Characters in ESF: Final

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just saying, Gohan agains't Dabura was SSJ1 and had 1 bang (also in the tourney, when he goes SSJ while Videl is being crushed by Spopo*****). It seems after the tourney (and during it), Toriyama's way of drawing Gohan's hair changed a bit.
During that arc Gohan had 1 bang in both SSJ and SSJ2 forms. I don't see how does it relate to movie 10, where Gohan was drawn with both 1 and 2 bangs.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
During that arc Gohan had 1 bang in both SSJ and SSJ2 forms. I don't see how does it relate to movie 10, where Gohan was drawn with both 1 and 2 bangs.
Thats just it. Toei is so inconsistent with the drawing of the hair that its impossible to tell from just that. Hell they changed drawing styles mid saga.

So whats left is the manga rules, since those stay consistent.

ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well after reading all those post about Broly, I can only say this to you all.

Grega is right!!!!!

Clothes, Hair style and even animations in the series change even in every saga.
Even better, in the saga it self it changes.

And no one was a SSJ2 when they fight Broly in the movies.

Broly in ESF well I dont know.
I am a small fan of Broly because it has a bit a story of its own.
But I think its more then enough like this.
And like GG said what about the fans making character packs???

If I am not mistaken you can add your own characters next to the originals.
But you can only add the basic ESF:F attacks to your new character.
Correct me if I am wrong!!

I think it has a bit the same idea with ECX: RC2 came out.
Where you can add your own costum character.

I personaly think the team made up theyre minds very good.
And if they say no Broly then I dont think you have to try to convince them to do so.
Just let them finish the things they started now.
And let them finish those things.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just saying, Gohan agains't Dabura was SSJ1 and had 1 bang (also in the tourney, when he goes SSJ while Videl is being crushed by Spopo*****). It seems after the tourney (and during it), Toriyama's way of drawing Gohan's hair changed a bit.

Anyway, I like the character selection. I'd add Gotenks and Vegetto (but in some kind of special chars, like in Star Wars Battlefield 2, when you have a kill spree, you get the chance to pick a special char, here the same, after a kill spree you have the chance to pick Gotenks or Vegetto), and Dabura too (and Super Buu + Gotenks and +Gohan like the special chars counterparts to Gotenks and Vegetto for the Evil Team), but anyway, is good as it is now.
Gohan went SSJ2 at the tourny. (Not while videl gets crushed)

Best answers
Gohan went SSJ2 at the tourny. (Not while videl gets crushed)
I know, that is why I say "while Videl was getting crushed". I know he goes SSJ2 with Kibito.

Anyway, about the Broly film, Toei is so inconsistent that it really doesn't matters. I mean, all films are inconsistent about the ending (the only one that isn't is Bojack one (i mean at the ending)).

3 SSJs are weaker than a SSJ2, and that's a fact. But for Toei isn't. Does it really minds? Toei also made Goku having to go SSJ4 to hold an apartment building.

Toei also made Gohan base stronger than Broly SSJ, and Videl able to avoid Broly SSJ punches. It is all very very confusing.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well after reading all those post about Broly, I can only say this to you all.

Grega is right!!!!!

Clothes, Hair style and even animations in the series change even in every saga.
Even better, in the saga it self it changes.

And no one was a SSJ2 when they fight Broly in the movies.

Broly in ESF well I dont know.
I am a small fan of Broly because it has a bit a story of its own.
But I think its more then enough like this.
And like GG said what about the fans making character packs???

If I am not mistaken you can add your own characters next to the originals.
But you can only add the basic ESF:F attacks to your new character.
Correct me if I am wrong!!

I think it has a bit the same idea with ECX: RC2 came out.
Where you can add your own costum character.

I personaly think the team made up theyre minds very good.
And if they say no Broly then I dont think you have to try to convince them to do so.
Just let them finish the things they started now.
And let them finish those things.
Gohan was ssj2 only vs broly but in family kameha he was ssj1. Daizenshuu sketches shows that.

Ok ppl dont make any broly vs ssj2 threads again it is really becoming bull**** boring

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So whats left is the manga rules, since those stay consistent.
No way. Manga rules don't apply to Toei's ****. Like I said, it wouldn't make sense to make two versions of SSJ Gohan's hair in a single movie. It's more than likely that Toei decided to distinguish the forms by forehead bangs.
In Daizenshuu, there are some sketches of Gohan's appearance in movie #10. They're based on how Gohan looked in manga. 2 bangs when he trained with Goten and 1 bang when he went SSJ2 in the tournament. The sketch of Gohan with 1 bang looks EXACTLY like SSJ2 Gohan in manga against Kibito, just with different clothes. Why would they apply SSJ2 Gohan's appearance to SSJ Gohan? They wouldn't.

Found it:

Last edited:
ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ok tell me how you can see he was SSJ2 in this part of the movie??
PS dont say its the hair since his style of the hair doesnt change only in collor.

[video=youtube;AooPhdoPpho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AooPhdoPpho[/video]

There is no lightning there eighter.
And in strength I dont see a SSJ2 strength against Broly.
Next to that how strong is LSSJ??? Same as a SSJ2 or maybe more like USSJ??

There where no other levels in past then only SSJ.
And become like that it was very hars for saiyans to reach that level.
Broly was an acception by birth.
Never was talked about SSJ2 levels in theyre past.
Thats why I think Broly became much stronger then a normal SSJ and became a legend.
With the strength of a USSJ.

If Gohan was SSJ2 in this movie he would be much stronger and faster.
But he was slow and weak.
End Discussion I suppose :D
Gohan was ssj2 only vs broly but in family kameha he was ssj1. Daizenshuu sketches shows that.

Ok ppl dont make any broly vs ssj2 threads again it is really becoming bull**** boring

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sting, what you just wrote is only a matter of opinion. You gave absolutely no valid arguments to prove that Gohan was only SSJ1. In my last post I pretty clearly made a statement that it wouldn't make sense to draw two different versions of SSJ1 Gohan's hair. Furthermore, 2-bang version was based on SSJ1 Gohan from the manga while 2-bang version based on SSJ2 Gohan from the manga. Electricity is not a factor when it's Toei.
Keep in mind that SSJ2 is believed to be only twice stronger than SSJ and Broli is much, much stronger than a regular SSJ1, especially when it's Gohan, which makes Broli at least SSJ2-tier fighter.
There's nothing that contradicts Gohan being SSJ2 and later, after being beaten to a pulp, only SSJ1 in the movie.
Also your English is horrible.

Last edited:
ESF Old Timer
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Yeah it explains a lot then Hlev when gohan goes SSJ2 infront of kabito he had lightning ^^

As for my english what has that to do with this??? Maybe you can explain to me na??

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah it explains a lot then Hlev when gohan goes SSJ2 infront of kabito he had lightning ^^
Lightning is not a factor in that movie since Toei was never consistent with it. Get over it.

And it's harder to get your point when you can't write correctly.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you guys still fight about Broly Being SSJ 2 or not , dose it matter ? Gohan in Buu saga was way to weak , just remeber when he fought Dabura , Vegeta said he was stronger a kid then now so that gohan kind of slack off during Buu's saga

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you guys still fight about Broly Being SSJ 2 or not , dose it matter ? Gohan in Buu saga was way to weak , just remeber when he fought Dabura , Vegeta said he was stronger a kid then now so that gohan kind of slack off during Buu's saga
Well, I simply tried to correct people who in my opinion are wrong to some extent. Gohan being weak doesn't really have anything to do with this I think, especially considering that movies are not applied to the original DB universe and it's very well possible (although I don't agree with it) that Gohan from movie 10 hadn't gotten weaker after his fight with Cell.

I'm not a person to actually know everything about DB, I don't even own the manga, but it seems that people here, in ESF forums doesn't really know ****.
The real arguments happen in Daizenshuu EX forums, where most of the people own manga and are very well familiar with DB. And still, when stupid theories are put away, arguments continue between most logical but at the same time very different theories.
Damn you, Toriyama.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
Best answers
since when did this become a debate on ssj forms for characters in movies, isnt this thread about characters in esf <<

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since #51 post.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok tell me how you can see he was SSJ2 in this part of the movie??
PS dont say its the hair since his style of the hair doesnt change only in collor.

[video=youtube;AooPhdoPpho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AooPhdoPpho[/video]

There is no lightning there eighter.
And in strength I dont see a SSJ2 strength against Broly.
Next to that how strong is LSSJ??? Same as a SSJ2 or maybe more like USSJ??

There where no other levels in past then only SSJ.
And become like that it was very hars for saiyans to reach that level.
Broly was an acception by birth.
Never was talked about SSJ2 levels in theyre past.
Thats why I think Broly became much stronger then a normal SSJ and became a legend.
With the strength of a USSJ.

If Gohan was SSJ2 in this movie he would be much stronger and faster.
But he was slow and weak.
End Discussion I suppose :D
The lighting stuff like hleV said it is not ssj2 factor anymore in toei character designs. But Akira toriyama did the same thing in buu saga vegeta vs kid buu, Vegeta was ssj2 but without lighting. And a lot of transformation had lighting so it is not ssj2 factor anymore. Brolys Lssj beated ssj2 weaker with 3 moves i can say Lssj is capable for full powered ssj2 like goku or vegeta. Brolys power is nowere like ussj it is much bigger. I think Lssj is brolys final transformation. Lssj stands for ssj2 or later ssj3 if he was alive of course.
And yea i really want to end this discussion too if people wouldn't talk bull**** things :)

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But Akira toriyama did the same thing in buu saga vegeta vs kid buu, Vegeta was ssj2 but without lighting.
Anime was created by Toei. It was based on Akira Toriyama's manga where Vegeta had lightning during his fight against Kid Buu.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Anime was created by Toei. It was based on Akira Toriyama's manga where Vegeta had lightning during his fight against Kid Buu.
Oh sorry then. But still it prooves ssj2 can be without lighting in toei designs. Man i thought that akira made and manga and anime but not, my mistake:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom