Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Funny story, if the characters only start off in their forms, then the 60 Characters will actually be less than Budokai 3.

-Goku
-SSJ Goku
-SSJ2 Goku
-SSJ3 Goku
-Vegeta
-SSJ Vegeta
-SSJ2 Vegeta
-Gohan
-SSJ Gohan
-SSJ2 Gohan

etc...Given that Frieza, Cell and Buu have four forms each...could be looking at around 20 characters.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
could be, but on the charcter select screen, it shows them already in their forms. All i really want is the players i play as in budokai 3 and i pray the fighting isnt limited and has the ability to give players a chance to develope different styles of playing.

Best answers
sure about that?they already forgot them in their pevious games.
That's right, don't know how i forgot about that so quickly. Oh well, i guess i can just assume that they will i guess, all i know is if they don't included them, it would really ruin it for me. Im also curious about powerstruggles in this game.

theres a vid over at dranets site (http://dranet.com/) but it dont work 4 me
anyone know a different link for the vid? ty
I posted that video recently in this thread, download it from that link. If it dosen't work tell me and i"ll upload it.

Well either way, here is another video. Expect Part 2 to this video sometime today, whenever the guy uploads it.

Janemba vs Cell & Goku vs Piccilo Pt 1

http://www.reve2uk.gizmondoforums.com/movies/dbz1bad.wmv

Note: Right Click & Save

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After looking at the above clip, it looks to me that fighting is not too limited, but i would assume who ever is playing it is just trying out the game. I say give an good esf player this game about a 3-4 days to play it, then show me a video.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
screw esf :) this game will be much more fun.

keep in mind thats a demo. they will improve and add key features by november or whenever its supposed to come out.

thanks for posting the vids.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bboy_Budokai said:
screw esf :) this game will be much more fun.

keep in mind thats a demo. they will improve and add key features by november or whenever its supposed to come out.

thanks for posting the vids.
An Game with an Old Engine can sometimes be much better then the Newest Game >_o
--
I really want that Game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After watching that video I know it's not going to be as good as ESF. It could still be an allright game, but there are limitations that will still be there. I know this becuase it's still a VS style fighter. This means that both players share the same screen, so the camera needs to stay on both players at all times. This also means that both players will be locked onto eachother so that the camera can keep both players on the same screen at once. ESF is a free-roaming fighter/shooter, it doesn't have the limitation that the other game does, becuase the camera only needs to worry about your player. Therefore you can swoop around, beamjump, and all that other good stuff without having to look at your enemy constantly, and stay on the same screen. You won't be able to manuever around to the side of your enemy mid-swoop and catch them off gaurd. As a defender, you won't be able to block in all directions like you can in ESF. There is a possibility that in tenkaichi, the camera may split when you get too far from eachother, but my guess is that it doesn't... even if it does, you'll still most likely be locked onto your enemy at all times, so the game will still be horribly limited compared to ESF. Until they create a DBZ game that's first person or third person shooter/free roamer, it won't be as good as ESF in the aspect of gameplay.

Best answers
After watching that video I know it's not going to be as good as ESF.Until they create a DBZ game that's first person or third person shooter/free roamer, it won't be as good as ESF in the aspect of gameplay.
Well let's look at the fact sheet.

DBZBT

The Good

Amazing 3-D Graphics
Manual Teleportation
Free Flight
Fully Destructable Enviroments
Under Water Fighting
In Air Fighting
On Ground Fighting
Storyline Goes From Raditz to Kid Buu
More Than 60 Characters
Characters From All 13 DBZ Movies
Customize a Z Character Using 10 Attributes
Dragon Rush (authentic attack)
Rush (authentic attack)
Smash Attack (authentic attack)
Single-Player Dragon Mode
Two-Player Versus Mode
Ultimate Battle Mode
Dragon Capsule Mode
Evolution Z Mode
World Martial Arts Tournament
Unlockable Videos From The Animated Series
Two-Player Split Screen (No Limitations)
Capsule System
New Game Engine
Script About 50% Larger Than Budokai 3
What-If Storylines
Three Super Moves per Character
Cell Games Complex Stage
Planet Namek Stage
Craggy Place of Earth Stage

The Bad

Melee System Resembles Previous Installments
No Powerstruggles (Yet)
Still No Ability To Jump
No Control Over Beam Movements or Releases

ESF

The Good

Good Enough Melee System
Decent Blocking/Deflect System
Amazing Beam Struggles
Full Control Over Beam Movements
Great Jumping Abilities
6-7 Characters
Cool Ability To Customize Character Models
Manual Teleporting System
Good Enough Transformations
Free Flight
Free-Roam
It's A Free Game (Everyone Loves Free Stuff)
Inclusion Of Generic Beams
Mutiple Beam Struggles

The Bad

The Graphics(Due To Outdated Engine]
No Story Mode
Lack Of Alot Of DBZ/GT/Movie Characters
Lag Issues/Spikes

So in general, i guess your right, DBZBT won't beat ESF in gameplay aspects as of yet, but it still gives off a great dbz experince. And let's not forget, this game has only been in development since september of last year by a new company, now just how long has ESF been worked on? This company embraced a new dbz game free-roaming/free-flight concept for the first time, and got this far, just imagine what a sequel could end up like? It's not far off from ESF at all. As far as this game goes, it will have limitations, but it's reasonable at the moment for the reasons i just stated.

I know this becuase it's still a VS style fighter. This means that both players share the same screen, so the camera needs to stay on both players at all times. This also means that both players will be locked onto eachother so that the camera can keep both players on the same screen at once.There is a possibility that in tenkaichi, the camera may split when you get too far from eachother, but my guess is that it doesn't... even if it does, you'll still most likely be locked onto your enemy at all times, so the game will still be horribly limited compared to ESF.
Well i hope that isn't true, no one has experince the VS mode yet, so i guess we won't know until then. But in my opinion i don't think the players will share the same screen at all (Except You And The Person Sitting Next Too You Acourse), and i dont think the camera need to stay on lock-on mode for both characters at all times either, im sure they wouldn't limited that much, but we will see soon enough.

In The mean time, there were 3 more video releases.

http://www.xboxyde.com/game_837_en.html

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Water Splitting while swooping over it....:yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I don’t think you can really make a good/bad list for Tenkaichi yet. No one really knows much about the game, or tested these features in game play. You can’t really define what is good or bad about the game yet, you can only speculate.

The graphics have always been good, but to me, there's a point where it doesn't matter anymore. I thought the first budokai had great graphics, as a matter of fact I liked those the most (not a fan of cel shading). ESF to me has good graphics, damn good enough to get the point across, but it also has great game play. Budokai will always have greater graphics than ESF, and the greater the graphics get, the better, but after a certain point I think it's necessary to look at the game and try to balance game play with graphics, rather than focus on making it a pretty game.

After watching the latest videos you posted, I must admit, it looks a lot better than I thought it would. Still though, there isn't any hard evidence that it truly is "free roaming". If you notice that last video, the camera is constantly focused on your enemy. Goku was flying around in all of the directions, but his vision was still focused on Buu. So it's not really free roaming unless you can turn around and have the camera follow you. I highly doubt you'll be able to swoop around your enemy and keep much control without being auto locked to them anyway, it'd be too hard to control on a PS2 controller. Look how hard it can get with a mouse in ESF; imagine having to use a game pad to do it. All of that "free roaming" is cool, but if the melee system is still as simple as it was in the previous games, then there's not much use for it anyway. While on the subject of melee, if they don't add two blocking areas and different moves that differentiate between those areas... I'll have lost al hope in Atari.

Customization of the Z characters sounds fun too, but I remember each of the previous games raving about their customization, and it wasn't very good at all. Budokai 3 had customizable attributes, but I thought it was pretty lame, especially the AI attribute. They also decided to keep the DragonRush, which if some of you don't remember was the painfully easy to activate high damage attack system based purely on Guessing. Guessing.... this happens to be the largest complaint in the ESF melee system right now. They need to do one of the three things with DragonRush:

#1 Scrap it
#2 - Completely re-work it and add some sort of strategy to it
#3 - at least add different animations for each character so I don't have to watch the exact same 4 animations over and over and over and over and over again.

Smash, and rush attack, I don’t really know what those are, so I can’t say anything about them. Capsules are also still in the game... which has never been a good idea. It's not fun to play a VS game when you don't start off with any moves for your characters. Sure unlockables are fun, but not when they're actual MOVES for you character. I might be old fashioned, but I always thought unlockables should only be extras in a game, like fun accessories for your character, difficulties, levels, stuff like that, not actual moves. As for the storylines and scripts of the game, I’m reluctant to believe it’ll be any good. There hasn’t been a good story mode in any of the games yet, I doubt that they’ll change much.

As I have been saying before, I’m just putting out my opinion, and while the game may look beautiful and promises enough to make any DragonBall Z fan go nuts, it may not be all that it seems. It’s happened multiple times before and it could just as easily happen again. Each of the games seem to get progressively better, but not by much, and from Budokai 3 In my opinion still needs leaps and bounds to become a good quality game that I would want to own.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gameinformer said:
Melee System Resembles Previous Installments
No Powerstruggles (Yet)
Still No Ability To Jump
No Control Over Beam Movements or Releases
I'm going to disagree here, the melee system is basic but effective, it's not Tekken but it works well considering DBZ is more about fast-paced-rather-than-technical combat, energy attacks and huge explosions.

I'm certain the power struggle system will be similar if not identical to the one in B3.

I think I saw a jump in one of the videos, if not then free flight will allow you to go up and down anyway.

The lack of Beam charges is the only thing I bemoan on that list :p

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
omg its a tech demo. it will be alot better. budokai 1 was more fun than esf...

and tenkaiichi or whatever, the game looked alot faster than budokai 3 and alot more moves

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I heard too much comparisons to esf causes cancer :eek:

But I notcied a part in a the video, goku flew after cell and caught up to him, but was too late to hit them. I think this gives layway for some dragon rush like combos, excetpt customizable.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
this game isnt locked onto both players... watch the kid buu and vegeta clip. you lose sigh of kid buu completely, you can lock on and off and just fly around.

2 player will have split screen, which will be ackward but whatever.

beams look cool, 3 ultimates per char plus special moves... XD secx

though i am quite favorable to the red gallick gun from budokai 3...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the latest video shows that it is completely free roaming, i think there might be a button to hold down when you want your character to be facing the opponent. imo this game looks outstanding actually. However i doubt its in the same league as esf though =P

Best answers
I think I saw a jump in one of the videos,
In the most recent video i just posted, during the battle with goku and cell, he did a small sidescroll hop but that's about it.

I'm going to disagree here, the melee system is basic but effective, it's not Tekken but it works well considering DBZ is more about fast-paced-rather-than-technical combat, energy attacks and huge explosions.
Well i never said it wasn't effective, it truely is and gives off the dbz experince but i still think it resembles the budokai games and it's just overall quicker. I never intended for it too be deep like Teken or SC games.

1. not really, in the Goku VS Cell video you see goku doing moves never seen in BK3 before. no one knows wht the combat system is yet.
uniqe more moves, it was demo all of the characters probally felt abit uniqe there were only about 8 or 9 characters in the demo. There promising over 60 characters here, you better beleive a good number of them will resemble each other in play. But that's basically just because in dbz, everyone fought pretty much the same way sooo. The only thing we don't know right know is
We do know what the combat system is, what do you think the videos had i posted? The game overall is just quicker, nothing is really all that diffrent with the fighting mechanics, so what? cell has a few if, transformations are in, if power struggles are in, and the flight limit on every map and the button layout.

2. actualy, there were PS's is BK3, so ofcorse there will be in BKT (duH)
That dosen't prove anything. Just because it was in budokai 3, dosen't mean it will automatically make this game. It's not being made by the same company anymore, and this isn't really a budokai game, just because it carrys budokai in the name dosen't mean it takes up after them, the name shouldve been sparkling in the first place but they changed it here to appeal more to the people who bought the budokai games. It took them 2 games to get it right in the budokai series, we don't know how good or how lazy this spike company is so i wouldn't make such a assumption without proof, which your seriously lacking right now.

3. actualy ,there is. havent u seen the pic of him jumping? besides, how would you make it into the air without jumping? :p
That's not the type of jumping i was talking about. Also, what makes you think you can tell if someone is jumping or not from something that's not in motion, that's just stupid. If that was the case then i would assume you can destroy mountains in a game with one punch just because i saw a picture of goku getting ready to punch one. Jumping up to fly isn't the true style of jumping, that's just taking flight and nothing more. Im talking about a manual jumping system here.

you dont know that, just because we havent seen any yer dosent mean there arent!
It's not in, i can assure you the proof is in the videos. The game currently is being released in 4 months in japan (Sep) and they already have too many things to live up too other then a charge and hold system and the time afterwards for the 2 months remaining will mostly be towards converting the game too the US(Nov) and UK(Dec) with probally a few extra additions like more costumes and ect. The demo at E3, was a demostration of the gameplay and those gameplay elements are staying. There wont be a charge and hold system this time around, so there's no moving with a ki beam period or charging one anyway you look at it. Once you press the button, it does the move straight forward towards your opponet in battle, since the game does not support more then 2 players in battle at once then they most likely see it pointless to control your beam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom