Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 -- Revolution

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Nintendo Wii release for Tenkaichi 2 has been delayed:

IGN said:
August 23, 2006 - Dragon Ball Z! Budokai Tenkaichi 2 will be hitting the Japanese Wii a bit later than expected. While the title, known in Japan as Dragon Ball Z! Sparking, was originally flagged with a Fall 2006 date, suggesting that it would launch with the system, the latest issue of Famitsu has it set for January 2007.

The PS2 version is still on track for Japanese release on 10/5.

There's no word yet on how this Japanese delay will affect the US version of the game. As far as we know, the US version is still on track for the system's launch. It's not unprecedented for a Dragon Ball Z game to hit America first, so keep your Wiimotes crossed!
Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/727/727488p1.html

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea, where did you get the idea of the "string of dissappointments?" Budokai 1 was taken very well by the general DBZ gaming public. At the time, it was considered one of, if not, THE best DBZ games. Budokai 2 came out, and it had both positive and negative remarks, but became worse than the first one overall. Then, Budokai 3 came out, which pretty much set the scale as far as good DBZ games go. It became widely loved and appreciated by the majority of the DBZ gamer public.

Then, Tenkaichi was released, which was considered to be a good idea at first, but had so many errors and bugs in it as well as broken gameplay which made it not last long. Then, Shin Budokai for the PSP came out. While PSP isn't in every gamer's home, the PSP players have given it a lot of praise, saying that, for a DBZ handheld game, was much like B3 in many aspects. Then, Super DBZ was released, and while many people thought it was a good idea, it ended up failing as a classic Street Fighter type game. It has fans, but nothing close to the fanbase B3 has.

Do you see a pattern here? The DBZ games have NOT been a string of dissappointments as you seem to claim. In fact, from the pattern I see, it seems to be that the games go back and forth every year. B1 was good. B2 was bad. B3 was good. Tenkaichi was bad. Shin was good. Super was bad.

In other words, developers are learning from their mistakes. Much like with the original 3 budokais. B1 was a gem, but they watered it down in B2. they realized that mistake and fixed it for the superior B3. If you follow this pattern which seems ironically set, there's a chance Tenkaichi 2 could be very well recieved, but the DBZ game next year could be a total flop. So instead of worring about this game this year, worry about next year.

Or perhaps this is all just one big coincidence. We shall see.

Originally Posted by IGN
August 23, 2006 - Dragon Ball Z! Budokai Tenkaichi 2 will be hitting the Japanese Wii a bit later than expected. While the title, known in Japan as Dragon Ball Z! Sparking, was originally flagged with a Fall 2006 date, suggesting that it would launch with the system, the latest issue of Famitsu has it set for January 2007.

The PS2 version is still on track for Japanese release on 10/5.

There's no word yet on how this Japanese delay will affect the US version of the game. As far as we know, the US version is still on track for the system's launch. It's not unprecedented for a Dragon Ball Z game to hit America first, so keep your Wiimotes crossed!
GOOD! More time to fix bugs and errors! It seems they learned their lesson on Tenkaichi 1. A rushed game is a poor game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Alea, where did you get the idea of the "string of dissappointments?" Budokai 1 was taken very well by the general DBZ gaming public. At the time, it was considered one of, if not, THE best DBZ games. Budokai 2 came out, and it had both positive and negative remarks, but became worse than the first one overall. Then, Budokai 3 came out, which pretty much set the scale as far as good DBZ games go. It became widely loved and appreciated by the majority of the DBZ gamer public.

Then, Tenkaichi was released, which was considered to be a good idea at first, but had so many errors and bugs in it as well as broken gameplay which made it not last long. Then, Shin Budokai for the PSP came out. While PSP isn't in every gamer's home, the PSP players have given it a lot of praise, saying that, for a DBZ handheld game, was much like B3 in many aspects. Then, Super DBZ was released, and while many people thought it was a good idea, it ended up failing as a classic Street Fighter type game. It has fans, but nothing close to the fanbase B3 has.

He or She was probrobly saying a string of dissapointments in His/Her opinion, As referring to everyone's opinion is different, just like how somebody would say that all DragonBall Z games suck, that's an opinion I guess.

As in my opinion it's the same as yours.

Anarchistguy

A
SailorAlea said:
You're not in a position to tell me how I should speak to you. Of you and I, which is the one who baselessly attacked the others for making an observation? It was you. You then tried to post immediately afterwards, realizing your mistake--if you hadn't, I would've referred you to another moderator. You should try reading your own post.

The fact that these games are bought, and then forgotten and buried under a stack of other games is proof that you were 'suckered in,' as compared with other games still being played years after their release, like Smash Bros. Melee.
How am I being "suckered in" if I'm satisfied with my purchase and STILL play these games quite often?

Best answers
If i read it correctly anarchist i think alea wants you to follow her opinion on games if it is a her, i don't really want to go into that so meh.

Well said in anycase logan, hope that will end this little argument.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:

Do you see a pattern here? The DBZ games have NOT been a string of dissappointments as you seem to claim. In fact, from the pattern I see, it seems to be that the games go back and forth every year. B1 was good. B2 was bad. B3 was good. Tenkaichi was bad. Shin was good. Super was bad.

In other words, developers are learning from their mistakes. Much like with the original 3 budokais. B1 was a gem, but they watered it down in B2. they realized that mistake and fixed it for the superior B3. If you follow this pattern which seems ironically set, there's a chance Tenkaichi 2 could be very well recieved, but the DBZ game next year could be a total flop. So instead of worring about this game this year, worry about next year.

Or perhaps this is all just one big coincidence. We shall see.

GOOD! More time to fix bugs and errors! It seems they learned their lesson on Tenkaichi 1. A rushed game is a poor game.
Um--the series was decently received by the DBZ-fanbase community, but they've been (with the exception of Budokai 3) largely unpopular in the general gaming community--just check the average scores on review sites--not only professional reviews, but actual player reviews.

Budokai 1 was a decent game compared to most other DBZ games, mostly because the majority of DBZ games are garbage, and Budokai wasn't much of an exception. It still wasn't nearly as good as Hyper Dimension and Supersonic Warriors were.

Your "on, off" argument makes no sense, primarily because:

1) Budokai 1 wasn't a good game, Budokai 2 just happened to suck more.
2) Budokai 3 wasn't a great game, it was a mediocre game in a series of even crappier games.
3) Dimps made Budokai 1-3, Spike made Tenkaichi, Crafts & Meister made Super DBZ.

mf29 said:
He or She was probrobly saying a string of dissapointments in His/Her opinion, As referring to everyone's opinion is different, just like how somebody would say that all DragonBall Z games suck, that's an opinion I guess.

As in my opinion it's the same as yours.
Thank you for epitomizing what I said earlier about everything being an opinion. Although in my case, the opinion happens to be true. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, alright, settle down.

First of all no DBZ game is complicated enough to warrant an 18 page thread.

Secondly, not everyone is going to agree on things, especially in this part of the forum. If you can't disagree without getting flamish on one another then you're only showing the lack of maturity that people would expect in a thread about a DBZ game.

This thread is being closed, and when I have more time I'm going to backtrack and find who threw it off and warn them for it, along with any other warnable offenses within.

Play nice next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom