Double Tap Swoop?

Double Tap Swooping Yes Or No?

• Yes, Keep It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Change It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
I really like this idea and I think it would work great with the new system IMO.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I think it works quite well, and, with proper tweeking, should turn out to be an excellent element in the game. And, I will follow the original consensus about judging a book by its cover ;)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like this idea alot better than how it currently works.
so will this new swoop method work with other attacks selected? i would imagine so.

Best answers
Indeed, MP. It really kinda changes the dynamic and use for kiblasts and beams and stuff, which is a mixed bag, in my opinion. Now beamers can always be as evasive as someone melee'ing. Sure, they aren't charging a beam when they swoop, but.. I don't know. It's already pretty hard to kill someone using yellowblast. It's going to be all the more harder now.

Watch out for the Evade Whore. o_O

And if that becomes an actual term that people use as an insult like people did with my HOW term, I will stab.

Yes. Stab.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, as its been previously stated, you can swoop without the melee attack selected. You only need the melee attack to start the autopunches etc...

Best answers
Hmm this idea sounds pretty fun actually.
Yeah i guess it will be harder to hit people, but there ki cant last forever to keep them dodging.
Uh, can any attacks be performed while swooping, so like "Swoop after them + charge a beam"? (perhaps just a generic?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think just a generic would be ok, but it wouldnt really be very fair if someone is chasing a guy charging a kamehameha, trying to peform melee on them, and by the time they get to them they can bomb quater of the map :fight:

Best answers
As of now, there are no attacks that can be charged during swoops. I don't think that will be changing, either. But I'm not sure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PcJoe said:
DT was shooting homing attacks at me
Literal homing attacks :]. Or just like scatter beams?

Halorin said:
As of now, there are no attacks that can be charged during swoops. I don't think that will be changing, either. But I'm not sure.
I hope it stays like that, I don't want another option that beam spammers can use.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only beam that should be useable during swoop, in my opinion, is burning attack.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Booya, finally had time to get back on the forums.

I absolutely *love* the double tap swoop just because of the 'fun-factor' involved. I've been playing around with it a lot, and oh-boy, swooping in different directions to evade attacks and blah blah... it's by far the best advancement in melee uptil-date. Oh, and double tapping the jump button (space bar by default) makes you swoop up. So if a beam's coming at you and you're at the ground, a double jump makes you fly UP UP AND AWAY!... err, right. o_O

Halorin said:
Watch out for the Evade Whore. o_O

And if that becomes an actual term that people use as an insult like people did with my HOW term, I will stab.

Yes. Stab.
OMG, haha x'D... that just made my day, lol...

Halorin said:
I like the double tapping idea because at some point I hope the team takes my idea of having left click for combos and right click for light knockbacks. If you don't have to have a key pressed to swoop, it'd be that much more sensible to have two mouse buttons free to choose what kind of attack you wanted. If my combo/knockback idea was used, having double tap would take away a lot of the cumbersomeness of having to hold a fire button to swoop.
I'm pretty sure joe is doing that, and this will literally make the old beta 1.1 melee system obsolete - since it is actually a subset of the new system. And I'm sure no-one will run back to the old way of melee with the CVAR if this is implemented. ^_^

----

And the heck with this poll... so many people love it already - if the team at any point decides to -not- use this double tap system, I'm going on strike and coming to hunt each and every one of them down.

P.S. - @GMan: googlism really relates to double tapping, bravo :p .

Best answers
****ing hell, ******* groov!!! wont even let your own flat-m8 see 1.2, always locking the door to test... grrrr

accordin to what people have been saying, it sounds fun and really like this compared to the ghey charging as before.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
W/e I Said I Would See What Its Like ..................
This Is JoeJustJoe Cause I Was Banned For Some Reason IF People Are Like...?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EpyonX said:
****ing hell, ******* groov!!! wont even let your own flat-m8 see 1.2, always locking the door to test... grrrr
Thats the team's descision not his :]

EpyonX said:
accordin to what people have been saying, it sounds fun and really like this compared to the ghey charging as before.
I agree the new swoop sounds like it will make melee so much fun :)

Best answers
Well, I think that's it'd tha same as all things:
Once used to it, u 'll love it. The esf-team knows what they're talking about and i trust in them to choose a good melee system.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
Thats the team's descision not his :]
It's more along the lines of his choice actually. We don't really care if you let your roomate play/see 1.2, just as long as he doesn't go around leaking information -_- We do start to mind when you start handing out the inteam though ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
It's more along the lines of his choice actually. We don't really care if you let your roomate play/see 1.2, just as long as he doesn't go around leaking information -_- We do start to mind when you start handing out the inteam though ^_^
Guess I read it too fast, thought he was just one of his friends from the internet o_o

Best answers
in the middle of your swoop, can you change your attack. ex. you have gg selected mystery man comes at you and you swoop away but want to melee him. can you switch during swoop and start prepunching his ***

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom