Double Tap Swooping Yes Or No?

• Yes, Keep It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Change It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can still go in whatever direction you want, just use the mouse to look at your target :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a lot easier then you think. You can move your view in any direction you want. Swoop frontwards, it's just like a beta 1.0-1.1 swoop. Swoop left, rotate your view clockwise, your character will turn right.

Best answers
may i ask you somethin, pcjoe?

as i wrote some posts above

is it possible to charge bejitas renzoku, then swoop to an enemy and release the renzoku at the enemy?

u know.. like in the series^^

well.. thought this could be somethin like gokus kamehameha-teleport... something special.. whatcha think? (am i allowed to ast stuff like that in here?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MajinBejita said:
may i ask you somethin, pcjoe?

as i wrote some posts above

is it possible to charge bejitas renzoku, then swoop to an enemy and release the renzoku at the enemy?

u know.. like in the series^^

well.. thought this could be somethin like gokus kamehameha-teleport... something special.. whatcha think? (am i allowed to ast stuff like that in here?)
I think you can only charge stuff when you're stopped. But you can swoop, stop then charge :)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you can't charge while in swoop.

Best answers
nah.. i mean charge before swooping, then swoop around with that charged atack

(and mybe just with bejita with his renzoku, like its in the series. ---> charge, then swoop to tha enemy and release lots of kiblasts)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't swoop around with a charged attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MP said:
no thats not a question, i was just adding on to what pcjoe said.
Oh, alright. Just to add onto that, if you don't have melee selected (even if you bump into the guy) you will not hit the person.

Best answers
Ok . I'm probably one of those people who doesn't like the entire 1.2 combat system.
(I think it's gone be to slow ) but then again that doesn't mather here ...
What's a bit odd is that the camera stays focused on 1 direction .. so far for front / back / sidestep left / right swooping It makes sence .. but why the swooping up / down part ?? wouldn't it just be easyer to leave that to the way it was .. just look up and swoop ? I mean the character is looking up but you can't ..
And how is first person view dealing with this ? (I play first person all the time )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it will be faster than 1.1 because of how you can change direction so easily. It is going to be hard to catch the person :). I think you can look up while moving upward, just move your mouse upward to look up.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The main thing about swooping in multiple directions is that you dont have to take your eyes off the enemy... and it just looks cool :)
Either way, you can still swoop frontwards and aim up/down.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it looks really damn cool, especially the vertical one. Kinda reminds me of when you're the phoenix in Illusion of Gaia

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Looks slow-paced and less fun. Same as Goes, I'm not too much of a fan of the entire 1.2 system. But hell, I like the creativity put into it. It looks slow to me, but you might suprise me with the outcome of 1.2.

Just keep it fast, anything's good, as long as it's fast.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see where you're comming from... I think it's a different experience when you actually play it. In Beta 1.0-1.1 I would get extremly fustrated in good/challenging fights, just because it a pain in the ass more then a "fun fight". In beta 1.2 we slowed down the speed a little, because common, most players can't even handle an ssj's swoop speed, let alone transformed krillin / evil buu. We know you "l33t" players out there have no problem with it, but we like to make the game playable by everyone... That also helps create the nice skillgap we have in 1.0-1.1, it's either "I kick ass" or "I'm getting my ass handed to me".
Skipping the swoop since you've heard enough about that, I think it's a lot better to have 3 choices of attack ( advanced melee attack, throw, and reduced beta 1.1 knockback ) then just one.
Another nice thing about 1.2 is that melee battles stays MELEE. In 1.0-1.1 whenever someone was attacked with melee, it would break the fight. Not much you can do when your enemy is 1/2 a level away. In 1.2 most of the attacks wont send the player more then 10-20 feet away (excluding a full powered throw), so the battle stays close and intense.

Best answers
well if the was a cvar or something to speed it up for the more skilled players... that might cheer some people up. by the way is there a release date planned? because about 3 months ago I lost the internet and got it back, but the new versaion isnt out as of yet...

Best answers
So PcJoe, when you melee someone in the back, it does a smaller 1.1 melee hit? If so, i like it!!

Also im guessing reduced knockback means it's easier to do combos and quickly link up attacks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom