Characters in ESF: Final

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure, there're plenty of other characters i would like to see in the final, but every time i watch the vegeta crhistmas trailer it makes me think:"what the hell? how is that even possible, look at half life and then look at this, it just looks like one of those new PS3 DBZ games". And if i had to imagine, how much work that has to be, i get a headache.

And if i think about 180.000 animations? Oh lord. And thats not all. Every character has different sounds, different signature moves, those global effect like:"what happens if "XYZ" hits a wall, or water, or player ...and so on.
ATM its round 450 animations per character model.

with 36 models that makes 28350 animations that need to be done by DT alone.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
correction... each character now has over 520 animations... yeah.. in the FIVE hundreds now..

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, guys. You're trying to make actual developers look bad, aren't you? They have time limits, so I guess it's not fair to compare, but it's also THEIR job, and they get payed a ton to do it...but you're putting them to shame here.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Guys, guys. You're trying to make actual developers look bad, aren't you? They have time limits, so I guess it's not fair to compare, but it's also THEIR job, and they get payed a ton to do it...but you're putting them to shame here.
I can still see some brown spots on your neck :p

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
correction... each character now has over 520 animations... yeah.. in the FIVE hundreds now..

OK 18720 animations that you have to do then ^^;

BTW did Raven extend the limit again. As i recall the first extention was only to 512 animations :s

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
OK 18720 animations that you have to do then ^^;

BTW did Raven extend the limit again. As i recall the first extention was only to 512 animations :s
I wouldn't really say that. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of them were basic animations, which could be imported for each character, and slightly edited for hair/cloth detail.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
SILENCE DAMAERA!
you lost your previlages to my secrets!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense, but can't many walking animations, flying animations, fighting animations just be copied over to all of the other models? Save for a few slight adjustments per model (Freeza's/Cell's tail, Buu's cape, or a single unique fighting animation for Freeza) While I can see you doing unique animations for the way Buu walks, I don't see why you would have to hand animate the walking animation for Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Krillin, Ginyu, etc., etc.

Other wise I just have to say that it is a hopelessly impractical workflow you have there.

Edit: Okay, I am not awake right now, and I missed Dam's post. Never mind what I said.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You jerk DT! It's not like every other game does that! :(

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense, but can't many walking animations, flying animations, (fighting animations =around 490 )just be copied over to all of the other models? Save for a few slight adjustments per model (Freeza's/Cell's tail, Buu's cape, or a single unique fighting animation for Freeza) While I can see you doing unique animations for the way Buu walks, I don't see why you would have to hand animate the walking animation for Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Krillin, Ginyu, etc., etc.

Other wise I just have to say that it is a hopelessly impractical workflow you have there.

Edit: Okay, I am not awake right now, and I missed Dam's post. Never mind what I said.

so that's like 10 or 20 animatios the same for all characters what about the other 492 animations ?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
so that's like 10 or 20 animatios the same for all characters what about the other 492 animations ?
You have to consider blend animations to john. But still Every animation needs adjustments depending on character and form for the clothes, hair and face animations.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
why evryone is so obsest with broly , any SSJ 2 can beat broly up , Cell , Fat buu .
Well broly beated gohan ssj2 in the movie and at the end of the movie goku was ssj1 and then he said pull out the power his hair changed to more like ssj2. You can say it is just from the blast wave but gottens hair didn't change a bit from the wave. And in raging blast game in broly second coming story goku shows in ssj2 form. Even gohan was weaker ssj2 he can't be really so much weak from full powered ssj2 because gohan still had energy to transform to ssj2. If broly would fight agains full powered ssj2 the fight should be draw necause he dominated weak ssj2 with ease but logicaly if broly can rise his power while he is in lssj form he can beat full powered ssj2. Now with cell it is clearly goku said in the movie"broly is making trouble in hell" so logically cell and freaza were smacked down by him because you all should know that cell with freaza and his gang were making trouble in hell before broly.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
There is nothing logical with Brolly. And with the same movie the core indication of a SSJ2 is never present. Electrical sparks round the body. Its not there in any of the Brolly movies, yet its in the Yanembala movie even though only a short time.

And you cant judge by hair alone, since Gokus regular SSJ hair changes throughout the series along with the drawing style of the series itself. So the only 100% indication is the lightning thats not present. On anyone, including Broilly.

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well broly beated gohan ssj2 in the movie and at the end of the movie goku was ssj1 and then he said pull out the power his hair changed to more like ssj2. You can say it is just from the blast wave but gottens hair didn't change a bit from the wave. And in raging blast game in broly second coming story goku shows in ssj2 form. Even gohan was weaker ssj2 he can't be really so much weak from full powered ssj2 because gohan still had energy to transform to ssj2. If broly would fight agains full powered ssj2 the fight should be draw necause he dominated weak ssj2 with ease but logicaly if broly can rise his power while he is in lssj form he can beat full powered ssj2. Now with cell it is clearly goku said in the movie"broly is making trouble in hell" so logically cell and freaza were smacked down by him because you all should know that cell with freaza and his gang were making trouble in hell before broly.
Damn, I hate these arguments about Gohan's forms. I also hate when people don't know what they're talking about.
In DBZ movie 10, the only indicator of Gohan's SSJ forms is the "forehead bangs". As SSJ he had two while as SSJ2 he had only one of them. Since Toei didn't give a **** about lightning, that's all we have to distinguish them. And during the "family Kamehameha", Gohan, Goku and Goten were SSJ1.

But seriously it doesn't matter who Broli (yes, that's how his name should be written correctly) defeats and who defeats Broli. If such things mattered, Krillin and Capt. Ginyu would have never made it to the game. Broli is just a mad killing machine. He doesn't have any cool attacks, although he may have more than some other characters in ESF.
  1. melee;
  2. Ki blast (green);
  3. generic beam (green);
  4. small Ki blast which later expands to the size of a Genki Dama (green);
  5. shield which deals damage to surrounding enemies (green).
A bit more about "forehead bangs". At one point he has two, at other he has one. It wouldn't make sense if it was the same form. When he passes out from SSJ2, we see his one bang splitting in two (as if he descends from SSJ2 to SSJ) and then his hair becomes black.
Lightning is Toriyama's indicator of SSJ2, not Toei's.

Last edited:
Some guy from 2010
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
This thread is now about the fusion technique.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
At one point he has two, at other he has one. It wouldn't make sense if it was the same form. When he passes out from SSJ2, we see his one bang splitting in two (as if he descends from SSJ2 to SSJ) and then his hair becomes black.
Lightning is Toriyama's indicator of SSJ2, not Toei's.
And that only furthers the point that the movies are bull****. And strengthens the reason for us to skip movie content.

But you say Toei doesnt do it. So how come they did at least minimal lightning indications in other movies?

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
But you say Toei doesnt do it. So how come they did at least minimal lightning indications in other movies?
Ask them. They're not consistent on this matter.

Best answers
Just saying, Gohan agains't Dabura was SSJ1 and had 1 bang (also in the tourney, when he goes SSJ while Videl is being crushed by Spopo*****). It seems after the tourney (and during it), Toriyama's way of drawing Gohan's hair changed a bit.

Anyway, I like the character selection. I'd add Gotenks and Vegetto (but in some kind of special chars, like in Star Wars Battlefield 2, when you have a kill spree, you get the chance to pick a special char, here the same, after a kill spree you have the chance to pick Gotenks or Vegetto), and Dabura too (and Super Buu + Gotenks and +Gohan like the special chars counterparts to Gotenks and Vegetto for the Evil Team), but anyway, is good as it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom