Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is like the zoe system, and it looked like you can just swoop off and explore, one of their main features was a FULL dragon universe mode, and every episode/saga

60+ chars and working them all in

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, they can have all the characters they want, but if they're done the same way they were in the previous games, it won't make a bit of difference. There were plenty of characters to choose from in the last 3 games, but they were all pretty much the same. Sure they had different animations and different names for their moves, but they all played the same way. In a game like Streetfighter, you'll have inexperienced players calling Ken and Ryu the same becuase they're moves look very similar and are executed the same way. However, any decent player knows that they're both really different. Not only in their special and meteo moves, but in their basic moves as well. One is defensive and one is aggressive, I could get into their differences more, but that could take up to a page :p. In Budokai, all the moves looked different (sometimes), and had different names, but they all basically did the same thing. The characters should vary in speed, damage, delay, stun, and all those other good things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea...

...but hey... there havent been any great dbz games, except maybe for ghetto nintendo games, unlike the ever to great street fighter games :)

Best answers
After watching the videos, im kinda disapointed. I looks and plays almost like the budokai series exept for a few game and camera tweaks. Still im gonna buy it, I found the budokai series alot of fun and this one looks great.

Best answers
I don't think I like this game. Japanese? I don't even understand what the heck they are talking about.

This just looks like another ESF with the free roaming except the graphics does look good. I am getting bored of DBZ games for PS2. I wonder how many DBZ games are they going to produce for PS2. Budokai 2, Budokai 3, DBZ sagas, Budokai Tenkaichi. Gah just, bored. Its all the same attacks, same tranformations, same one on one battling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i guess we should trash dbz all together, this mod, all the games, comics, shows, movies and move on to the next cool thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The next cool thing is Naruto apparently, i'd rather they finish this game before moving onto that :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
never watched naruto. or looked at a comic.

this game does look pretty cool though.

www.myfavoritegames.com

they got some info, front page. Sigh... I need a game i can school my friend in...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's plenty of room for a cool DBZ game, it's just that the wrong people are making it. These games are being produced very quickly and pretty much aim toward the younger groups. That's the reason they do well, most kids just want to see Goku throw a spirit bomb, or Vegeta blast someone away with a final flash. While the cinematics and the graphics look great, not much thought is being put into the actual gameplay. I'm convinced any fighting game that's licensed by Atari won’t be very good. They’ve had so many chances to clean up their act, and they haven’t. They don’t want to, heh, they don’t need to. They’re going to sell their games either way.

Best answers
I'd like to see the following things in Tenkaichi:
Character Balancing
iLink Support
Online Support
Advanced Melee System
Advanced Ki System (PS'ing, BS'ing, etc.)
More room for capsules, either that, or the ridation of the capsule skill system all together, with a build up/learning system taking its place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes getting capsules was retarded. and world tournament was equally stupid.

"wow, i've mastered this skill"

you got kamehameha (for the 800th time)

50,000 for each ultimate... (they are mostly useless, except for like 5)
75,000 for each breakthrough (kid gohan has 2, 3 moves tops, and yet you must spend 75,000 on him for the greater good.

Best answers
I also hated going to the shops hoping to find something, but in the end result, I would have to reenter the shop 1 million times listening to Lunch sneeze or hearing Mr,Popo saying Welcome or Whaddya want, huh? O_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait to make sweet sweet love to the game..... The last three gave me hard nipples so lets hope this one will do the same...

Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I can't wait to make sweet sweet love to the game..... The last three gave me hard nipples so lets hope this one will do the same...
A little bit too much info there, buddy :rolleyes: Anyway I hope it contans Online and iLink capabilities, I'm nota fan of split-screen.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
next one naruto?!

you guys are sort of outdated lol..

naruto is past time, DBZ is acient.

i think next hype would probably more likely be Bleach or something... or something that has yet to come.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naruto hasn't even been released outside of Japan, how can it be past it's time? DBZ lasted what...11 years in the UK? 13 years in USA? And I imagine over 20 in Japan if you include the manga. Naruto's on it's...second or third year? Please explain how you came to that conclusion.

Best answers
I think that those people making the Budokai series just aren't true fans of DBZ. They really need to include something new instead of the same old 1 on 1. Althought they got lots of new visual effects and graphics. I ain't impress. Almost every DBZ games is all about 1 on 1. Except DBZ sagas, but it is *** too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Underwater adventures! It doesn't look like a fight so maybe there'll allow free movement after all :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG that would just Own then. hehe.
Just walking along teh apis sometimes more fun then Fighting ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom