Dragon Ball Live Action Trailer

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to try and give this the benefit of the doubt. We haven't really seen much from this, and the fact that there's no sound means we miss half the trailer already. I hear it'll be released in the previews on Max Payne, so I anxiously await.

I want to think that this director must have a grand plan for this. If he wants to start out tamer and really show the building of Goku's powers, then ommitting certain abilities in the first film and making it a tad more reasonable is okay with me. After all, everyone knows DBZ was never good at visually demonstrating how strong someone really was after we got to see Vegeta blow up Arlia. The fighting from then on never really changed, and we had to guage strength by taking a character's word for it, or just seeing just how badly someone got their ass kicked.

If this director wants to tweak that, then it's alright. After all, Saiyan or not, Goku's probably starting out in this film with no fighting ability at all, so to be able to take on Piccolo and beat him by the end, Piccolo will need to be toned down a bit.

I just hope this director is smart enough to realize to fulfill his master plan that he has to get people to like Dragonball enough to get the green light for the sequels. Hopefully, the box office will be decent enough simply for the series' notoriety and popularity. I think that it will. Even after years since completion the fanbase is going strong, buying the games and propogating the old hype. Even if the critics hate it, that's not going to stop people from seeing it purely out of wanting to see what it is. And in the end, the what the box office nets is going to be the deciding factor.

And once it GETS a sequel, as long as whoever plays Vegeta doesn't ruin the character, it'll just coast on through.

Call me a hopeful and an optimist, because I am. I've just been waiting for this for a long time, and I'm seeing it however it turns out. I want to believe it will turn out alright.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but in this movie goku does not look like a Saiyan i mean where the hell is his tail he kept it untill he trained with kame so wtf is going on i mean they have ruined piccolo by not makng him green and no antini the ears look good but he looks more like the master from buffy

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
I think it looks pretty tight.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Comparing DBZ to Spider-man and Iron Man is like comparing DBZ (I was going to say ****, but DBZ is clearly the lesser of the two) to Spider-man and Iron Man (I was going to say the greatest works of art ever, but Marvel Comics are clearly the greatest anything ever produced).
I am comparing the 2 of them to the DBZ, because Iron Man for the flying part and spider man for the fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One with sound ... watch while it's up..

<object width="450" height="358"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emb/6726"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emb/6726" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="358" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

G
There IS a thread on this? In Anime? I swear I spent so long looking for the "Movies" forum before I realised there wasn't one.
Anyway, this looks god awful, etc. etc.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It took them that long to do this? Wow.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
loooooooooooool im sorry, but its so ridiculous. That movie is going to s**k b***s. turning db from cartoon to real is the worst idea ever.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
There IS a thread on this? In Anime? I swear I spent so long looking for the "Movies" forum before I realised there wasn't one.
Anyway, this looks god awful, etc. etc.
Dito, wondering the same thing why its in this section.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dragon Ball = anime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A live adaptation of an anime. You can consider it an anime topic, even if it technically isn't.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My EYES!! They BURN!!!

I think that there's a big chance that the first attempt at making a DB movie is better than this one >_> Considering the time difference of course.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Piccolo isn't even...

GREEN

MY BELOVED PICCOLO-DAIMAO LOOKS LIKE A SITH JUNKIE!

Last edited:
Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Piccolo seriously looks almost exactly like Shinzo from Star TreK:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom