have responded to what I originally said. How will this be played on the Revolution, exactly? The PS2 controller made use of every button, including clicking in the analog sticks--the Revolution has many less buttons, and how exactly is it's gyroscopic input going to help the game? Rush forward by pointing up? :p

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quoting that doesn't answer my question. If anything, they'd have to REMOVE functionality.

Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
I'm serious, the more and more you guys post screen shots, the more and more it looks like the exact same game as the first one. The graphics haven't even changed.
^_^ Well what were you expecting?

The graphics from BT didn't leave much room for improvement. The hair and muscles in those screens look more defined actually, I can't imagine how the graphics could be improved to a insanely noticeable degree. And let's not forget, those screenshots are from the PS2 version only.

Put it like this, what I predict, is that it will turn out to be like Budokai 2.
I predict that your prediction will be wrong in the end. This isn't Dimps making the game, it's Spike. And BT achieved more then B1 and B2 combined for a first attempt. It was overall, better then B1 and B2. I highly doubt they would pull what dimps did with B2.

Unless you ABSOLUTELY LOVE the first one, then you shouldn't act like the game is going to be great.
Who are you to tell anyone how to act ? Let's not get carried away here.

The only thing that I didn't like about Tenkaichi, is because all you do is the same things over and over again...Dash into the enemy, punch him, do a one button combo only, and knock them away, at least that's how it is with the coms.
If you only had problem with one thing, then your making it hard to tell. Im sure they will probably improve the gameplay. Atleast wait until you see some videos first. And just to remind you, B3 early videos and images weren't impressive either. Alot of people thought it was going to be B2 all over again. And while i didn't like B3 much myself, it turned out to be a good game overall.

I think if this one would use TWO buttons to attack, than it would be a hell of an improvement from the first one.
I agree with you on that one 100%.

Another thing was that every character was the same, except at different strengths and speeds.
Im sure they got alot of complaints about this one, i really wouldn't worry about it to much this time around. I think that's one of the first thing their going to try and improve upon.

Just imagine it though, using Budokai 3's combo system, in Tenkaichi. That would be awesome.
I disagree. I mean sure, it would be nice to see some of B3's aspects in Tenkaichi, like the dodging ability when you " tap X "at a certain moment, and the " follow up teleport attack " which could also be used to " evade attacks " as well, but other then that, B3's fighting system felt stiff and sluggish.

I'm hoping they will do that, but they'll probably keep it at one button .
Let's hope not.

None of you seem to have responded to what I originally said.
^_^" You mean it wasn't obvious ?.. i guess it's because no one knows yet.....meh...i guess they will most likely just go with the shell in the end anyway. Besides has the N-Revolution's controller, including the NC attachment, even been finalized yet ?

Best answers
o-m-g

I'm so buying this game. Thank god I preordered may Revolution 3 months ago >=)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mccdbz5 said:
The only thing that I didn't like about Tenkaichi, is because all you do is the same things over and over again...Dash into the enemy, punch him, do a one button combo only, and knock them away, at least that's how it is with the coms. The only time I ever have fun on Tenkaichi now, is when I play with my brother, because we dodge each others attacks all the time, and we have to change our moves to hit each other. I think if this one would use TWO buttons to attack, than it would be a hell of an improvement from the first one. One button to attack in a fighting game is crucial. That's one reason why GameSpot said they didn't really enjoy the game. Another thing was that every character was the same, except at different strengths and speeds. Just imagine it though, using Budokai 3's combo system, in Tenkaichi. That would be awesome. Mixing your combos between Square and X. Now that, would make it a lot better. I'm hoping they will do that, but they'll probably keep it at one button :(.

You do know your combo's change with the direction you press... right? Im not to sure you actually understand the game's mechanics, its more about trying to outwit your enemy rather than trying to get the biggest combo. Have you ever played kengo/bushido blade? 1 button for attack, 4 different combo's per player (thats it), and still its a really good tactical game. Even tenkaichi had more a hell of a lot more depth than those games though, one reason would be the blocking is even harder, scince you have to block accordingly depending on direction with harder hits, however they could decide to use a ki push or watever and throw you off, or if you catch em out with your combo's rythmn u can gut punch them, or if it looks like they're gonna hit you with a hard hit before you get chance you can teleport around them, or when he gets his combo he tries to ki push you so you jump to the side and throw him, the list keeps growing and growing as nearly every action in the game has a perfect counter. Its not as mundane and run of the mill as most beat em ups where its high kick/punch low kick/punch, defend and combination of directional buttons and attacks are a special move, sure it might be better for people who dont want to get deep into the game and just be able to press a sequence of buttons and be able to win (which is what the budokai series was about), but i dont like my games like that, i like them to be more tactical. However, the beams imo, do ruin the game more than anything, you could almost call the triangle+L2 buttons the "I win" buttons. I wouldnt object though to there being another attack button, i just dont know where you'd put it =\ i'd want every other button they currently have.

I'd also like to add, how characters were most certainly not the same, they're a hell of a lot different to each other than the characters in the first budokai series were, the combo length -speed -power -rythmn is different with every character, ki blasts (a crucial part of the game scince it helps you control your enemies movements) are different for every character too, The favourate attacks also are crucial to each character's abilities, not only what the favourate attack is, but the rate that the favourate attacks come back for your character. Other things that are effected by your character type would be, swoop cost/difference in distance traveled, how long it takes to powerup, how sturdy your character is (as in how much getting punched will effect you character), brute force (how much punching your enemy will effect them), thow advantages (some throw up-down-horizontal), counter advantages, lockon ability (scouters/sensing) and androids infinate/regenerating ki. This was a big, big step up compared to the rest of the budokai series.

To me it doesnt sound like you have played with many people, playing real people is completely different to the computer, and im not talking about a few games once with your brother, im talking a quite a few hours just to get the basics down and start to actually understand the gameplay properly. Against the computer the game was certainly a let down, but i think thats due to the inconsistant intellegence and beamspamming AI, fighting the computer you wont even touch upon 50% of the real gameplay and you'll learn even less if you use beams. I've played games with my friends that have lasted a good 10 mins, and im almost sweating by the end of the fight, ive never played a game in my life that is so intense it makes me sweat and my arms/fingers hurt.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just found out something that is pissing me off alot. To get 100 characters, that means no transforming in the game like the other Budokais. Its just like Tenkaichi again. This completely blows. And there is no way in hell they have over 100 active characters in the DBZ show unless they couldn't the different transformations.

Too bad they didn't get rid of lock on so you could naturally be locked on. I've had too many fights where lock on doesn't react accordingly. Also it sucks that some characters can't sense people too well unless they are super close. Also, if you hide behind a mountain, Rock, Tree or any other object, your character can't lock on. They should have gotten rid of that feature.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I just found out something that is pissing me off alot. To get 100 characters, that means no transforming in the game like the other Budokais. Its just like Tenkaichi again. This completely blows. And there is no way in hell they have over 100 active characters in the DBZ show unless they couldn't the different transformations.

Too bad they didn't get rid of lock on so you could naturally be locked on. I've had too many fights where lock on doesn't react accordingly. Also it sucks that some characters can't sense people too well unless they are super close. Also, if you hide behind a mountain, Rock, Tree or any other object, your character can't lock on. They should have gotten rid of that feature.
Wait wait wait...where does this information coming from?
From what I know, IGN posted that there are real-time transformation feature, for all I know we should wait a little before making negative assumtions.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there can't be over 10 0 characters in the show, unless they added some characters that were on different planets that vegeta and the saiyans destroyed. I mean, can you even think of 100 characters?

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
You do know your combo's change with the direction you press... right?
Are you serious? The only thing that changes, is the finishing move, that knocks your opponent away. Wow, sounds like other combos to me...

Soul Punisher said:
I predict that your prediction will be wrong in the end. This isn't Dimps making the game, it's Spike. And BT achieved more then B1 and B2 combined for a first attempt. It was overall, better then B1 and B2. I highly doubt they would pull what dimps did with B2.
Uh, that's the problem, this isn't Dimps, it's Spike. If you didn't notice, Spike makes wrestling games, not fighting games. Dimps makes fighting games, and does a good job at it, most of the time. Also, it should have been better than Budokai 1 and 2, becasue they both sucked.

Soul Punisher said:
If you only had problem with one thing, then your making it hard to tell. Im sure they will probably improve the gameplay. Atleast wait until you see some videos first. And just to remind you, B3 early videos and images weren't impressive either. Alot of people thought it was going to be B2 all over again. And while i didn't like B3 much myself, it turned out to be a good game overall.
Well for one thing, Budokai 3 was a much better game than Tenkaichi, overall in reviews and sales. And you'll see, they'll try to sell us the exact same crap all over again, but with more characters. I doubt they'll even add another attack button.

Soul Punisher said:
Im sure they got alot of complaints about this one, i really wouldn't worry about it to much this time around. I think that's one of the first thing their going to try and improve upon.
They should improve it, along with add a button like Triangle to attack with.

Soul Punisher said:
I disagree. I mean sure, it would be nice to see some of B3's aspects in Tenkaichi, like the dodging ability when you " tap X "at a certain moment, and the " follow up teleport attack " which could also be used to " evade attacks " as well, but other then that, B3's fighting system felt stiff and sluggish.
Really? To me, Budokai 3's combo system allowed you to create a ton of combo attacks. On Tenkaichi, there are two combos for each character.

And one more thing to say. Picture this, Budokai 3's fighting system, as in, making combos like you did in Budokai 3, in Tenkaichi. That's all they need to do to make it more fun. Tenkaichi has strong elements like free flight and all that other stuff, and if they mixed Budokai 3's fighting with it, because that was Budokai 3's strong point, then I'm sure, that would be the best Dragon Ball Z game.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Well there can't be over 10 0 characters in the show, unless they added some characters that were on different planets that vegeta and the saiyans destroyed. I mean, can you even think of 100 characters?
Cmon man =P have you watched DBZ...ever? =P heh I think I can count more then 100.
Dont forget that they are crazy, they can add from DB, DBZ, DBGT (<--im affraid so, yes) and all the movies that are included within them.

Oh and Mccdbz5, dont be so negative about it =] give it a chance, if you dont like it then blame me later XD hah
Im just about giving chances, and I never get dissapointed cause I never expect much, do the same.
But give it a chance, it might even suprise us =]

Even if the only change that's going to be is characters, I'll get this game and wont be dissapointed =]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess if you did every henchmen that was with the main bad guys, like the henchmen of Cooler, Lord Slug, Bojack, Bardock, Frieza, Turles and Garlic Jr. then you could but those guys died off so fast they didn't even put in any special moves for them, which means they will have to make them up, which is lame.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You make way too many assumptions, Kidboy.

I never played Tenkaichi, but this looks pretty so I'll....look at the pics whenever they're released. In my opinion, Primal Rage had more depth than the Budokai games o.0.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know i make alot of assumptions, but I am very critical when it comes to a good game. If they listened to the people then they would already know to combine B3 and Tenkaichi into one game. I just hate seeing people get worked up for a game and then get a major disappointment.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Budokai's combo system was not freeform. Yeah you could do that cancel thing, but come on...

What Tenkaichi needs to do is have a less repetive melee system and more freeformed. Budokai's combo system wasn't really freeformed.

I remember people compared the screenshots to Zone of The Enders...Now, if Tenkaichi's camera when fighting was like Zone of the ender's melee camera, it would be perfect, because it seems like the current camera when in close range melee is too stiff.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 1 is a great game. One of the best in my opinion so far, but the only thing(s) I'm disappointed about is the camera something in objects / rocks so you can't see a thing anymore as Chakra already said. You can't even transform at will, instead you have to choose the separated character in state, and block struggles could be added.. I just hope this new version would have some dramatic feature increases.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I know i make alot of assumptions, but I am very critical when it comes to a good game. If they listened to the people then they would already know to combine B3 and Tenkaichi into one game. I just hate seeing people get worked up for a game and then get a major disappointment.
Crits are coming only after the product is shown. :smile:
And I know you want them to listen more to the fans and all, we all want it, I know I do...very much...
But it cant be helped, they are a professional company, not a mod made by fans =/ so all we can do is sit back and wait 'till they'll show us some more media.

Best answers
why should i spent money on a game i already bought and which has now been modified just a little bit?
haha, ill just "rent" the new one from the internet ;)

come on the software companys will never produce a "perfect" dbz game, which you are all hoping for, they are all looking for money and only produce half-ass games today, they are under the lead of total morons.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how you will torrent a ps2 game when there aren't any working ps2 emulators out there. And the ones that do work only run a couple of games, so you fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom