• No, Change It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cyfore said:
in the middle of your swoop, can you change your attack. ex. you have gg selected mystery man comes at you and you swoop away but want to melee him. can you switch during swoop and start prepunching his ***
If you mean changing of you attack type from prepunch to secondary knockback and vice versa, yes you can do that at any time of the swoop - hence providing flexibility in your choice of attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll put it straight up.

At first I thought this was incredibly stupid. Then I went and played a game. And I was thinking about it while I was playing...and man, does it seem like a cool idea, after that. hehehe.

Best answers
Pain said:
i like ForeverZero's idea as well. to have swoop act like teleport does, press the direction you want to go and hit the swoop key. :yes:

id be willing to try out both, i can see both working out in the long run so whatever the team decides will be fine.
Nah i think a teleport with double tab would be cooler/easyer,
but then like duble tap without holding the second tab :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the double tap, I think that it will help prevent block spammers because now you can swoop right back instead of having to move backwards to get a hit. You could teleport but that would use more ki.

Best answers
i like the idea but i read a sugestion about double tap teleport so isnt this kinda the same+ i dont think you should be able to swoop without melee since of the
Evade Whore
(i dont care if i get flamed, since this a yes or no poll)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a great idea, much better than current swooping. Just imagine the manuevers you coulddo. Allthough it leaves one question, will you be able to attack someone while swooping backwards, or to left and right? Logically you'd think you'd be able to nail somone while swooping to the left, but not backwards.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rikku-boy, that was true in the build Halorin was playing, but i slowed down swoop, and made some further optimizations so you can't easily dodge everything.

Phatslugga, you can attack in any direction you're moving. It's EXTREMLY difficult to hit in a non-frontwards direction...You can pretty much only do it when the guy is standing still, but if you hit him from the side, your guy will do a side kick. If you hit him while going backwards, your guy will turn around and hit him, and so on...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
rikku-boy, that was true in the build Halorin was playing, but i slowed down swoop, and made some further optimizations so you can't easily dodge everything.

Phatslugga, you can attack in any direction you're moving. It's EXTREMLY difficult to hit in a non-frontwards direction...You can pretty much only do it when the guy is standing still, but if you hit him from the side, your guy will do a side kick. If you hit him while going backwards, your guy will turn around and hit him, and so on...
I know it is sort of off topic but what are you going to do about hitting the person from behind. As in you are swooping forward and he is looking the opposite way.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
one question how will combo's be possible when u can only do the stand still kinda combo :/

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
I know it is sort of off topic but what are you going to do about hitting the person from behind. As in you are swooping forward and he is looking the opposite way.
The opposite way. If you're swooping left, the guy has to be to your left to hit him, not your front. Same thing with the rest of the directions...

ZTiMaStA said:
one question how will combo's be possible when u can only do the stand still kinda combo :/
Secondary fire acts as a slight melee knockback (seriously reduced beta 1.1), so you can still get quick hits in there. I posted a ghetto music video for the force pit members, they seemed to like it :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
The opposite way. If you're swooping left, the guy has to be to your left to hit him, not your front. Same thing with the rest of the directions...
The question has nothing to do with how you swoop, for instance:

I swoop at a guy (it can even be the regular beta 1.1 swoop :p). I quicky teleport behind him then comb back the other way for a nice ass hit on his back :]. What happens then, do I get to do combos where he cannot block (or throw where he cannot block), do I get to just hit him really hard or does the guy just turn around and it acts as a regular melee?

Sorry guess it was my fault with the brief question :(

Best answers
it reminds me of unreal when you double tap and go flying of the ship into space and die! i personally hated that feature because i nearly always double tap in game, would be nice if it was 3 or 4 taps rather than 2

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
The question has nothing to do with how you swoop, for instance:

I swoop at a guy (it can even be the regular beta 1.1 swoop :p). I quicky teleport behind him then comb back the other way for a nice ass hit on his back :]. What happens then, do I get to do combos where he cannot block (or throw where he cannot block), do I get to just hit him really hard or does the guy just turn around and it acts as a regular melee?

Sorry guess it was my fault with the brief question :(
Ah, ATM he just turns around for a normal melee beating. We're planning on giving you an advantage if you do attack from the back though.

LOGiSTiCs said:
it reminds me of unreal when you double tap and go flying of the ship into space and die! i personally hated that feature because i nearly always double tap in game, would be nice if it was 3 or 4 taps rather than 2
Like you're going to swoop into space and kill yourself, not like you have the ability to fly or anything -_-

Best answers
i donno i have a logitech mouse and targetting people is a bugger in ESF, you can swoop around but because its so fast you NEED to target something. If you dont trying to hit people is impossible

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOGiSTiCs said:
i donno i have a logitech mouse and targetting people is a bugger in ESF, you can swoop around but because its so fast you NEED to target something. If you dont trying to hit people is impossible
And THAT is why you are going to like this target-less melee system in 1.2. =]

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
PCjoe, while your still in the forums, are you guys going to add more
effects the explosions? Like splashing when shoot beams and balls into
the water (please say yes :cry: ). Also can you guys add splashes for when you
are meleed into the water.

Back on topic: PCJoe, Groovy, Halorin and ESF Team, I think this idea
is excellent it would help dramatically when you are getting teamed on:
One comes from front. I swoop in and Throw him away. Another comes
behind. I swoop back and melee him into a wall. :devsmile:. Don't mess with ME!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Ah, ATM he just turns around for a normal melee beating. We're planning on giving you an advantage if you do attack from the back though.
Well I think he should not be able to block the attack you choose (throw, knockback or combos). I earned (hopefully :]) the chance to hit a guy from behind, wreaking the rewards is always nice :).

It will also be a nice change without the targetting system giving away where you are underwater.

*Can just see beamers using water*

But on the other hand, you can now sneak out of the water to hit people!

Oh and another question, can you throw players at players :cool:

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
Oh and another question, can you throw players at players :cool:
Oh yea! That is the most fun part about this... You are swinging someone around - you see another guy approaching you, and you throw your opponent on him - WHAMMO! The two of them go flying away. ^_^

Heh, /me hopes Pcjoe wasn't saving this as a surprise.. D:

Joe has really thought this through - and I saw him going into a "coding-zombie" mode last weekend too o_O ... the amount he has progressed is unbelievable. If anyone ever asks, "How much better can any mod get..?" - well you've seen nothing yet. :rolleyes:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
Oh yea! That is the most fun part about this... You are swinging someone around - you see another guy approaching you, and you throw your opponent on him - WHAMMO! The two of them go flying away. ^_^

Heh, /me hopes Pcjoe wasn't saving this as a surprise.. D:
Not really, it's all good :)

Dalte89 - I'm planning on reprogramming the particle system in beta 1.3, so you should see a lot of new FX (including transform FX).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom