Dragon Ball Live Action Trailer

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that is great, they completely threw away the concept of kami. GG

This isn't dragonball, its a "OMG I R IN HIGHSCHOOL, OMG I CANS DO KAMEHAMEHA!!! LET THE BADLY CHOREOGRAPHED FIGHTING BEGIN!"

seriously, this is ****ing retarded, I cant believe you're standing up for it J-Dude, I'm all for artisitic interpretation, but then there's milking a dead cow. The fact that they're eliminating every single thing about the dragonball world and shoving goku into a highschool and making him question his strength, making bulma a gunwielding ***** and making Roshi some kind of serious mentor is ****ting all over their characters. Goku is a pure of heart child that has no experience with people or society and just wants to be a better fighter, bulma is a passion driven scientist, and roshi is meant to be a perverted turtle hermit who lives out at sea. Those are the essences of the characters, and they've decided to **** all over it to make the plot a little more palatable to the drones of thicko's and retards who cant deal with the idea where the gods are actual physical manifestations, or other parts of the rich and vibrant world that is Dragonball. This movie is nothing but a milking machine for the western market, and perhaps an attempt to suck in children into wanting hordes of action figures etc. I can't believe that somebody could remotely think that this is some kind of artistic interpretation.

Last edited:
brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm hoping they released this trailer as an experiment... because this is WORSE than the Street Fighter movie.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
God, you all act like the DBZ mythology is sacred or something. It's like anything that's brought to film from a different medium. There's a novel (or manga) and there's a screenplay. Dragonball is HUGE, and took HUNDREDS of episodes to create the mythology. If we brought in every character exactly as they were, then 3/4 of the movie would be devoted to the introduction of a new character.

I don't care what a character is "meant" to be. I've seen the original Japanese Dragonball live action movie, and it starred a child and included an actor who looked almost exactly like Roshi. Hell, it even had a weird-ass attempt at including Puar (the part played by a parakeet :\). And what hapenned? The movie was so silly even in relation to the source content that it was laughable. Laugh out loud laughable. Sure, Roshi was a spot-on match to the anime character, but the whole thing portrayed THIS faithfully (aside from the parakeet malarchy) just felt so wrong.

And how about this guys? Maybe like Gohan (the son, not the grandfather) Goku is only JUST starting high school, which explains why he's looked at as an outsider. Perhaps his innocense HAS been preserved, and maybe he really DOES know a little bit about fighting. We don't know any of the minute details.

What's my point? My point is you're all reacting badly to this only based on the very little information we really have on the film. What did we just learn here? Piccolo IS going to be green, right? The last few weeks that's half of what everyone here was pining over. And it turned out to be a false alarm! Why can't the same be true for some of the other things you hate it for?

I mean really, I don't think Ninjas kill Gohan to steal his social security check. Obviously it's part of Piccolo's plan to eliminate any possible threat, and Gohan is a great fighter. Goku was found in the woods, and he was probably raised there, and naturally, he probably learned a thing or two abought fighting from his surrogate parent. Do you really think they're going to put Goku and Gohan in an apartment or something? The people in charge of this aren;t as dumb as you think they are. The reason behind Piccolo's skin color has proved that to me. These guys are putting thought into this, I can tell. Will it win an Oscar? Nah. Will it be the biggest grossing film of 2009? I doubt it. I'm not saying I think the film will be utter brilliance, I'm just saying I don't think it's going to be utter dog**** either.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
See, the difference between you and everyone else is their opinion is based on the information they have access to. Your rather optimistic opinion of the film isn't based on what little evidence is available. It's based on your feelings. I can look at any of the pictures they've released and say, "Wow, that's absolute ****." But not to you. No, although the picture might be ****, even to you, your imagination is running wild with possibilities, and how things could be, so you'll defend not what actually exists, but the franchise's potential. You'll say that, although everything about the movie looks horrible, we haven't seen absolutely everything, so it might still be good. I've been there. Do you know what I have to show for it?

Seriously. This movie doesn't stand a chance.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Boy do I have an urge to drop the f bomb...

Uh...is that Brendan Frazer in the 2nd image?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No. That's "Holy **** what the **** does this have to do with double dragon?!".

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even know what Double Dragon is... :\

I don't even like those old impossible fighter games...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't make those movies any less horrible, or my point any less valid. Judge the film by the information we have access to; not by what you hope or dream the movie will be like. As it stands, it looks like a piece of ****. It's up to the actual film to prove us wrong, but it's already starting out on the negative side of the number line.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't ever tell me what to do or how to do it, and I don't care how valid you think your point is. If being optimistic makes me wrong, then call me the most incorrect bastard on the face of the earth.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't ever tell me what to do or how to do it, and I don't care how valid you think your point is. If being optimistic makes me wrong, then call me the most incorrect bastard on the face of the earth.
Don't judge the movie based on fantasies. You can go about not judging this movie based on your fantasies by looking at the information they've released thus far. There are two kinds of optimism. The kind that sees a silver lining and can potentially bring people together during the darkest of times. The other kind involves blinding yourself to reality, and usually ends in catastrophe.

Calm down, Tiger. This isn't worth getting worked up for.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You're trying to justify the credibility of a new movie by comparing it to an appaulingly made 1980's asian movie with the kind of camera work and quality i could probably do on a camera phone? The new movie looks better sure, but if you're setting the bar that low you could consider the likes of "dude where's my car" as oscar winning material.

This does dragonball no favours in terms of credibility, something that it was already lacking since after frieza saga it became the old 1+2=3 storyline.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
It's like the Initial D live action movie. Just totally forget the Anime and watch the movie. You'll love it.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
lols, i think even these guys will give the live action a run for their money:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHg-NtQs-Hc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHg-NtQs-Hc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That was hilarious :laff::laff:

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
lols, i think even these guys will give the live action a run for their money
plus they did it for free..

p.s. look at the one goku vs frieza.. those were the longest 9 minutes in my life..

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers

G
Now thats! awesome!
I gotta agree, considering that was a fan project I can kinda see the potential for a high budget film. Not with Dragonball, it'll doubtless just be fights to the scale of Hero or Unleashed, but later on it'd be cool to see how they bring to life Saiyan saga fights.

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
I've watched the whole real life movie now, and I loved the k-wave effect on the end. Damn, now that's what I call a real life move. If they can make it, why can't real life do it like that? I mean, come on.. With a high budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom