Doom 3 Info

Best answers
Better knock on wood =P, anyways i got home from work today spent some time on msn and got right back into doom3, its addicting to me lol.

It is scary at times, but now iv gotten to the point where things just keep coming at fact paces so its quickly becomming a shooter.Now i give u somemore of my doom3 experience in these pics, is it just me or do screenshots lower in quality? cause ingame my models aren't polygoned like some in the shots =P.

Best answers
Ack, I hate spiders. I know those litte things are just gonna terrify me.
On a side note, what are zombies doing knocking over the toilets :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, those spiders are annoying sons of *****es.

They will crawl out of anywhere and they can leap >_>.

The only thing that bugs me in doom 3 is that everything sort of has a universal damage.

Best answers
The spiders don't irritate me because they crawl from small places, they irritate me cause they come a dozen at a time.

And lucky you, the power goes WOOM once they come at you lol.

Best answers
omg... really getting into multiplayer.. omg multiplayer is <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:D Loving the feeling of rocket jumps flooding my veins again >_O.

For multiplayer i highly suggest typing

r_shadows 0 in console. (for console hold ctrl + alt then hit ~ )

This takes away realtime shadows (but there are alot of "dark" places and painted shadows throughout the multiplayer levels... very few 'real' shadows.. so u really wont care fo the difference) and it really boost ur fps at times. I can be in some room with 30fps and turn off r_shadows and get around 60.

I'm curently running a 2.0ghz processor, ATI Radeon 9700 PRO, and 256mb DDR ram

And the reccomendation scan says I should be using low quality (due to the ram no doubt) .. but i've found that on low quality my fps tends to drop below 15 on all resolutions. Then when i boost up my settings to medium (with vsync on on both settings... since i have an ATI card and i get an ugly visual in the dark with vsync off) .. anyways. Then i boost my settings up to medium and my resolution from 800x600 to 1024.. and it runs extremely smoothly. Averaging 30-60 fps.

?? explinations ?? I'm also using Cataylst Beta 4.9 Drivers

Best answers
:D I think it feels much better than quake3 >_O.

Also... Just to anyone who doesn't know. If you wanna increase your max players above 4. Go into your doom3 config file and change 4 to whatever number. (you will know what i'm talkn about)

EDIT:::::!!!!!

I found a really simple.. nice mod for doom3.
http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Ungibbable;28952
It makes it so corpses are "ungibbable" , meaning they wont turn into ash and vanish once you kill them.

I also found a co-op mod already done and released.. but i wont link ya to it since it's just the same single player with co-op. So it doesn't seem it'd work very well. It'd be better to wait a lil longer for a mod team to finish co-op with "optimized" maps... aka.. so u can run 2-4 players, and it wouldn't seem out of place.

Edit2plz::::::!!!

For those of you that don't know. You can adjust Your player color name via "^#" commands. For example.

^2Ulti^3ma2 in the multiplayer name field

(i'm not sure the exact coloring as i did not memorize it but lets assume ^2 = red and ^3 = green)

My name is now Ultima2

The numbers are 1-9. Go and experiment.

Best answers
Started playing today... wow. Gruesomely detailed, gruesomely frightening.

Ph34r teh Pinkeh.

Best answers
Ultima said:
I also found a co-op mod already done and released.. but i wont link ya to it since it's just the same single player with co-op. So it doesn't seem it'd work very well. It'd be better to wait a lil longer for a mod team to finish co-op with "optimized" maps... aka.. so u can run 2-4 players, and it wouldn't seem out of place.
I have heard from MULTIPLE sources that that mod is nothing but a CD Key stealer, people crash on join and it is reported that the host is givin the client's keys as they join. So if you want to keep your 50 bucks, might want to stay away from this mod.
However, there are a couple LEGIT co-op mods being worked on right now, that look promising.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a lot of little simple mods...that one would have to be complex. So I'm betting Tass' is right on that one.

Best answers
Actually if you read the forums the one i'm referring to isn't a cd key stealer. But i still wont post a link since it's pretty crappy modification without optimized maps...

Besides.. the current "quick" co-op games are the exact same thing as starting a multiplayer server and changing the map to a single player map.
>_O Of course u have to kill your teammates to activate scripted events and cutscenes... haha.... mmm *waits for real co-op*

And for the sake of the gamespot review arguement (which i said i wasn't gonna get into but i'm kinda feelin lazy about stickn to my word >_O) ... read my post on gamespot suggestions :D :D http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=314159277&topic=15563778&page=0

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamespy's "out of the box" was the same ****. Sluggo was like, "the game is really awesome...but it will get boring." It doesn't.

Add to that the fact that I've had it a week and am still playing it and am still enthralled...

I should have beaten this like two days ago by normal FPS standards. lol

Best answers
Another contrasting comment by gamespot reviewer.

The reviewer said something along the lines of "you have this little pda thing and all these messages and emails and video disks..and i don't wanna stop and listen to em or watch them" or something equivalent to that...

And then he also says the game is just a simple shooter with no indepth storyline.

Um.... the "indepth" storyline is still very much there. It's the reviewers fault for not immersing himself in it. The reason why a large portion of the story is told via pda is because YOU THE PLAYER ARE GIVEN THE CHOICE TO RUN AND GUN OR slow it down and enthrall yourself deeper into the story.

Pathetic that the reviewer would shun the game for not having a "deep" story... while also proclaiming he didn't want to sit around listening to the story.

lol.... honestly anyone wants to tell me i'm wrong and the review wasn't largly opinionated.... please... give me some answers to my comments :X

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kinda like the way some people felt about System Shock 2. The story was there, you just had to read more of it.

Bought the game today, it's really, REALLY freaky. Nearly leaped out of my chair several times! Not very far in, I'm waiting until complete darkness, to complete the experience.

Best answers
:| I'm kinda a wussyface... so i only play the game at 7am in the morning... and only about 30min at a time... =-o ^_^ so it'll be a while till i finish the game.. hahahahah

... so sad.... and yet it's so true

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody who says Doom 3 lacks depth is on drugs. The way the story plays out if you let the voice logs play while ingame and put the pda down (they keep going even if you put the pda away), the game is actually very deep. They hint at everything and the story is told really nicely in this way. Piece by piece. With the right attitude, you can be in this UAC facility, and think of it as REALLY a facility where things have gone wrong.

That review is garbage and the guy obviously never played the first time. He's probably some *****runt punk kid who started PC gaming at Quake III.

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
Actually if you read the forums the one i'm referring to isn't a cd key stealer. But i still wont post a link since it's pretty crappy modification without optimized maps...

Besides.. the current "quick" co-op games are the exact same thing as starting a multiplayer server and changing the map to a single player map.
>_O Of course u have to kill your teammates to activate scripted events and cutscenes... haha.... mmm *waits for real co-op*

And for the sake of the gamespot review arguement (which i said i wasn't gonna get into but i'm kinda feelin lazy about stickn to my word >_O) ... read my post on gamespot suggestions :D :D http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=314159277&topic=15563778&page=0
I'm telling you... if that's the one that crashes a lot... all it does is make a simple command to allow single player maps to be made in multiplayer, with ZERO support, hence the crashing and the actual client not being able to see the monsters. According to FileFront, and many other sources it is a cd key stealer.

Another thing that is undeniably great about this game is the shear power of it's engine. Honestly, look how big this game is, 1.5 Gigs, that's it, it has over 10 hours of gameplay on single player and you never feel like you've been in the same place twice (unless you're going in circles :p). I've seen maps on FileFront, one was 1 Megabyte, the compression is phenomenal. Anyway, point is, FarCry was 4 gigs installed, maybe more, Doom 3 looks ten times better and is just as long. The people at ID definatly know how to make an engine, not even counting the game itself.

Best answers
AMD Athlon 2200
256Mb of RAM
more then enough Gb of hard drive space.
A Geforce4 MX420

Best answers
AMD Athlon 2200
256Mb of RAM
more then enough Gb of hard drive space.
A Geforce4 MX420

Sorry if this is a double post my computer is messed up anyway I was wondering If my computer would run doom 3 and if not how many problems would I have

Best answers
Uh, with all honesty I don't think that's gonna cut it for anything but low quality.. and even then i'd imagine choppyness. But then again low quality is still very good looking.

I suggest you upgrade your ram

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom