Double Tap Swoop?

Double Tap Swooping Yes Or No?

• Yes, Keep It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Change It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
I don't like the idea. In my mind, it would be fine to just have swoop work as teleport does. That is, if you tapped/held any direction before you pressed the swoop button, you'd move that way when the swoop starts. Why is it that we have to get used to a whole new system of swooping, when you could easily implement the exact same feature that way? ::sighs::

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok How Can I Hate It Before I try it? Simple I've ALWAYS Hated Double Tapping Things To Do A Command

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes double tapping is irritating, but i believe that the system they have in place will be better. its not really a double tap, its a tap-press, as Pcjoe and Halorin had described.

i like ForeverZero's idea as well. to have swoop act like teleport does, press the direction you want to go and hit the swoop key. :yes:

id be willing to try out both, i can see both working out in the long run so whatever the team decides will be fine.

one question though.
With the tap-press swoop, from what i understand when you let go you stop swooping. does the swoop have a maximum timelimit (like it has now) or can u just keep on swooping till you run out of ki?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DruDown said:
Nice Job, Double posting, and Quoting everything anyone says as your argument. You must have ADD/ADHD, one of those people who just like to start funk to satisfie their own twisted needs, even if the person (pain, for this matter) has admitted defeat. You continually attack him, in a Matter-of-factly way. You Won, Joe, Let it go. Have a Mod Close this Thread or something, this is getting out of hand and can be resolved via PM.
o_O, lol, that's a first :)
I'm just messing around with him, he's a cool guy, haha. If it bothers him that much I'll stop "attacking" him. Hmm, actually I think I'll have to ask him for his aim, I end up meeting a lot of my online friends (Mastasurf and Ansel for example) through arguments.

With the tap-press swoop, from what i understand when you let go you stop swooping. does the swoop have a maximum timelimit (like it has now) or can u just keep on swooping till you run out of ki?
Well, ATM you can swoop forever, just because i havn't added a time limit... We'll eventually add one though. I also wanted it to take a larger amount of ki when you first start (should go along with the initial velocity boost), so you can't constantly boost in 15 different directions.

ForeverZero, we wanted to do the double tap thing so you can swoop in and out of melee. We're going to let the testers play around with the current set up a little more and see how they like it. If they decide something like the system you were describing is more appropiate, I'll implement that (which is actually a lot easier to code, lol).

Best answers
I like the double tapping idea because at some point I hope the team takes my idea of having left click for combos and right click for light knockbacks. If you don't have to have a key pressed to swoop, it'd be that much more sensible to have two mouse buttons free to choose what kind of attack you wanted. If my combo/knockback idea was used, having double tap would take away a lot of the cumbersomeness of having to hold a fire button to swoop.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Halorin said:
I like the double tapping idea because at some point I hope the team takes my idea of having left click for combos and right click for light knockbacks. If you don't have to have a key pressed to swoop, it'd be that much more sensible to have two mouse buttons free to choose what kind of attack you wanted. If my combo/knockback idea was used, having double tap would take away a lot of the cumbersomeness of having to hold a fire button to swoop.
*Nods* I'm pretty sure we are doing that, it's one of my assignments i believe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't about the double tap, but just swooping in general.

I was wondering if you will be able to teleport while you are swooping, and if you can, will you continue to swoop after you teleport? Or if you still have to stop swooping completely before you can teleport?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well Ok Lets see What Happends :p
Offtopic:This Topic got 2 pages in 1 day o_O)

Best answers
As far as I can tell, swooping and teleport will be handled in the same way it is now, save for the swoop's execution. If you're quick enough, you can get a rather nice flow of movement between swoops and teleports now anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does swooping take as much KI in 1.2 as it does in 1.1?

Googlism for: halorin

halorin is looking for a trunks in armor w/o sword
halorin is dead

Googlism for: gr00vy

gr00vy is right though
gr00vy is that? it's the work of darkurth

lynxy is full of life and fun to be with
lynxy is a seal lynx point colorpoint shorthair
lynxy is 1 of 4 cats i have now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Swooping shouldn't take up too much KI, so i'm guessing that it will be the same.

Best answers
From what I've seen, it's the same. I haven't noticed a change, if there has been one.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're right, it takes the same at the moment.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Er, was it different in 1.0?

mystix is about combining
mystix is in sort of a hibernation
mystix is not related to mystics

pcjoe is yet to submit a signature
pcjoe is no longer with the team but did contribute with his goku model & skin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At any rate...if Halorin says it's good, then I'm sure it's fine.
Too true :laff:, last time he put up a hell of a fight :). Did it get him banned? Anyways congrats on becoming a betatester. Same with you Magus :D. Just haven't updated the team section and he didn't have it in his sig, so I wasn't sure Gman ;).

I guess you can kind of think of it as the same swoop as 1.1 but a different way to start it and it allows you to turn better if you want. You can still use the mouse to aim right :p.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, I just came back from a game w/ DarkTooth. The new swoop is pretty fun, might have to tone it down or something, but it's crazy. It's like you can charge a kame-torpedo, then swoop away, charge another one (since you don't have to switch weapons). And you can dodge stuff in style too :)

Edit: Note - I don't play with my code that much, i just kinda do it and let other people have fun with it :)

Best answers
Ok, just a quick question (coz this does sound quite cool), once I have started swooping, I can use the mouse to control my direction right? Its not just a case of swoop, errrrr....wait for swoop to end? I

It sounds quite a lot better than the charge swoop, I have always wanted to be able to swoop backwards when some1 charges at me :D

Oh yeah, and considering PCJoe (and the rest of the team) is doing this, um well, for free, don't give him crap about how long he takes, I know it really pisses me off when friends of mine expect me to burn cds for them the very next day...and they give me 30 cds to do. Its a game guys, the team is small (very talented mind you) and NOT GETTING ANYTHING OUT OF THIS!!!

...so just leave the poor modder's asses alone :D

Best answers
So wait a minute, tell me this joe. If i double tap mouse and hold my right strafe key I will swoop sideways to my right? Kind of like the teleport works? Swoop in anyway you hold the directional keys down?
I would love that idea :laff:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bi0 Brolli said:
So wait a minute, tell me this joe. If i double tap mouse and hold my right strafe key I will swoop sideways to my right? Kind of like the teleport works? Swoop in anyway you hold the directional keys down?
I would love that idea :laff:
*nods*
It was pretty funny, DT was shooting homing attacks at me and i was swooping backwards/sideways, watching it follow me. Scary stuff, lol.
Just that you have to have melee selected for the prepunches/whatever to enable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom