Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno what people think, but from what ive seen it looks impressive, true it still looks like budokai, but the fact is none of us have played it so how can we judge with 30 second clips and screenies? True atari have come up with **** all, in regards to decent fighting games, but now with the free flight i really think that's going to change the gameplay in a big way. The only thing im pessimistic about is the chance of the characters being all the same, like Phatslugga has said, its not like they've put a lot of time in the past into making characters unique, which i think was a huge mistake, infact the biggest downfall of the budokai series. If they just added unique melee combo's for characters i'd be happy. I think this may be the very last dbz game to come out on a console, so with that in mind, maybe they're going to actually spend more time on this one. However this might just be their last hope on cashing in on dbz before Naruto takes over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Donnie Clay said:
We have one of my personal favorites, the 'Oorazu' form which occurs when a saiyan is hit by moonlight and turns into a giant gorilla you can play as
I'm sure he meant Oozaru ;) Either way that's sweet. He also mentions Chiaotzu, Burter, Jeice, Guldo and Janemba as playable characters, and an enhanced story mode.

EDIT: I also saw a few camera bugs in the trailer, hope they get fixed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I dunno what people think, but from what ive seen it looks impressive, true it still looks like budokai, but the fact is none of us have played it so how can we judge with 30 second clips and screenies? True atari have come up with **** all, in regards to decent fighting games, but now with the free flight i really think that's going to change the gameplay in a big way. The only thing im pessimistic about is the chance of the characters being all the same, like Phatslugga has said, its not like they've put a lot of time in the past into making characters unique, which i think was a huge mistake, infact the biggest downfall of the budokai series. If they just added unique melee combo's for characters i'd be happy. I think this may be the very last dbz game to come out on a console, so with that in mind, maybe they're going to actually spend more time on this one. However this might just be their last hope on cashing in on dbz before Naruto takes over.
Well, I don't mean to come off entirely against this game. I'm really trying to keep my hopes up and tell myself that there's a chance that it'll be a different game... but after those few clips the fighting looked pretty much the same. Now I know it's still not enough to judge the entire game, but it doesn't make me feel any better about it either. With all the other budokai games that were released, you can't expect people to be looking forward to it. I hope they're not just trying to cash in on the game before Naruto takes over, becuase then we can probably look forward to some Naruto-Budokai quality games... which would suck. I'm definately going to rent it, still, but It's not looking good.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All i know is if the fighting is fast and smooth (like MK 4; N64, SSBM; GCN, or Bloody Roar; GCN) then i'd get it. But i don't see how it could be like that if the camera isn't beside the person. My guess is it's going to be like Jedi Academy with punches and kicks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i didnt like budokai 3 because the melee was so damn lame. and the fact that it had al those bugs which let the opponent live with no hp

blocking with no hp... getting thrown into a mountain with no hp... blocking a dragon rush with no hp... and many more

teleporting and dodging/blocking were rather lame as well.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
OMG!!!! O_O

ITS LIKE A 3D DBZ LEGENDS!!! O_O

*cough, cough*

You will now forget the sentences you have just read. o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you can start off in the form of your choosing eh. I hope you can ascend/descend as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see the moves list is similar to budokai. That's a disappointment--however the way you do them looks very different, so maybe it has changed to a degree.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope to god they've eventually realised people want an up and down block too... but i doubt thats gonna happen. Doesnt look like the characters will be able to transform in battle though ='[

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It wont be half as much fun as ESF, and it costs money.

Wow, Im sold already.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
So you can start off in the form of your choosing eh. I hope you can ascend/descend as well.
I Hope the same. Cause it would duck to start as SSj and then thats it. But im sure getting this game.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh hopefully, cause if not then ATARI would missed again to make an super DBZ game to make everybody happy.
cause if there are no Transes then it surely would lack but i still gonna get it ^-^

Best answers
I see the moves list is similar to budokai. That's a disappointment--however the way you do them looks very different, so maybe it has changed to a degree.
I agree it does look similar but also abit rather more akward, L2 + Triangle+Up??, Either way i think this is going to take some getting use too.

Yeh hopefully, cause if not then ATARI would missed again to make an super DBZ game to make everybody happy.
cause if there are no Transes then it surely would lack but i still gonna get it ^-^
The game isn't being made by Atari, alot people still can't get that out of their mind for some reasons.

It'll most likely be transformations. They give you a sense of more power and spike/bandai wouldn't make such a stupid mistake. Also it's just like budokai 3, when the first few videos were released, they didn't have transformation in at that point as well and it's still in the early stages with 6 months to go until release time, so im sure it will probally make it.

More Pictures

DiZ

Best answers
i'm not sure...but i dont think frieza is sopouse to be that small
he's the same size as kid buu in the screenshot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game could seriously benefit from an ESF style beam system (charge and hold) rather than instant fire.

Best answers
It'll most likely be transformations. They give you a sense of more power and spike/bandai wouldn't make such a stupid mistake.
sure about that?they already forgot them in their pevious games.

after seeing that video,i must admit it looks pretty fun.
but i still think the "ultimate" dbz game can only be developed by Banpresto and hell yeah it does not have to be in 3d ;) , 2d games rock too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom